Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Xavier Woods and the New Day bring Firestorm to Injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363291

Here's a roundup on info regarding characters considered for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

quote:

• Cloak & Dagger: They're visually interesting and sure leave an impact, and it's even more cool because they kind of feel like a Stand User and Stand from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! But, the backside of that is that with such an action-packed game, including assists, it'd get too hectic with them. And an actual quote was "The game won't be able to support 2 characters in 1 like this!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd buy a PS4 immediately for Viewtiful-man or Spider-Joe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Injustice managed to have Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl with completely separate movesets, they can do whatever.

Yeah, but NetherRealm, unlike Capcom, can make a good fighting game. Man, poo poo's changed since the 90s...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wake me up when Capcom releases a new Phoenix Wright game. That and MonHun are all they're good for. (RE7 was pretty good ill admit)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

^Is that confirmed? because i'd loving love it if the first hour was this established and gadget-powered Peter beasting on everything and then Mr. Negative made him an evil boss so you play as Miles the rest of the game with a normal growth curve and Spider-man on Spider-man boss battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE

Really dig the combat, but the swinging is not there yet. Which I understand, they both had to show webswings but also that would be one of the last bits to be properly finalized. Combat is looking amazing. My only issue is that this segment is so cinematic and tightly controlled, like a turn to the right would've crashed things, so it doesn't feel as representative of the game as i'd like. I hope it gets tuned up by the time it comes out because so far it looks like an alright spidey game but with AAA production values and a dope-rear end combat system.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 13, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Pretty disappointing by the Spider-Man gameplay demo. It really doesn't seem all that separated from the last gen of Spidey games.
Could never have guessed that I'd come away more interested in Mario/Rabbids :/

If anything the last gen of Spidey games had a better sense of speed. There were a few swings that felt rather bad because they stuck to stuff below or behind Spidey in order to keep with hitting actual things (that are off screen). Seriously hoping it's because that stuff just isn't complete yet and is almost a year and a half away because Sony presentations.

Xcom Mario looks super fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd say that ultimately, Capcom's slow release slate is bogged down by quite a bit of it being not great or downright awful. Like 2016 had Ace Attorney and a Monster Hunter RPG, but also Dead Rising 4 which apparently is mostly just mediocre, SFV which is famously panned and Umbrella Corps, an online multiplayer shooter that is very bad and also super dead by week 1.

On the whole they are not looking good, but they release at least one good game every year.

So when will Marvel Games get Arcsys to do a Marvel Disk Wars video game?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://youtu.be/oMKu9tIkYz0

!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Man I am so glad i'm waiting for the GOTY edition. I'd hate to spend the money to get all the DLC, and I totally would.

While I saw MvsC Infinite for $20 new at Xmas and didn't even think about picking it up. What a lazy cash in, they just took 3 removed the mutants and slapped a few characters in without bothering to change anything else.

They changed the lighting effects! Now it looks way uglier and much harder to distinguish characters from certain backgrounds.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Why would I want to be NOT Spider-Punk or NOT do sick guitar riffs?

Emptyquote

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Death Stranding is just Hollywood Smash Bros but it's FedEx Delivery instead of fighting game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm in the worst 1st world problem place where I am sure i'll buy the game physically tomorrow after work...

...but I could get the digital version and let the ps4 spend hte next three hours downloading and updating that behemoth and play a little bit tonight, and then play asap after work. And then I might as well get that digital deluxe version with the DLC...

But it's a bad idea and Spider-man is not worth putting out 80 dollars that can't be traded or sold or gifted.

But maybe he is.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/store/countdown-to-launch/marvels-spider-man/
There's also a PS4 giveaway going on. If you have a PSN account (or make one for free) you can enter for a chance to win the Spider-man PS4. Might be worth a shot.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 7, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Master your dodges and get the upgrade that extends witch time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Skwirl posted:

It's a bit weird, since there's Avengers tower and as far as I know zero references to the Avengers existing outside that.

