Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Miles: zyuranger, zyURANGER, DENSETSU NO SENSHI TACHI WO ZYURANGER ZYURANGEEEER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd be ok with those lavish special editions if they sent you the code to preload the game like a week before launch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The major difference is that the MegaMan X thing ran for many years and got a ton of content before doing that. I think suicide squad will get 3 updates, then they'll announce end of online service 2 years later. At least it won't get delisted like the Square Enix published avengers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I only now stepped into the foundation. I'm like level 19 almost 8 hours in filling out the shared skill tree because of how stupid wide combat options are lol. I love it.

Oh man this mission gives tutorials lmao

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 23, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

I think it just means the deluxe edition comes with the first season’s season pass

Probably, but nonetheless the term "1 BattlePass Token*" is very scary

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

blade in Paris, no less

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently the Blade game started development after the acquisition, so it's probably at least 3 years off. That's probably why they didn't announce platforms, but it'd be funny if Disney only gave them the license if they make it multiplat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Spiders-Men isn't multiplat so I wouldn't be surprised if Blade wasn't

That sold 5 million in a month, we're not sure at this time if there's 5 million xbox series x in consumers hands

console warrior rhetoric aside, yeah i'm like 90% sure that the only reason platforms aren't announced is that there's a chance development slips and it ends up on the next gen xbox thing instead (and PC)

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 8, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

of course it's not arkham canon, batman is right there.

seems kinda dumb and bad, but like, it's just being a funny suicide squad game. Something that won't really move many units and the response by those who did play it is that it's fine.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Looks like codependent poster is the one who's right,
https://www.suicidesquadgame.com/en-us/faq

quote:

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original, narrative-driven experience that picks up the story five years after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. Players who are familiar with the Batman: Arkham series will see some related narrative elements pop up in the game.

so now i kinda get the reaction

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Insomniac has a major hack a short while back, hackers asked for a few millions not to doxx every employee and poo poo. No money so now there's 1.7 terrabytes of confidential data out there, including their current plans for the next eight years (I'm a dumb hypocrite and am reading a reddit post with imgur links to the slides, including the terms to their wolverine license)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Boy those Insomniac leaks are something. More exclusive PS games and that Wolverine plot sounds pretty bad.

they're owned by PS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

IGN has a hands-on preview of Suicide Squad, but this screenshot tells me everyting I need

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1744757003829068031

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sonic Heroes but Knuckles goes "hey, Sonic, these new shoe laces do +12% cool down reduction on homing attacks against aquatic based badnicks under direct sunlight, better use it or lose it!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Oh, nice! I can talk about the game now.

Playing as Deadshot felt like playing a poor man's *Anthem*. All the other characters were less fun than that.

Come on hahahahahahah that's the most depressing thing ever

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I saw someone breaking down teh mechanics involved about how much that thing sucks poo poo
-it freezes enemies faster and for longer, which increases the fall and fire damage it takes
-Frozen enemies take way less melee damage, don't take critical hits and will not spawn ammo while frozen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And he would've morbed away with it if it weren't for you meddling goons

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Midnight Sun's director has been enjoying the newfound praise and sales the game's been having
https://twitter.com/SolomonJake/status/1746919835567612394

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749498587199762768
get the season pass so you can enjoy the thrill of fighting superman again but this time he's purple

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I was thinking that, but it did get a 10 month delay like little over 4 weeks from launch last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of that season pass content is finished since the game doesn't look much different to how it was befor ethe delay.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

I know I'm hardly the first person to say this, but SS:KtJL really does seem like the most obviously DOA that any AAA game release has been in a while. Hope Rocksteady survives this without too many layoffs and goes back to making single-player games.

I think Immortals of Aveum is estimated to have done 30,000 sales, so SS can at least know there's no way it'll crater that horribly. But yeah this is death.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

There was a digital deluxe trailer released today and the comments on YouTube are how great the game looks or how the person wasn't sure "until the trailer came out". Lots of people seem to be preordering just because you can wear the JL suits. I think a lot of people are preordering this unfortunately.

There are some who will get the game on the 30th of January, apparently.

Oh. You can have weapon charms now.

