Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Samuringa posted:

78.1% of players finished the first chapter of TWD; 37.1% finished the last. That's a 40% drop on a game where all you do is click on choices, it's no surprise someone might not beat the first boss of DS3.

To be fair, that's not exclusive to games, many times I've watched a couple of episodes of some tv show and then gave up, not even because they're bad. There's just a lot of stuff to do online nowadays.

For me it's a side effect of young me being able to get 2-3 new video games a year if I was LUCKY, so I instinctively jump on every humble bundle and good deal that I can. I'd wager I've played less than 10% of my Steam backlog for any length of time, and I have Playstation 2 games that aren't even opened.

Shockingly, I don't have as much time to spend on games as I did when I was 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

This is it for me too. There's so much to do in these games now and so little time. I felt like I binged through Arkham Knight and it took me like 10 weeks.

Horizon Zero Dawn sucked me in, between it and Saints Row 4 I spent more time on those two games than the rest of my game purchases in the last 7 years combined.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's the impression I got too. Lots of moves that involve another turtle swooping in to assist who's active, treat it like a character with 4 different weapon stances.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I think the new gimmick is hiding loading screens behind animations, like why you have to struggle to crawl through a tunnel in Tomb Raider every so often.

Nothing new there, there's a reason Symphony of the Night had so many corridors. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pubic works project posted:

If we don't get a new Ultimate Alliance game I'm going to be so lovely. Also, if Sony gets this potential game universe and not X-Box, I'll be even more lovely.

So I'm probably going to be REALLY lovely soon.

I just want them to package up all the old fighting games from the Vs. series (X-Men: COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel vs. Capcom 1-2).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The first Spider-Man is okay but 2 is genre defining, infinitely better.

Ultimate Alliance just got a remaster if you're looking to play it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Genesis Spider-Man has a fond place in my heart as my first Comic Book video game but it was pretty drat hard too, and definitely lacked the feeling of Spider-Man being Spider-Man, with him mostly walking with occasional ceiling crawling.

The TMNT style one was just weird, with Giant Venom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNqmcV_kI3k

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Capcom's beat-em-ups were superior. Final Fight is a better simple game, and the D&D ones are nicely complex enough to do the licence justice within the genre.

All these games are why MAME is the greatest blessing of all time. Finally get to go through and beat all those monotonous games without spending a dime.

ASSUMING YOU OWN THE LEGAL ROMS OF COURSE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shocked the thread doesn't begin with

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Peter will only be in mini games where he delivers pizza, in homage to SM2.

Edit - And chases balloons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am an old boring man and instead got the physical media version.

I got the PS4 Pro combo because I wanted to upgrade anyway. I'm genuinely shocked it's the physical disc it comes with, that really seems like a huge waste.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Ugh I just cannot handle the loving brute enemies in this game. Like goddamn, it's not enough that I have to break my combat flow to defeat enemies in this one particular way, I have to jump way away to get some distance because the motherfucker just doesn't stop swinging.

Also this game took me 10 goddamn hours to download jfc

Yeah the big brutes are annoying as poo poo. I get it in like a batman game, and i get that they can't make Spidey TOO powerful, but come on, if I punch and kick a dude and he's just blocking with elbows, that's a problem. Took me a while to get used to webbing them up, hitting a few times, rinse, repeat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I just want them to take the base engine here and make a new Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wanderer posted:

DCU Online was a Sony Online Entertainment joint, and all of those got spun off into an independent company called Daybreak a while back that apparently intends to keep running all those live services until the heat death of the universe. It just picked up Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online, both of which apparently still have enough of a player community that it's worth keeping the servers on.

I mean, they've kept EverQuest going for 20+ years.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RevKrule posted:

There's a company called Arcade1up that makes 3/4 scale arcade cabinets that include classic games. For E3, they announced two new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DWc8LDDHBw

The TMNT one is looking to retail for $350 and includes the original arcade game and Turtles In Time and the Marvel ($299) one includes the two pre-MvC fighting games (Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men Children of the Atom) and The Punisher side scroller.

I have the Street Fighter one and I modded it so it's actually pretty nice, but super cramped. I can't imagine getting 4 people on TMNT even with a bigger deck.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lobok posted:

I doubt anyone was expecting a new UA to be a 10. Interested to see the goon couch co-op reviews.

A friend of mine and I played through Ultimate Alliance 2 over 2 or 3 weekends and we loved it, had fond memories of yelling "FUUUUUSIONNNNN" repeatedly. It was definitely my favorite game of the time. When it was released for PS4 we picked it up again and couldn't figure out why we thought it was so great, because it's terrible. Then we remembered the difference between now and 10 years ago - lots and lots of booze

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Some gameplay footage of the Square Enix Avengers game has leaked from SDCC, it doesn't look great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6b_uE9CDG4

That looks like it might be the best PS2 game to come out this year!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Ultimate Destruction is still the best Hulk game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Adventures of Bayou Billy had driving, shooting AND side scrolling action! Which were all terrible

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arkham Beyond - twist is, it's Terry!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crowetron posted:

A strategy game where you play as Doctor Doom controlling your dozens of Doombots as they set up an elaborate plan that will finally best that blasted Richards.

