Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. its pretty solid but id wait until its cheaper which will probably be like 3 months. its sad because its fun and snappy and the story is fun and its thankfully less edgy then i have seen people say. i think outside the GAAS bullshit which mostly effects the mission designs(they are meh) the biggest issue i see is that its in the arkhamverse. so the batman alot people love because they grew up with the series, get to see that batman become a psycho monster and then shot in the head i think that rubs people the wrong way. I am mixed on it. one one hand, it kinda "ruins" some of the old games, but on the other, i sorta admire the balls to actually do it and go through with it. usually in those stories, its batman who is the one that dodges the brainwashing. but nope. i do think its one of my favorite kevin conroy games though and he was clearly having fun with it.

anyway. i wanted to like gotham knights so much but it just sucked, it felt like late 360 game alot of the time and it just did nothing with any of its ideas.

I'm pretty sure the Arkhamverse thing is the main reason people are so mad about it. I mean, I suppose there's the Kevin Conroy thing, but every actor has a last role eventually and few get to leave on a high note. People are just emotionally invested in this particular Batman since they literally walked in his shoes boots for 3 games. It's basically the anger/controversy over the part of The Last Of Us 2 when Joel dies all over again... but this time with super-people.

I mean don't get me wrong, there'd still be people mad about the story, because no story's perfect and no video game's ever gonna please everyone, but the rage would be drastically lower if they didn't tie it in to those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Skyrim has so many mods at this point I'm sure there's one that turns you into a Suicide Squad member and lets you kill giant Supermen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Free to play/mobile service games are cheaper to make than a big console game is their takeaway

Well they're not wrong, it's just a bad idea and I hate it...

I sure do love when executives learn the wrong lessons from a failure :shepface:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 17, 2024

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Also Bucky is a child soldier.

I mean, he doesn't have to be. And by far right now the most popular mainstream version of Bucky is the one who wasn't. That said, yeah makes sense to put Gabe in.

Though I'll admit if there's a howling commando in I'm disappointed it's not Fury.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm willing to see what this game actually ends up being, but if they make us play as some dude I hope they learn the lesson that Spider-Man 2 did and give him some comically overpowered gimmick to offset how otherwise boring it's likely to be running around as a dude after running around as a super soldier and a super king

He has a gun and Cap and BP don't, case closed.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 21, 2024

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

They did a Ultimate Alliance 5 years ago

jesus christ 5 years ago?

And somehow still didn't make it as good as a PS2 game from 2006

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Legends isn't my favorite but I do love the one mission in the Astral Plane where all you can use are Emma, Jean, and a massively overleveled Prof X.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ugh I'm sure F2P or not the possibility of getting to play as SP//DR & Peni is gonna get me to play this and my sucker rear end will end up buying way too many microtransactions

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well I'm glad they didn't just get someone doing a bad Mark Hamill impression but also that's a very bad Joker.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the suit and the Tumbler being the particular Batmobile there it like it might have been some tie-in game to the Nolan movies?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

drat that didn't take long

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Midniter posted:

Probably a brigade of misogynerds saying something to the effect "well in this comic from 1988 she made out with [xyz] character and also her boobs should be bigger, why aren't her boobs bigger". Jake probably deleted the thread in disgust, and rightfully so.

And/or Marvel sent a very nice email saying "hey how about you don't start a flame war over our character thank you very much."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Little problem with that is if some gamer fucks around and kills everyone on purpose eventually you run out of actual DC characters to put in.

Then you restart the game and git gud.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Still patiently waiting for my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction remake/sequel god dammit.

Also, a cool Daredevil game.

Or any Daredevil game.

I feel like the problem with a potential DD game is that now that Arkham and Insomniac Spider-Man have done the whole combat thing, and DD's only power would basically be Detective Mode, what would he do to differentiate himself from those games/heroes? Insert Ace Attorney cases at various points? Completely redesign combat system?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean...having a Daredevil game be half Ace Attorney and half action would probably gently caress actually so yeah

Oh, make no mistake, I would be totally down but good luck on getting a major studio to make it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Maybe you can do something like sloppily deliver pizzas for a very fake Italian sounding man. Surely that hasn't been done before

Or take pictures at very specific points in the city, perhaps at token-like destination points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

I would simply instantly win the Peter Parker game by ignoring them and actually getting to that date with mj on time for once

Then you have Peter's guilt complex in the form of Uncle Ben's ghost hound you for the whole post-game