Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RevKrule posted:

i'm on like day 70 in Midnight Suns and only just got the Venom Sample. (spoiler of fairly early story mission). I've been spending way more time doing side missions and relationship work. I feel like there's so much more to the game but going through the same loops just on missions feels so good. Just load up, see what my mission options are, do daily training with one of the people I want to take out on the mission and go. I probably wouldn't even have gotten as far as I did if it wasn't for the fact it was gating me from getting the other words of power.

I'm at the final mission (it tells you THIS IS THE FINAL MISSION DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT READY) and probably finishing tonight. You definitely get to a point where there's not a whole lot to actually do between missions and even the boxes stop giving anything useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Finished Midnight Suns tonight. Really fun, solid game, though far from flawless. The ending may as well have a big flashing light reading "WE'RE PLANNING MORE!" though idk if that will be DLC or a sequel (or both). I know they're planning character DLC, though if there's no additional story content, I don't know if I'll bother picking it up.

Good:
Story is pretty good
Combat is fun and you can customize your characters to work best
Characters all seem useful, though some are certainly moreso than others

Bad:
You don't get the full squad until really late in the game (like, final character gets picked up right before the final mission)
Voice performances were uneven, and Man Hunter was pretty grating
Dialogue was pretty bad

A thing I thought would be fun would be if they gave certain combos of characters team names. Like if you have, say, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Cap it displays NEW AVENGERS or something similar.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fine, I'll buy the freakin' season pass.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

uh oh. i get Carol but what did Jennifer do

Horny on main

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're literally just cosmetics (a finite amount at that) and I think if you buy the season pass you just get everything, but I also understand if that's still too much of a problem for you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think only Catwoman is usually Batman-infused.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Eh he sorta makes sense for a game with loose links to the Midnight Sons at least. (why is the game called Midnight Suns btw? It is the sons in the comics right? Obviously that doesn't mean the game has to be called that but I can't think why it's called Suns).

The other DLC characters are pretty out of that wheelhouse so it makes sense to have one who is thematically linked I think.

Because there's literally a star called "Midnight Sun" as a plot point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

if you think theres not enough characters in the game, get it I guess. As it is without any DLC the game was just a tiny bit overlong for me without even chatting up everyone to full friendship.

Also if you get the dlc you get morbius lmao.

This is worth $40 on its own! It's Morbin' time!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a TMNT: The Last Ronin game in development. They're claiming it'll be AAA level.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I played it as male Hunter and his voice acting ain't great either. In general, I found the VA pretty mediocre in the game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Male Hunter is Matt Mercer, so it's not like the talent isn't there, the neutral tone is definitely a directing choice.

It's not even that it's flat, it's that everything seems unnatural. "WHO IS A GOOD GIRL? IT IS MY CHARLIE GIRL!" just sounds like someone phoning it in, not a deliberate directorial choice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's *patented* not *copyrighted*. (Well, the games as wholes are copyrighted, but that's different.) But anyway, getting around patents can be fairly easy even if you go the route of "similar concept implemented directly" versus "just pay the patent holder".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No Batman-infused enemies, no buys imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The important question is: Are enemies still Batman-infused?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I don't know why that's so small. It's the punisher firing a gun that shoots swords

Is this a screenshot for ants?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

chaosapiant posted:

I highly doubt that WB will be that affected by Suicide Squad's performance. Unless you just mean their games division, and even then they'd probably be able to eat any losses. WB is huge.

WB is in real bad shape

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait to play as Private Trumpet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Anyone here lucky enough to have gotten into Marvel Rivals.

Da fuq is that