Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
does the training room have a max level because upgrading cards gives training xp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
While I do not like the Jokerification of Harley, I'mtoo invested in antihero harley from other media, I do gotta say I dig her costume in that hospital mission.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I beat Gotham Knights with Babs, that was a cute story. Aside from the thing with Harley, I had no problems with the game. The loot system can be a bit annoying if you forget to upgrade after patrolling in the early game. Enemies will go from being taken out in three or four hits to needing dozens and not even falling to your skills, but upgrading to level appropriate gear puts things back to normal. Gonna try another run as Jason.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually fine with all the side quests in both GK and MS, because they're entierly optional. I took a bit over 30 nights on my first pass of Gotham Knights because I would just go out and clear all the premeditated crimes, all the pop up crimes, run out of health packs and head back to the belfrey. Once I hit 30 and realized I wasn't getting levels anymore, I beelined the story and finished quick. With Midnight Suns, I did a lot of non-story missions to build freindship or get resoueces, but it was all voluntary. When I decided to focus on the story, it went really quick.

This is good open world design to me, none of this ever felt mandatory like in Zero Dawn or God of War or Spider-Man. Some things could be cut in knights, the book pages most def. Have either batarangs or plaques, not both. But the travel challenges were fine. The silly loot parkour was fine.

With Midnight suns, streamlining the abby activities would be great. Having to navigate menues and hope to remember what cards i need when I pop open a coil, which takes entierly too long and then go to a whole different section to upgrade the cards I do get? Not being able to mass delete.

Anyways, wherever Dark Tznimnince is, I hope that little pervert got this game became Red Hood is real fun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Is MS a free-roaming game too? ..I still haven't played it yet. Been playing a lot of Phasmophobia and Gotham Knights.

Oh I bought Sonic Frontiers too and haven't played it.

Yeah it's not free roaming, but only story missions advance the plot, so if you don't want to move forward, you can pick from any of the missions available in the mission select table that aren't labeled "story"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Gotham Knights:

I'm in new game plus and trying to get Nth Metal to craft legendaries. Every post and youtube tip I see says do Very Hard criminal deals, but I've never gotten a drop from any of these, only when turning in my penguin challenges. That gets me like 25-50 pieces when I need hundreds to thousands of the poo poo to make a single item. Any tips? Everything I see is from a few months ago so I'm wondering if a patch changed things.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo. PS5 name is soonmot I'm lvl 40 in newgame+

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Yeah I have enough that I don't think twice about rerolling the same blueprint until I get the upgraded version.

Tell me about this? You keep crafting the same item and sometimes it's a more powerful version?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Yup. On the crafting results screen there's a gear icon with a swooshing arrow pointing up next to the name of the item when it's the upgraded version. Some pretty nice boosts, like hundreds more in damage or higher Momentum Gen %. I don't know what the odds are for getting it but on average it's been within a few rolls.

I did Floor 30 quite a lot for a while there and amassed a warchest from it.

Got to floor 29 with a rando but the two of us just could not do it. I blame myself for using a poison weapon on robin when fighting owls. Their Batgirl was a loving monster though.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh jeez. Suicide Squad looks to be full GaaS and had like 6 different currencies

balls. where did you see this?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Because it's a shooter.

It's impressive that it's looking like it will actually be worse than Avengers.

Yeah, this is some generic game they slapped a DC license onto. I know when given the option to play King Shark, my first thought is "Wow, what kind of gun does he use?"

Lobok posted:

I think it's kind of a double-whammy because of poison vs. Owls but also because poison damages enemies but isn't good for actually stopping them. So in a mission trying to protect something like a console it's a weak form of crowd control. Freeze is good, Concussive is even better.

And I don't know if they patched it out but for a while there I was running a nice little combo with Robin that seemed broken for how effective it was. Would Freeze a guy, drop a decoy, and this for some reason the game considers as full instant stealth and I could do a Stealth or Ambush Takedown on the frozen enemy. As long as the decoy was up I could Takedown anyone frozen to chain KOs together (decoy doesn't usually last long though).

Yeah nothing puts me back into stealth except loving sitting around a corner hiding for a minute. I keep trying to drop a decoy and then use the invisibility power, but by the time that poo poo rear end power triggers, something has hit me and knocked me out of it, or something is following me as I slowly walk away because running cancels it.

eDIT: When do enemies in Gotham Knights single player increase their levels? I play at off hours, so MP isn't realiable and I want to get thos elevel 60 drops, but on NG+ enemies have been level 49-51 for a number of missions now despite robin using level 55 gear.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 18, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

secretly best girl posted:

Would not be the first time a Marvel game has yanked the rug even with finished work in the pipeline, hopefully it's not as unwholesome as the death of Marvel Heroes.

people were playing marvel heroes, so no.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
For all the jank in Gotham Knights combat, after playing Forspoken, I see how it could be so much worse. At least in GK I know when and why I'm taking damage and dodging actually works.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nyeehg posted:

I was interested in midnight sons but the presence of microtransactions made it an instant no for me. I have problems with compulsive spending and since midnight sons looks like a fun game the chance I'd put myself in a financial hole was too high.

