Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like the presence of comedy also mitigates a lot of the complaints with the format of Telltale games. Like, if a certain decision doesn't affect the plot one way or the other, but leads to a really funny joke (blow his mind), it's fine, because you got a really funny joke out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I promise a section where you're controlling Groot in a tense conversation situation and all 4 options are...a) I AM GROOT or b) normal but he still says I AM GROOT

And then the little message at the top says [!] I am Groot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Actually, a good number of non-union VAs are also respecting the strike and not doing work with the blacklisted devs. No one wants to be a scab.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Please let Mark stop doing Joker.

I don't think he's in Telltale, but it's just a general Joker peeve.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Telltale releases the first images from their Guardians of the Galaxy series.

These visuals are a definite improvement for Telltale fare. Now I just need to know if the Tales from the Borderlands writers are on it so I know whether to give them all my money day 1.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Telltale please just tell me if the Tales from the Borderlands writers are on this it's ALL I NEED TO KNOW.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

In other news, during a livestream the other day a Marvel executive on the game side claimed that the PS4 Spider-Man game is going to come out this year. I'm still doubtful seeing as the only thing they've shown for it was a short E3 trailer from last year.

Insomniac has since confirmed that there is no release window set yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

I really wish it'd come out for the XBone as well.

I'm sure that the Sony-published game will come out for the rival system.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Who are the writers? Does it share any with Borderlands?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The fact that it shares any bodes well. I'll wait until episode 2 to see. Ever since Borderlands, I've wanted Telltale to do comedy more since I think they're really good at it and it's a shame they've only really done one since switching to their modern model.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SBCG4AP is legit one of the funniest games ever made.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't feel like Jason was a spoiler, because it was the most predictable thing in the world.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, what really messed things up is that Asylum clearly takes place in an "established" universe, specifically one that was heavily based on BTAS but incorporated some comic book stuff as well, because they correctly identified that that's much more fun and conducive to a game about the inmates running the asylum than giving a bunch of villains' origins, but then City and obviously Origins decided they wanted some of that sweet sweet "first appearance of" cheddar and completely hosed things up.

Origins should have been set further in the past, because ol' Bruce goes through three Robins and a Batgirl in the course of 10 years and that's not a good look.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tune in to the CW for the new sitcom Three Robins and a Batgirl, Tuesdays at 8.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363291

Here's a roundup on info regarding characters considered for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I swear to god if I can't main Squirrel Girl/Phoenix Wright in Infinite, I will smack Capcom.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure the person typing it out just fell under the misassumption that Ms. is an abbreviation for Miss, much like Mr. is short for Mister.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/856884759074545664

September 19

Ultron
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Rocket
Chun-Li
Strider
Chris Redfield

Mostly veterans aside from Ultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 25, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The story feels comic books in all the right ways, as opposed to something like Arkham Knight, which is comic books in all the worst ways.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, now that MvCI has a legit story mode with legit cutscenes, I want Phoenix Wright to return now more than ever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Wow, really digging deep in the roster of characters.

Though that's the only real problem I see.

Like I said, every character that's been announced bar X, Sigma, Ultron, and Carol are returning characters from Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Deathmatch between Injustice 2 Joker and DCEU Joker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Everybody dies and comes back in comics.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's an alarming lack of Squirrel Girl on this list 🤔

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Like Zatanna could say tihs ruoy stnap and a human could probably last longer without voiding their bowels than supes

Aw, dammit dude! I'm at work! Geez, Perry's gonna kill me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Phoenix Wright/Squirrel Girl main remains in my heart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You have no earthly idea how much I want MCU Nova to be John C. Reilly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Calendar Man. He has special move sets if you play on holidays.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PS4 Spider-Man is Miles!

E: Never mind, it's Peter. Miles is just in the game.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 13, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MrBisonopolis/status/874455406906683392

Capcom.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh sure, Red Hood is where it starts. Pretty soon, you'll be maining Deadpool in Marvel 3, and then where will you be?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, DBZ is technically a comic book video game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't care how much Capcom sucks, you can pry Ace Attorney from my cold dead hands.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

An interview with some devs on MvC:I, where they discuss such subjects as

"What's up with Chun-Li's faaaaaaace?"

quote:

Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. [Said jokingly] Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man. We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that.

[Michael's quote, "I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting," was said in jest, which doesn't quite carry through into a written transcript.]

"What about the X-Men?"

quote:

Then the third one is obviously the popularity of these characters. X was one we had to get in there. A lot of fans wanted to see X, so we brought him back. Then also we talked with Marvel very closely about their future roadmap, about what's gonna be happening. Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.

(Translation: We can't just out and say that Marvel doesn't want us to push mutants so we have to pretend that people don't know who the X-Men are.)

"Hey, how about Skullomania?"

quote:

Peter Rosas: It just baffles me to this day. Why does anybody like that dude?

(loving plebeian)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

The thing is the X-Men have re-appeared in the MOBA game Future Fight. And it looks like they'll appear in Avengers Academy.

I think that Marvel are slowly starting to allow the X-Men back into some of their multi platform media. On that basis you could probably come up with a better line for why they aren't in Marvel vs Capcom. (That the time isn't right for them, or at the start of the development cycle they weren't a priority. But now might be.)

You could even just say "Marvel wants to focus more on heroes appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently Telltale has also announced a season 2 of The Wolf Among Us. Which is pretty weird seeing as its been a while since the first game.

It's also double weird since like the day before, they said that they had no plans to continue TWAU anytime soon.

But hey, if they have the same writers, I don't mind. TWAU ruled.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/893313051293822976

Nope, sorry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

The photo in the tweet with calling him John Doe and not saying who the rivalry is with is exactly why it's so loving stupid.

I think they were saying that because Batman doesn't know who the guy is in the game, being his early adventures, so he goes by John Doe for most of it. They're assuming you'll get it's Joker by context.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Telltale confirmed that Guardians and Batman would be heading to Switch, so if you want to remember this on the go, there ya are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently the game itself is not bad, aside from the underwhelming roster and it being generally ugly as sin.

The choice to focus on MCU characters makes business sense seeing as the MCU is the face of Marvel now, but it's disappointing since so many cool characters have been introduced or given new life in the comics since 3.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 19, 2017