Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

I hope Shocker is back in this game. I think Yuri needs to tell him whether or not Shocker can escape him, and where he'd chase him to.

The funny thing is that Shocker should wreck Black Suit Spidey. Vibrations are one of the black suits big weaknesses. This did not happen in the cartoon cause they thought Shocker's blasts were electric, and not vibration based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Forgot the entire premise of Suicide Squad once and was wondering 'Why the hell is Captain Boomerang on the team instead of Mr. Freeze?'

Well Captain Boomerang has better tech than Freeze.

But lets say I were Waller and had to pick an Ice villain, Mr. Freeze would still be once of my last choices. Captain Cold would be my first, and Killer Frost my second.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The biggest thing about Captain Cold is that he far more powerful than Freeze and doesn't kill people without a pretty good reason.

His gun manipulates absolute zero, and at the default setting puts people into temporary stasis with the ice just being a side effect of the intense cold it creates. In several settings it auto freezes things around him and slows stuff down. He's able to reliably tag Flash cause Flash gets slower when near him. He can of course make his gun lethal, but he's not a fan of doing so.

Cold is also very professional, which is a thing I would like in an agent. Once got annoyed someone compared him to Freeze cause Freeze's gun shoots snow and ice, while his creates Cold.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at the weapons having sets based on heroes and villains because you are scavenging from their equipment that was left behind when they died.

Man I don't like that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Air Skwirl posted:

It's not completely without precedent.

I think Ultimate Hawkeye also used a gun, but that character was basically Bullseye if he wasn't a psychopathic serial killer.

I vaguely recall that Ult Hawkeye pretty much became a psychopathic killer anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Hootington posted:

The penguin is in the game. You capture him and make him your arms dealer. Your support team consists of penguin, Hiro Okamura Toyman, Gizmo, Flagg, Waller, new character named Hacker whobisbjust thinker but a black lady, and an enslaved child Poison Ivy.

Wouldn't Calculator have made more sense than making a new character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Golden Bee posted:

This is the perspective of a paid assassin regarding someone who kicked his rear end, sent him to prison, then made a hologram for children about kicking his rear end. Floyd is projecting his frustration of America’s racism onto a black guy who is accepted uncritically (mostly for kicking his rear end). I think that’s good writing. It’s not a Top Dog/Under Dog or Fences, but people are treating it as if rocksteady wrote it from a neutral perspective.

It doesn’t seem in character for Deadshot.

Deadshot is an rear end in a top hat who became an assassin for the thrills. He’s not someone I would ever associate with giving a poo poo about America Racism. (Though he’s also weird cause Rocksteady decided to retcon him despite him showing up in two previous games as a different character)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Golden Bee posted:

KTJL Deadshot says that’s a fake Deadshot.

Which is a dumb retcon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just learned that the final battle you don't even fight Brainiac properly, he just turns into Flash and fights you with all of Flashes moves with extra hazards from the stage.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

And you can look foward to doing that 12 more times

Well I am not, I didn't get the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears that Suicide Squad has killed WB console games.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/warner-bros-discusses-volatile-aaa-console-games-will-lean-into-free-to-play-and-mobile/1100-6521597/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
good game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It looks nice, I can hope it’s good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Loki looks interesting in the Rivals thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RakBPnXNGhc

Air Skwirl posted:

It drove me kinda nuts during the Marvel comic event Civil War, the people tasked with taking down superheroes who disagreed with the registration act were called "Cape Killers," since barely any Marvel heroes and especially not the most well known actually wear capes.

Capes are more a Marvel villain thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyone here lucky enough to have gotten into Marvel Rivals.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Endless Mike posted:

Da fuq is that

Here some gameplay.

Edit: changed to better gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSQ3ZWbiu2o

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 13, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

site posted:

That...doesn't look fun at all?

Well it's easy bots with a not good player, I just put out the first thing I found without Commentary.

Here is some gameplay with actual people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2z5MEyeQA

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 13, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

It's extremely good if you got an early access code and are contractually forbidden from saying anything bad about the game (real)

I think that got removed (and was only for streamers). It was kind of a dumb move as impressions are very positive from people that didn't even read or know about that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I could play I would be a tank cause Magneto looks fun to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah same. Though I've heard apparently she isn't very good right now, but that looks like it's the case for all melee characters.

Hela and Loki seem to be really OP. Then Dr. Strange, Wanda, Groot, Punisher, Luna, and Star-Lord. At least from what I've seen.

Looks like they will need to do some rebalancing but it looks fun and people seem to be genuinely enjoying it.

It is Alpha after all. As someone I watched said the UI and balancing will probably heavily change.