Yeah it think it's a total of three costumes or something? Your character has a bunch of costumes you unlock through play and in game currency that's easy to earn and you can mix and match parts. Every other character has three or four other costumes they can wear too, plus all those costumes have color schemes. I can't even remember seeing an in game option to purchase stuff with real money, aside from the DLC.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

there's no loving way lmao. thread title if it is real

i don't care if it's real or not, let's get that title change lol

like you motherfuckers got me with gotham knights and that was pretty enjoyable, no way am I going in for this.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

The concept of GI Joe as a game is basically any of those Modern Warfare games, right?

Maybe, but I would never play those game. A 3rd person gi joe game fighting COBRA with a cartoony vibe and special powers though? gently caress I'd be all over that.

I tried fortnite since everyone on Get Played podcast loved it and got the x-23 skin and i died in my first match to my first opponent and then deleted the game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

Forget Suicide Squad. Give me a sequel to Gotham City Imposters. :v:

Fortnite puts you against bots in your first several games.

Congrats. You got killed by a bot.

yeah i know

Mr Hootington posted:

It depends on when they played, but I do believe the OP should tell us when they played so we can LMAO.

Still laughing they quit after dying when they dropped in their first game. It is a causal competitive MP. You won't win right away.

If OP wants to try again I'm more than willing to play with them and give them tips and tricks. This goes for anyone and it is a good time to start playing with the new season starting today.

THanks, but i was predisposed to dislike the game anyway, I don't like competitive games. but it was talked up so drat much on that show that even knowing I wouldn't like i still dropped ten bucks on a skin before I even played because those are the exact type of mtx that cut through all my defenses. I don't give a poo poo about xp boosts or new weapons, it's the stuff that lets you customize your appearance that get me.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 11, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo nothing I read about the game made it seem like a beta. Lol

Lmao even

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Adaptation of the tabletop RPG

Yes, let me make a mutant capybara!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sentinel Red posted:

I did think about getting the DLC too but honestly, IDGAF about Venom, Deadpool or Morbius. Would totally be up for Storm tho.

that's why they made storm the last dlc

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

It's not even that it's flat, it's that everything seems unnatural. "WHO IS A GOOD GIRL? IT IS MY CHARLIE GIRL!" just sounds like someone phoning it in, not a deliberate directorial choice.

what no? that's great, i love that line

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Red Hood was fun, blasting dudes and then just picking up and throwing the large enemies.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
from everyone excitement, I'm assuming this is a real game and not a mobile one. What have motive done before?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah it is a fundamental failing of the premise that they just gave everyone guns. Like would it have been that bad to have both melee and ranged characters with the ranged characters having their own gimmicks?

I mean, the Avengers game was able to that! They did worse than the Avengers!!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
killing the jla was never the problem for me, it was the whole "lets give everyone guns" design choice

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I can’t wait to use Katana’s famous gun

I don't know why that's so small. It's the punisher firing a gun that shoots swords

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Jeez, I can't imagine a less appealing character to play one of these games with than that Joker design. I assume it's not Hamill voicing him but I don't think that'd save it.

As an aside I also very much dislike the Harley voice actor they seem to be using for a lot of these sorts of projects, she makes it a little too much like baby talk imo and it creeps me out. Obviously the TAS actress died and wasn't doing it even when she was alive but they could at least just pay Kaley Cuoco the cash money and get her to do it, her Harley is pretty good and that take is what they seem to be going for with her design, being fully over the Joker and such.

I actually kind of like 50's greaser joker there.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

I believe the other post launch characters were leaked a few weeks/months ago, if you care to look

i do not

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

mycot posted:

Only the magic of video games can make Shark with a Gun a disappointing concept.

for a good shark with a gun game, might I reccomend Manhunter, where you can mutate to shoot radioactive blasts amongst other things.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I bought arkham knights... gently caress, I bought ANTHEM! I will not be buying this

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Do they still have goblin flavored blood libel as a plot point?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hosed up if tru

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yeah I would love another x-men legends with a bunch of weird mutants over a Marvel wide game

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Marvelwatch actually looks kinda good, huh!

gently caress me, i wish i had impulse control, because I will buy it, play it twice and then delete it because i hate pvp

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

It's being made by NetEase, so it's almost assuredly gonna be F2P

which means every new character and skin will be like 20 bucks

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it's just jumping around and shooting things, isn't that all those game are?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I like the look of greaser joker, but I hate the voice. The smile is off too, somehow

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Deleted, what was it?

Probably this?

I can see it but it doesn't feel right. For context I am both ace and love Illyana

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Then you restart the game and git gud.

For real though, having a limited pool of recruitable characters with permadeath and "bad endings" if you manage to get everyone killed in an XCom style game would be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I have zero interest in marvelwatch, but I hope yall gave fun