Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's like an Onion article come to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just finished Spider-Man, and also platinumed it. I think it’s probably my favorite game of the year, just barely edging out God of War.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

People who plan those kind of public, high pressure proposals deserve what they get when it backfires.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I guess they could announce it at The Game Awards.

Remember those?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oh man, I love how comic booky it looks. I'm hyped.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You guys are dangerously close to the monkey paw curling a finger and putting loot boxes into this game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

At least now I don't have to worry about my friends buying it for another console and being unable to play with them.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/Wombat973/status/1128206413988282368

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Square has a bit of track record with not acknowledging games they announced years ago until they're actually close to completion.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Square only published Deus Ex, so I don't know know what that would have anything to do with Avengers.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nipponophile posted:

Deus Ex was developed by Eidos, who are owned by Square Enix.

Yes Square publishes their games, but Square themselves did not develop the game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nipponophile posted:

Are you trying to argue that the company which owns a studio has no input or influence on their development process?

No, just that the developers working on Avengers might not even be the same ones as the ones who work on Deus Ex since they own multiple studios.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was playing Ultimate Alliance 1 and there's a side quest where you have to choose between two hackers, one of which is named CB Cebulski and is the correct option because he's totally trustworthy and would never sell out his friends

:v:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oh, I know, it's just funny to have a whole side quest about how great CB Cebulski is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe WB Montreal working on this means that Rocksteady is working on that rumored Superman game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe this means Rocksteady is making a game that won't be bad?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The only good thing about the Batmobile in Knight was the ridiculous justification they gave for why hitting people with it doesn't kill them.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Arkham combat system just wasn't made for a one on one boss fight, but they sure did try with Origins.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

I mean the Mr. Freeze fight is the best fight in the series, it's just pretty much impossible to make that lightning strike twice

That uses the stealth though, not the freeflow combat.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kamala trailer for Avengers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDDOg5d-UQQ

A bit more interested in this now

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It was really weird finding out that DC Universe Online is still being supported enough that it's doing its own version of Dark Knights Metal

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRW7cClTMmk

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

They had a Red Hood mission pack or something as a pre-order bonus.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's fine for the first playthrough but the loot just ends up breaking the balance.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm planning to just trade my PS4 Pro in since it's backwards compatible anyway.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe giving a shark man a minigun is a turnoff instead of a selling point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SardonicTyrant posted:

I am but a simple man who only yearns to pick things up with my super shark strength and then throw them at mooks.

And also maybe eat someone.

What if I told you that you can do that and shoot a minigun.