Are all the plans launching the Baxter Building into space?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

It seems too early for it to be a full open world sequel to PS4 Spider-Man to me, not even two years since that last one came out. Possibly a sort teaser thing? Like £30 and a bunch of missions with Miles and his new mechanics with a smaller chunk of open world with the story being him learning his powers with Pete as the mentor and then a sequel with both characters playable later and following up the story stuff from the first game? Sony has form doing that, they made an Infamous game with the girl with the light powers that was apparently better than the main game it was based on.

If it is actually a full sequel coming out in time for christmas then hell yeah I guess.

I mean, if you think about it, it's going to be set in New York so they have a whole buttload of assets to reuse.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lobok posted:

It basically seems like a modern take on the old X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse game where over the course of the game you have to play as the different characters of the team but each member is tied to his or her own specific levels.

Fun fact, Mutant Apocalypse is included in the upcoming Arcade1up 3/4 cabinet with X-Men: COTA, X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

I thought it was War of the Gems?

Nope, that's the Marvel Super Heroes cabinet with similar games. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Injustice is worth it just for the story alone.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

The game's kinda boring, but the comic is great. It manages to show why Plastic Man of all people is scary as hell.

Yeah I may be merging the comic and the first game's story in my mind. The comic is great, and ran for like 5 years.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I read that as Rockstar and was imagining GTA:Gotham City.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

Also Bronze Tiger better be in it and playable. If he ends up taking a back seat to Black Manta or Killer Shark...

I want Ron Funches voiced Killer Shark from the Harley Quinn series.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I saw him on the Giant Beastcast and it threw me for a loop that that's just his natural speaking voice. :allears:

(also he's a really good dude so just make him Shark's permanent voice)

Oh yeah he's awesome. I miss @Midnight because he was a regular and ruled.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I just wish more VAs didn't feel the need to do Mark Hamill impressions. His Joker is iconic and legendary, but it's his take on it, other people should do their own thing.

I think Alan Tudyk does a pretty good job with his Joker in Harley Quinn. It's inspired by Hammill but he does have a few inflections of his own that is fantastic. Of course I love almost everything about that show so that helps.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

I've only seen clips of Harley Quinn, but I do really like their Joker. It's like they decided to make him actually funny instead of a scary clown that laughs all the time because he's insane. Every now and then I think about "Where's my goddam electric car, Bruce?" or "Lots of dads are serial killers!" and actually laugh.

Oh man you should watch it ASAP, it's so much better than I expected it to be. It's basically Venture Brothers mixed with the Tick and Deadpool for the hard R violence.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

Ambitious of them to model Hawkeye after Stephen Amell.

Stephen Amell would probably be psyched as hell about it. He seems like a really good guy which I'm sure means in 2 years they're going to find a collection of children's shoes in his crawlspace

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

King Shark not Killer. Croc is the Killer.

Whoops how could I forget!!! Lord Funches forgive me. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Let Ron Funches voice King Shark you absolute cowards

I said this in some thread. As far as I'm concerned he is to King Shark what Hamill is to the Joker. Go back and dub him into the Flash episodes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was super pumped for Agents of Mayhem and it would have been a great game if they had finished it instead of making GBS threads out a half completed game. I actually pre-ordered it because of how much I liked Saint's Row 4. Between that and Darksiders 3 I don't pre order anymore

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

I thought Agents of Mayhem was some sorta hero shooter in the Saint's Row universe

It's vaguely related to it (one of the endings of Gat out of Hell has him becoming a cop in a world rebuilt by God, and that's this universe) but most references are just hints and such. I think it was meant to launch a new franchise and boy howdy did they fail. RIP Deep Silver.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Agents of Mayhem really seemed like a game where they spent a lot of time and money on pre-production but when it was time to actually make the game they ran out of cash and just had to throw something together. The game is just chockablock full of repeated content with very few unique missions.

I've always thought it was a passion project for someone. They had the character ideas and pitched it successfully. I really do like the idea of it but it was just not fleshed out enough. Plus it really lacked in multiplayer content.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Friend and I were playing Spider-Man yesterday and we noticed most people on the street were wearing masks. What an awesome little detail to add.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lobok posted:

That should be because of the Devil's Breath. The game hasn't been updated this year.

Ahhh well drat, I'm less impressed now. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Same reason we can't ever get upgraded Marvel vs. Capcom 2 releases. Though I had hoped with the Arcade1up versions coming out we might see same movement on that front