Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m just still mad they had the plot be about that stupid diamond instead of Cassandra being a human murder machine. Though, I guess that kind of plot has been done to death in movies since her character was initially introduced in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

There’s a Batgirls story coming up in Batman. Urban Legends that looks amazing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That first Walking Dead game gripped me something fierce.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The throwback costume pack will be nice.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'm willing to check out Marvel: Chain of Memories.

Marvel: Battle Network.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

One Piece’s Pirate Warriors is a lot of fun. All the characters and their strange powers give a lot of variety to a normally repetitive gameplay loop.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-Men Legends was one of the few times I remember using the PlayStations multi tap or whatever it was called, and it was a great time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Night Thrasher’s Pro Skater.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The combat sounds like that last South Park RPG, but also with a card element. Might give it a shot if the reviews are good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m kind of warming up to the card game idea. Like, I was going to have to try a game with Magik and the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider regardless, but this might actually be fun.

Definitely going to wait until after the release day reviews, but the rpg elements have me intrigued. Plus, you get a pet hellhound.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I just want to be best friends with Magik. Ghost Rider can hang out too, and we can ride three deep in the Hellcharger.

I’ve really turned around on the card game mechanics. I can see myself wanting to make great decks for each character.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

If Damian or Cassandra were in it I’d consider getting the game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wasn't planning on getting Gotham Knights, but the deluxe edition is tempting me to play as a Jim Lee costumed Batgirl with a Zur-En-Arrh color scheme.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My friend is upset because Jason isn’t sexy enough.

We’ll have to set up a support group for goons that can’t help themselves and bought the game. Being able to patrol Gotham with friends is what’s going to save it from not being an Arkham game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Never buy any game pre-release. This approach has served me well and saved me a lot money over the years.

Gotta get that light up keychain. Mostly I’m just really bored, and want to get some gaming in before I start my new job.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My PSN id is MoldyMilkJug if anyone wants to play this weekend.

I’m looking forward to see other peoples bat characters, and busting heads together.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

So are all of you playing pirated versions or broken street date physical?

They knocked it down from the 25th to the 21st a while ago. Possibly after Midnight Suns got delayed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I know the deluxe edition probably isn’t worth the extra $20, but I’m having a lot of fun with the extra clothing options. Mostly the Bat kids of Zur-En-Arrh, or arctic attack Nightwing.

The online quick play option is also a lot of fun to just jump into someone’s game and tag along for a little bit, busting heads, and solving crimes.

It’s not an amazing game, but I’m firmly in the niche this game is made for, so I’m having a great time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Babs is definitely my favorite. Lot of strategic hacking skills to add flavor to a solid brawler.

I’m surprised how much I’ve been enjoying Red Hood. Shooting and grabbing is the name of his game, but he also hits like a truck.

Nightwing I’m still working on, but seems like he’ll be a lot of fun after I upgrade his nest ability, and get better at maneuvering around the battlefield.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Batgirl is also a pretty good stealth partner because she can overload her partner, shock enemy gear, and blow up electrical panels.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How's the new bike skin look? I haven't opened my book yet to get the code. Been taking a break for a day or two after binging the game hard.

The co-op is such a fun little time waster.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’ve spent so much time jumping into other peoples games to fight crimes, I didn’t really notice that the game is fairly short.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Started with Batgirl, then I occasionally played Red Hood. Nightwing didn’t really click with me until higher levels, but he might be my favorite at this point, especially in co op.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Magik and Spider-Man are going to be my best friends. Going to go full 80’s with the New Mutants and Symbiote suits.

They also announced the last playable hero during a livestream yesterday. …Hulk…

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Thanks for making me skim those reviews to see which one says the writing is terrible. Turns out it’s none of them.

I’m surprised how completely I’ve turned around on this game. Been working a lot of overtime, so I might go for the Legendary Edition, so I can play dress up with my super people.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Binged for five hours last night. As a huge Marvel nerd, the social aspect is amazing. Magik is too cool for me, but she’s my friend anyways. Nico is fun to talk to, but I don’t see myself going on missions with her. And I’m a bit surprised how well I’ve been getting along with Captain Marvel.

It’s been fun chipping away at Blade’s hard rear end exterior. Ghost Rider is a bit of a dork. Strange and Iron Man I’ve been interacting the least with, lest their terminal hubris rub off on me.

Next mission involves picking up Spider—Man. Excited to see how that goes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Blade is suspicious that the birds aren't real.

Nico is worried Magik will call you a boomer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I thought it was fun, but Pokemon and Midnight Suns just crushed any desire to play it past the end of the main story.

The multiplayer was a great addition. Hopefully the half off sale brings more people to the game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Midnight Suns just didn’t look very appealing. It’s a really good game, but I was worried I might regret buying it up until I actually started playing it. I took a chance on Magik, and she didn’t let me down.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Cap’s alternate costumes suck so bad. He’s the one character I leave as is.

Symbiote Spider-Man and X-Force Wolverine were the only ones I really cared about.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How many companies lost their rear end thinking that Fortnite changed the gaming landscape instead of it being the exception, not the rule? I did have a little hope for Rumbleverse though.

How’s Overwatch 2 doing?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

At best, people paid money for a game they can no longer play for almost a year.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The DLC characters have all been pretty great so far. Eddie Brock has some surprisingly deep character development, and Peter tries really hard to be his friend and help him out. Eddie can’t help but fall for conspiracy theories.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That’s why I like teaming with Venom and Hulk.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They probably knew they needed to cast a wide net if they had access to Marvel’s entire catalogue. Some of the best stuff is Spidey wanting to be in the spooky club, and Captains Marvel and America being in a book club with Blade and Wolverine. Iron Man and Doctor Strange arguing is kind of par for the course, but always works well.

The Midnight Suns butting heads with the Avengers was pretty well done, and I think gave them a sense of legitimacy that they proved themselves standing next to the established franchise.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Can't imagine anyone choosing otherwise.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

AEW Fight Forever is tossing its hat in the ring too

Besides whatever problems they’re supposedly having with the ratings board, it’s kind of refreshing that they’re not trying to rush the game out. There’s no suit trying to shove it out the door unfinished to meet a deadline.

Whenever it comes out, I look forward to buying my first wrestling game since the PS1.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Sweeney Boo (current artist on Harley Quinn) apparently designed the Red Specter suit for Miles.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Red Hood doesn’t kill now that he’s integrated back into the Bat family.

The Cassandra Cain being an illiterate, mute, karate master got walked back pretty quickly in her initial run because it was pointed out it’s a bit of a racist trope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I can't find the source, but I think the psychic thing came from Kelly Puckett being called out by an Asian friend, so they fast tracked her learning how to understand language normally.