Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, Ms is used for an unmarried woman, it was also the name of the first truly feminist magazine. The list had her written Miss Marvel, which is so wrong for her character.

No, "Miss" is used for an unmarried woman (as opposed to "Mrs."). "Ms." is deliberately ambiguous and may be applied to women regardless of marital status, which is why it was adopted by feminists. They felt that women deserved an identity that was not defined by their attachment to a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The biggest problem with the Spider-man arcade game is that it was specifically designed to be a quarter-muncher. Your life total constantly ticked down over time, and using your special moves also drained life.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Roth posted:

Square only published Deus Ex, so I don't know know what that would have anything to do with Avengers.

Deus Ex was developed by Eidos, who are owned by Square Enix.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Roth posted:

Yes Square publishes their games, but Square themselves did not develop the game.

Are you trying to argue that the company which owns a studio has no input or influence on their development process?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Card-based? loving barf.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Genuine question: why is card-based gameplay such a turn-off for so many people? Is it the looming threat of microtransactions and pay-to-win design?

For me, it's all to do with player agency. If I make a stupid choice and the game punishes me for it, fair cop. When my choices are artificially limited to begin with, I lose interest. I play video games to have the freedom and control that I might lack elsewhere in life, so being restricted to a few actions decided by RNG is a layer of bullshit I don't need in my entertainment.

As has been said, Marvel X-com is a perfectly solid concept. Why can't we just have that?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, Sean Connery's was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Sadly, not quite true. It got even worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a20oRLJ4v4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Apparently the plot is about a dystopia where the villains of old took over and have been taking out anyone who shows up with powers apart from them. So I'm hoping part of the progression is your characters realising they need to start wearing costumes in the style of the old heroes or something. Otherwise yeah if they remain that drab through the whole game, it will be a bit of a bummer.

Oh god, I'd hope so. The far more likely option, however, is that this is a gritty, serious story for adults, not like your baby comic stories, because god forbid anyone have fun with comic book heroes.