Still looks like rear end though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91yZBxO-6E

to me all comment sections are where the dead internet theory shines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Rocksteady kills Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League

Warner Brothers kills Rocksteady kills Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

These bios are the only big that's plain good tbh. They're all pretty clever insights at how they cope with the heroes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd be down for seeing superman's model doing the Skyrim dragons animations

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They probably have the advertised seasons in the can already and are ready to fire most of the staff during the last season and keep enough folk to push the last updates on their way out

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In an ideal world i could see myself playing like eight to ten hours of a multiplayer co-op Spider-man 2 thing. The combat's good enough for me to waste some time on it between big releases.

In a real world it'd be at least 50 dollars to buy and then the 60 a year to pay rent on the console so they let you play online. And with constant updates it'd eat up the dev cycle of two real games while the numbers keep going down, as these live service games do.

So, I'm glad it's canned and they didn't do any work on it (trailer looks fun but it's all precanned stuff and jpgs)

That Spider-Gwen design is baller AF tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wonder if Ed Boon is getting ready to make another new studio, like WB Games announces a closure and somehow 5 minutes later he gets Lethal Vattles Studios going

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am unreasonably upset at that title. You play as Captain America and Black panther loving put them in the title so people know that!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh, I just assume the secondary characters will be non-playable sidekicks for each hero to provide exposition, make it so your character doesn't just talk to himself the whole time, get you some extra healing, sneak ahead so you have an in-universe reason for huge GO HERE hud signs, and then in the final chapters it has like a captain america chapter with black panther as the second, and the very last one is BP with CA as the second.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Marvelwatch actually looks kinda good, huh!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Luna Snow isn't as hot as Mai Overwatch, that's the only real flaw I can see from the trailer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm willing to give it a shot. All I know about NetEase is that they're another mobile game mogul who is beefing up making studios for real games and may or may not end up being one of the major players in the industry like 3 years from now. So I assume the game will be free to hop in and mess around with but will be trying to claw out your money at every chance.

The base designs all look pretty neat, so at least it's not like some recent F2P big guys that make everyone look like poo poo but you can pay 40 bucks to buy a bad render of a cool classic costume.

Going in from the leaks from yesterday I was scared it'd be like suicide squad where it's boring how everyone just shoots gun, but seeing hte gameplay the movement looks fun and hectic, and everyone uses ranged options that make sense to their characters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

Midnight Suns Ultimate Edition is on sale for 25 bucks on Playstation. Comes with all of the dlc AND all of the costumes from the MTX store, it’s a very good deal if you haven’t yet played it. The season pass itself is normally 50 dang bucks.

The base game is included on the middle tier of PS+, if that’s more your speed. Anyway, play this game!!!

poo poo, 25 with the dlc is amazing. Idk when I'll play but ill finally buy it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh on that Batman game it was going to be a tie-in to the movies, there was a deep dive research video on it 4 years ago (CW: british)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0lRkQd9skU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd try to have like a pool of 25 dc villains, and then a CAC system.
Your actual team in missions is like 6 so in an ideal run you got 5 of your faves and you, but realistically you end up with loving Riddler and Deadshot still alive and the other 4 slots are procedurally generated CACs you recruited. Gotta contend that Riddler is dead weight but Master Magenta with his thighs that don't quite fit the rest of the model survived enough missions to be your strongest unit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah I doubt I'll ever try it but I'm glad it's looking fun. Friend of mine said she had a blast and didn't sign any contracts that would restrict her from saying negative stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

Ok, but I think it goes without saying in a game that side missions / mini-games aren't usually made just for shits & giggles. I'm saying we could all think of fun Peter Parker gameplay styled differently than the main story action but it just automatically starts from a worse position if the main action is interrupted for you to be forced into it before continuing.

I think of like Business Dimension minigames in Like A Dragon, or the Chocobo Kart and Yugioh campaigns in Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. After a big segment when the story is very clearly slowing down you start the first bit of a Peter Parker story/minigame, it either just shows you it exists or forces you to engage with it for ten minutes so you get the taste if you wanna keep going.

"Hydro-man should be laying low for a while, won't be able to do much, maybe I'll swing by The Bugle tomorrow see if Robbie has any leads of strange water behavior... Electro's Empanadas Emporium!? needs a social media manager... able to take "bomb-rear end food pictures and make them do big numbers on myspace"... that can't be right, maybe I should investigate that. No way he let's Spider-man try out his food."