Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think launch will be fine, but yeah, better wait for the first revision, specially since I'm guessing a ton of software will end up being moved to later in 2021.

As far as cop stuff goes, Spider-man PS4 definitely felt pro-cop, like all the evil poo poo you'd attribute to cops were shifted to Norman or the Silver Sable Mercs. But with how the DLC ended, you can totally make the move to be a bit anti-cop in a weak way at least. Like not full-on Peter and Miles making ACAB with webbing, but at least having to escape from them and getting to web their guns when fighting other folk. And hopefully the first game comes to PC so we can mod it into letting you beat up cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Id enjoy the squad at 2an, surrounded by empty boxes of chinese food, trying to get lex luthor into a zoom call to ask if he can make them a kryptonite net

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I thought Agents of Mayhem was some sorta hero shooter in the Saint's Row universe

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So the two WB games are both shlooters, just that one's a regular shlooter and the other one is a fist-shlooter?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

For me its usually "*gif of relief* oh thank god, i thought [trending] died"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

Funny I just posted about the same suit in the Games thread. I guess they couldn't not do a 2020 suit.

2020 Suit

I never noticed that the Cool S was always there, rad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If you thought the Cool S suit meant their designs have peaked then check this out
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1316471465412358144?s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

They might give Peter the symbiote. Having Miles have to fight an out of control Peter would be really cool.

I legit expect this to happen in Spider-man 2.

Like in this game, they play around with the Spider-Sense on the controller itself, then gets refined more for Spider-man 2, and then when Symbiote-Spidey goes full Vergil, you have to fight without spider-sense.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1318930063178387457?s=19

All tgese suits rule

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

lol I just saw that and it got me to check the insomniac twitter for whatever else i missed

some of the cast
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1318567702483496966

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jveLi5lF0d4

:stare: i am super into this interior scene, and hnnngh it going seemlessly into the open world is so dope, and i love the switch into spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrp7mav2mQ8
Nadji talks about voicing Miles for the game, including a bit about how Yuri taught him how to move his core for web-swinging voice acting :3:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 24, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Reviews coming out, game's basically excellent. Original getting these two extra costumes

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1324690496917135361

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The sequel sidesteps it by entirely ignoring the cops, but yeah, the first game can get super awkward with the cop stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm still looking forward to playing it when it's half off on boxing day

Only do so if you have a good PC or one of the Pro consoles, otherwise best to just wait for whenever you get a next gen console. The Avengers game will run smoother, have the extra campaigns (i bet they do release hawkeye, but cancel hawkeye) and it'll probably be 10 bucks.

Insomniac also confirmed that later this month, there'll be an update to transfer your Spider-man PS4 save data into the PS5 Remaster. And that if you buy the regular edition of Miles Morales, you can purchase the original's Remaster for twenty bucks at any time. I never did NG+ on that, so I'll probably bite that bullet at some point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I'm tempted with Kate coming and I'm told that if you just do the story stuff it's fun, but I'm still kinda reluctant.

My take is that I'll wait for it to be like ten to fifteen bucks after I get a PS5. If you got base PS4 or Xbox then it's really not worth it with how bad it runs there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Has anybody here played Miles Morales on the PS4 and if so how does it run? I'm probably not gonna get a PS5 for a while but I do wanna play MM if it's good.

From what I heard, it runs as well as the original on PS4, a near-locked 30fps with minor hiccups. More detailed than the original, too. The only thing you're really missing on is some hair/fur effects, and raytracing or 60 fps.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Co-op games good, but what they've shown makes me think more like Melee Destiny than anything else, and almost nobody's doing Destiny well, specially not Destiny!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

N52 was a very troubled time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Last I saw there are no specifics on which studios are being sold off or not but I doubt they sell off Rocksteady. Their entire catalog is first party properties.