I'm hoping, since they are currently working on the DLC there might be some reference to the FF. Maybe in a sequel where they help Spider-Man get rid of a certain black suit.

When you snap a pic of the tower, Peter mentions that theyre never around anymore. Then makes a west coast avengers reference.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I feel like I can no longer post in BSS because my favorite Spidey suit in the game is

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1041095892823097344

It's just so like the regular spidey suit, but so shiny and angular. It hits all the good spots in my lizard brain.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He showed up in Wreck It Ralph 2

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3. NINTENDO SWITCH EXCLUSIVE.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1070863445468139521

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I dig the art style, but hrm Team Ninja. Weary on this, but I hope it's good.

Buy a Switch, it's good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Isn't PS4 Spidey also in the new Spider-Verse event?

Yup, there's a panel where he gets to see the reality where Spider-Cop exists.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

All this needs is to reference that Miles writes fanfiction of himself and Ms Marvel as furries dating and we'll have the greatest Marvel game of all time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Crystal Dynamics is the company attached to the Avengers game for now, them being the current Tomb Raider developers. So... bot high expectations, but Ill keep an eye out for the next E3 or the one after. (Babylon Fall might be the big SE game for next year even if its by PlatinumGames)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm way more weary of the Square Avengers game now, but I'm still interested in watching the trailer at least.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, this Avengers game looks bad. All cg and no gameplay, the art style is just kinda ugly, everyone looks like Halloween store bootleg avengers, and starting the game with 4 guys and then adding more over time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Spider-man is also a PS4 exclusive. Exclusives like that get to spend more money because their job isn't to make a ton of money on their own, it's to push console sales and improve the overall image of the console. Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War are also huge money blocks like Spidey made for the prestige.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ultimate Alliance 3 is looking so much better than the Avengers thing, it's crazy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So Nintendo has a thing called the Treehouse Live at E3 where people involved with new games play with Nintendo of America and talk about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY46t_vapTM

The segment on Ultimate Alliance 3 was pretty good, and in fact they are doing another one live right now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think Miles got a Captain Universe costume in the last comic spider-verse retread

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Both of those are just a joke about the West Coast Avengers.

So you're saying there's a West Coast Taskmaster?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Both playstation and xbox have directs tomorrow afternoon, so we'll get a trailer soon.

Batman: Arkham Court

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Both playstation and xbox have directs tomorrow afternoon, so we'll get a trailer soon.

Batman: Arkham Court

Turns out both presentations had nothing.

New game by the katamari damacy guy tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just not sure how it would work. Given the whole dying thing.

DickBatt

He'd probably be better suited for the revenge system, too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Definitely goons that earn gimmicks. I want to see a Riddler henchman climb the ranks and eventually become Clockmaster.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, you gotta lure them in with the white men, then you make them stay with the focus on giant fists and feet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Arkham Beyond, make it Terry

And Terry is actually Joker's son

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This will be Batman: Arkham Court

Rocksteady's will be Batman: Arkham Universe & Justice League

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can see:

1) It's before Knight, possibly even before Asylum even. Here's Joker!
2) Reboot! Batman The Court of Owls
3) We follow Dick as Batman
4) It opens by undoing the end of Knight somehow and Batman's still well and alive.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Korra is not great but it mostly just felt anemic, which is fair for a 15 dollar game, i think.

The TMNT one is just bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Skwirl posted:

At a certain point you unlock the "saving Richard's wife and unborn child" mission.

Doing it correctly nets you an achievement, a fuckton of XP, almost infinite in-game money and unlocks four costumes.

2% of the playerbase does it while the other 98% kills invisible woman and the kid to "own Richard"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies

Yup, what Dan says. Im guessing like this is seeing what they can add with ps5, rachet is what they can do from the ground up with ps5 and piderman 2 will be bigger with lessons learned from both.