Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Are they going to have the good "main universe" heroes come back to help again, or will this just be all Injustice universe people only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ultron Sigma is wonderfully dumb.

They should just go full Amalgam universe and fuse all the characters.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how the Joker comes back in this considering the thing that began all the troubles in the Injustice universe was Superman putting his fist through him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm bad at fighting games, so I only know bits and pieces of the story. But isn't alternate universes a plot point? Should be easy to throw anyone in.

The whole story of the first game was about Injustice Batman pulling over all the heroes from the good universe to fix things So it's totally possible, but from what little I've seen of this one so far, they seem to be keeping mostly to their own universe.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's a shame they couldn't just let the Joker stay dead. They let everyone else they killed in the first game stay that way.

Why couldn't they have brought back Luthor or Captain Marvel? Okay I know why, because the Joker is one of the most popular DC characters ever, but those other two really deserve to be happy :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The only alternate universe stuff in this one is Dr. Fate bringing Canary back. Nobody with that kind of power would want Joker back.

"Good news Batman, I brought back Canary, unfortunately it may have taken me a few tries to get the right person."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't believe they're putting Nick Spencer in the game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is Booster Gold still alive in the Injustice world? Bring him in.

Plastic Man too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Why do they keep using the bad version of Rad Spencer?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

ComboFiend, a ex-pro FGC dude who now works for capcom likes him

But they can just use the classic Rad look and give him the same moveset. Pretty sure one of his DLC outfits in MVC3 was the classic look even!

Unless he just really liked dreadlocked, dead wife armed Rad Spencer.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

The X-Men DLC pack will consist solely of All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan

Would you want their movesets to just be the same as they were in MVC3 (when they were X-23 and Wolverine) or would you want them both to have new, unique ones.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

"We have plans for future games in the Arkhamverse." *kills every character*

It's so weird that this is supposed to be a direct follow-up to the Arkham games. Though considering that this has multiverse shenanigans, and they're apparently bringing the Joker back to be a playable character eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to bring all the heroes back down the line. Of course, that would require this game to be successful enough to justify future updates to get to that point, and I'm not all that optimistic of that happening.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

One of the early big leaks said time travel and Flashpoint poo poo was supposed to happen to reset the earth to before Brainiac shows up because you find out you have lost. the leak that said that is about 2/3rds right so I wonder if some rewrites happened.

Well, if this is supposed to be an ongoing GAAS game, then you can't really have an ending like that since it would seemingly undo the entire threat and setting itself.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

So there is a story beat about how brainiac has changed the league's genetics so they regenerate or they could be clones. the game makes it ambiguous supposedly. one clue is Flash grows back his fingers.

That doesn't really do anything for all the other heroes that Braniac didn't capture that die, like Wonder Woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I have no doubt that they have a plan to bring the heroes back eventually, I just kind of doubt this game will survive long enough to get to that plot point.