I can't find it anymore, but I swear I saw like Jeff Gertsman tweet out that they couldn't find anyone in WB Games who know how any of this would end up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What if Peter and Miles have drastically different suits and movesets.... And you can swap between them mid-combo :getin:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It was when they added 60fps and made Peter even whiter

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The nemesis system could be very neat, but this was just a CG Teaser, so who knows how many years before we see how it's actually used.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Simply make it a Dead by Daylight clone where you're like Prankster or Toy Man trying to rob a full scale Metropolis, and Superman is the "monster" who's gonna stop you as soon as he notices you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm the one crazy person who hates the GotG game and nobody shutting the gently caress up for five seconds is a big part. (the other part is them not shutting the gently caress up about nagging at me whenever i move 2 feet away from the critical path to explore, and those few but not few enough times where you just gotta rub your face against the end of the current map to find the squeeze-through) Game's pretty and fine, but not enough to overcome its flaws for me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

A few times a dialogue would get kinda lost in the mix so they'd start talking about a setpiece we did like four minutes ago after finishing about something more recent.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Also set your damage to high. Makes everything feel normal instead of fighting through HP sponges

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Would love to be proven wrong, but at this point I'm just expecting an expose on Rocksteady to drop in the next year or so revealing it was always a shithole or something. Or on the more "positive" side that WB became hell to work with in 2013ish and everyone kept leaving Rocksteady.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

That..... that already happened? There was a big thing in 2020 about how out of 200 or 300 employees only 13 or 17 (can't remember the exact numbers for either of those things but they were in those ballparks) were women and nearly all of them had suffered harassment in their roles, then some huge amount of the rest of the workforce had suffered abuse/jokes about their orientation or ethnicity or various other things and the lead writer of the suicide squad game asked for her name to be taken off the project because of the working conditions on the game.

This industry is a loving hellzone where I can't keep track of how many times this happens, gently caress. :smith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The gist is that those studios were basically operating in the black, the profit margins were single digit percentage. Not necessarily bad, but when Square's pumping hundreds of millions for those AAA games that's not what they wanna see.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1521091428574769155

Ultimately, I think Square is smart for selling because its been over a decade since they've owned those studios and IPs and nothing of note has come out of it, so better just stop trying. Square is stupid as gently caress for not being able to turn big profit out of such big studios with such iconic IPs and it's crazy how bad they managed them. Square is double stupid for going on record saying they wanna use the money of the sale for NFT poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In general I doubt we'll see huge Japanese companies getting bought out by Sony or Microsoft, just mainly because they own so much poo poo outside of gaming. Bamco and Square have comic publishing, anime studios, probably gyms like Konami, their own toy factories, etc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait for that trailer tomorrow because in my head this game's a Destiny style game but with melee combat from the batfamily, and I would really, really like that not to be the case. Don't want DC's take on Avengers by Crystal Dynamics.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, I'd assume they just don't wanna keep doing the same combat when the last time it was used was seven years ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I will admit, Dick getting the Techno-BOTW-Glider from Horizon 2 and Jason getting INFINITE SOUL JUMPS is sending me. That's a lot cooler and goofier than I expected.

e: looks fine-ish. It sure is another open world like City and Knight but this time with raidable co-op missions. Combat looks pretty clunky and slow, there's so many times when Dick hitting nothing or backflipping 3 times before he can do the next animation. But they are trying to make 4 distinct characters that can be played for the entire game, so that's a headache to develop. If it's like late 2023 it might be good, but i really doubt I'll get it.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 10, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh this is out in five months

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1524020261800005632?t=Lq1LMhZ0vJThI_4orHzXVg&s=19

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Who among us hasn't soul farted and use the soul farts as a platform to double jump?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

So will anyone swing or is the classic Batman & Robin rope /grappling hook lame now?

And in regards to Dick, I meant the other kind of swing.

We see some grappling hook action, seems like if you're near a grapplinghookable ledge a white circle pops up so you can press the button to go there and gain more momentum.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It'll be like a trailer where there's a frame that has like "Batman (Bruce Wayne)" as an option to who you can equip the purple epic gear.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dang, I think the exact opposite and loved all the tweaks to combat. Felt like a far better take than the original that really let you tear into enemies.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Is anybody really jazzed for this new Arkham game?

Both studios lost me with Knight, and now its been 7 years since they put out anything. Suicide Squad and/or Gotham Knights need to be excellent for me to care again, but it's not looking likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Modders working around the clock to get the webswinging dick jiggle physics right