Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

See, I thought he had said the Arkham games were going to be it, but I guess the lure of phat staxx was too much.

I don't blame him, mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's not great, but it's not the worst.

But it made me watch an ad for Powerless and *that* might be the worst.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I would've expected something like this:

Look at this guy leaking alternate skins.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Youtube comments with tons of upvotes.

Oh you should have specified "idiots" and not "people"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

That reminds me, is that old X-men fighting game available anywhere?

Also, Miss Marvel? Uh there ain't no ring on there buddy.
X-Men: Children of the Atom? It's never been rereleased since the PS1/Saturn releases, probably due to licensing. (I just checked and it's not on the PSN store, either.) I'm sure if you look around, the arcade ROM is readily available and playable on MAME.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I thought superman was more vulnerable to magic than a regular human. Like Zatanna could say tihs ruoy stnap and a human could probably last longer without voiding their bowels than supes
Nope, he's supposed to be as vulnerable to magic as an in-shape human would be.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

In MvC they seem to have replaced dragon punch motions with tapping down twice (Maybe we'll have to wait for Ryu to confirm that.)

I think Giant Bomb was talking about that a few weeks ago at a preview, so it's more or less the direction they're moving in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Negative is p cool actually

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Keep in mind, PS4s shipped with a 500 gig hard drive (don't remember if the new upgraded ones have a bigger hard drive or not) and even if you own games on disc it has to install to play it so you don't save storage space, you just don't have to depend on bandwidth or connection stability to re-install games and you can resell them.

That's like 10-12 games max you can switch between without spending an afternoon deleting and installing things, on a console released 4 years ago. And that's not including DLC.
Yeah I plopped a 2 TB drive into my PS4 which was the best thing I could have done.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I guess this is closer to my dream open world sandbox superhero game. Like GTA but you're Iron Man or something. You can just scoot around looking for trouble, random stuff will pop up you can do, plus missions that you can do whenever you want.

Yes I know there are Iron Man mods for GTAV.

So you want Saints Row 4?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

You played as a puckish rogue who quipped a ton and killed evil invading aliens with guns and fireballs. You're basically indistinguishable from an Avenger.

Don't forget that you have a giant base and a color theme for everything. It's totally a superhero game.

I'm pretty sure if your idea of "superhero game" requires a silly costume with the underpants on the outside, its costume creator would allow it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I stopped playing it the first time the tank showed up. It was so awful and exactly the opposite of what I want Batman to be.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We unfortunately live in a post-Snyder world where Superman destroying Metropolis, killing thousands is totally kosher. I don't expect Rocksteady would shy away from that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

good day for a bris posted:

That’s not entirely true. Namco owned the right to have mini games during loading screens for a long time, which is why ridge racer let you play Galaxian during loading in the early ps1 days but no one else could do that
No, it is true. It's why companies can legally make wholesale themed copies of Monopoly as long as they call them Farmopoly or whatever. What you are describing is not a mechanic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

good day for a bris posted:

I stand corrected. Now the real questions is "has this lapsed?" and if so why wasn't I playing Crash Bandicoot while Uncharted 4 loaded.

It did as of 2015! Uncharted 4 was probably too far into development and also Crash Bandicoot is bad.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/12/loading-screen-game-patent-finally-expires

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm just gonna play as Spider-Punk and spend all my time making sick guitar riffs and taking selfies with passers-by.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I think they said you can wear whatever suit you want and change the ability it has if you like one suit but another's powers.

Why would I want to be NOT Spider-Punk or NOT do sick guitar riffs?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pre-Warcraft Blizzard is SO WEIRD. Like there was that and Rock N Roll Racing and Blackthorne and Lost Vikings, then they were just like "nah we are making three franchises now for the rest of time"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a pre download in a day or two, and you can play the game Thursday night.

Yeah, it will usually tell you when you can start downloading and I think there may even be a setting to automatically preload.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is Spider Man worth getting once I buy my PS4? How's the web swinging?

Like one person here has played it since it's not out until tomorrow, but every review says yes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I use my Switch more than my PS4 or XBox combined.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight can't come soon enough

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spider-Selfies are like my favorite part of the game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure the Coppiest superhero is The Punisher.

Yeah it's this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I finally unlocked the Taskmaster challenges and these are loving bullshit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New suits in next week's Spider-Man DLC!

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/1052258520345632768

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's this week apparently

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I started the Spider-Man DLC. It basically takes you out of the main game and puts everything the equivalent of an instanced city. You can't do any of the side stuff (other than the secret photo ops, it looks like), and it has its own. You do retain all your stuff, though. Also it adds Heavies with giant guns who are annoying as gently caress.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Has there been any news lately on the Rocksteady Superman game? I think it was announced officially last year some time and I've not seen hide nor hair of it since then.

It hasn't been officially announced, and rumors from legit sources only really started appearing in May of this year (there was some 4chan BS from late last year, but gently caress counting that). I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next year's E3.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Games as a service means they'll release it half-broken with little to no content compared to similarly-priced "full" games, then a year later it *might* actually be worth playing, but you'll still have to pay the same as you would have initially to get all the content packs. Also at launch people will tell you no, really, it's great and there's tons of content! You just have to run the daily challenges (that are content you already played) over and over to get slightly better loot/equipment so you can run the daily challenges better and no, this is DEFINITELY not grinding.

(No, I didn't like Destiny 2.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Not exactly surprising but I'm pretty sure that in Into the Spider-Verse they included the PS4 costume in the scene where you see all the costumes Peter has made over the years.

There was one that was very similar, yes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

After the most recent Marvel vs Capcom I'm definitely going to wait for reviews.
What does a game developed and published by Capcom have to do with one developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo other than sharing a license?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

It's a new game in a well regarded series after a long absence, I'm just being cautious.
You should always be cautious of new games, regardless of any absences.

New Wave Jose posted:

I hope they port it on other platforms
Nintendo is well-known for publishing to non-Nintendo platforms.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men Legends 2 was the best entry of that series imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It was pretty good but Ultimate Alliance edges it out for me because of the "Tour of the Marvel Universe" aspect. A bunch of X-men Legends 2 is just in like, sewers and nondescript facilities.
That's fair. Mostly I felt like they really pulled back on the RPG elements with MUA, which was a bummer for me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

Also, doesn't it look like the top of Wolverine's cowl opens up like a hatch?
There's where he loads the bubs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm fine with it being exclusive to my most-used gaming machine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DCU Online is coming to Switch.

https://twitter.com/DCUO/status/1134514624894853120

In other news, DCU Online is somehow still a thing?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

For some reason I thought his current costume was a minor tweak on his original, but that's not the case. Anyway, put the Spider-Verse costume and the Spider-Verse off-the-rack costume in as alternates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Switch owns so get one anyway