Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

it would be very painful

He's a big guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still baffled that in the Arkham games, they paired up Barbara with Tim instead of Dick.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to see Hawkeye miss an enemy at point blank range because the RNG screwed him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Crowetron posted:

A strategy game where you play as Doctor Doom controlling your dozens of Doombots as they set up an elaborate plan that will finally best that blasted Richards.

But you'd never win

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

It seems too early for it to be a full open world sequel to PS4 Spider-Man to me, not even two years since that last one came out. Possibly a sort teaser thing? Like £30 and a bunch of missions with Miles and his new mechanics with a smaller chunk of open world with the story being him learning his powers with Pete as the mentor and then a sequel with both characters playable later and following up the story stuff from the first game? Sony has form doing that, they made an Infamous game with the girl with the light powers that was apparently better than the main game it was based on.

If it is actually a full sequel coming out in time for christmas then hell yeah I guess.

This is my guess. Kinda like what Infamous First Light was. It'll be a shorter game to focus on Miles and get us used to his powers. The full sequel will have both Peter and Miles playable.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 11, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So they're saying it's a re-release of the original game made for the PS5 with a Miles expansion built in.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

Sony's messaging has been extremely confused, but apparently it's a shorter stand-alone game and does not include the original PS4 game's content. which is what I would have assumed based on the title and trailer in the first place. dunno why their PR folks couldn't just say that

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1271468048017432577

I hope it isn't full priced if it's Lost Legacy, and if it isn't a remaster then I hope it comes out for the PS4, too. I love Spider-Man but I don't want to buy a PS5 at launch just for this game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also that design is loving ugly and they'll come out with something different looking before long.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Avengers Stunt Doubles with Off-Brand Hulk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

The Injustice game story is pretty threadbare and not all that interesting, but it still has one of the better moments in recent comic book adaptation memory, when they convince the other world's Batman to bring in Superman.

I really like the good Superman since it's essentially the DCAU Superman, and he immediately comes in and hands the bad guys their asses.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope the Suicide Squad game has Katana in it. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims.

I appreciate this post.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWM5uha3ZMk

More info on the Avengers game. To me, it looks like a loot-treadmill with micro-transactions that has multiplayer as an afterthought. I can look past the Spaceballs-stunt double character designs, but that doesn't exactly seem like a great gameplay formula.

I think it's the opposite. It looks like Destiny where the meat of it is that 4 player thing, but it has a single-player story attached. You're not wrong about loot and microtransactions though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I just hope this means that the better Hawkeye will show up soon too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I still don't like Games as a Service things, but if they can keep putting out story missions along with characters that'll be nice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

I wonder HOW we’re getting these new characters? Did they announce a season pass? Or are they doing the whole “post launch characters are free!” nonsense that, like, For Honor did by releasing new classes that were “free” but took a poo poo load of grinding to unlock and thus encouraging you to actually pay for them.

They've said that all the updates will be free. That's about all we know right now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ugh that's loving dumb. Guess I have to get it for that console now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rocksteady heard the people excited to play as Superman and the Flash and Wonder Woman and NOW you can play as:

Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and El Diablo.

https://twitter.com/Prince__Kratos/status/1291732999290138624

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe Suicide Squad is like Dead by Daylight, where you're playing as the Suicide Squad and just trying to survive as Superman/Flash/Green Lantern/Wonder Woman casually knock you around and put you in prison.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

What’s Gotham Knights?

That's the rumored name for the Court of Owls thing that the team that did Arkham Origins is doing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't want to play a game where I kill Superman though. He's Superman. Not even an evil version.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The leaked list is in that tweet I posted.

Deadshot, Harley, Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, King Shark, Cheetah, and Enchantress.

Going in hard on the cast from the movie, which everyone makes fun of now. Rocksteady striking while the iron isn't even out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The leaked description is that Waller sends the Suicide Squad after the Justice League because they don't like what she's doing.

It's possible it's wrong, but people are thinking the leaks are legit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gotham Knights is as expected. Kind of a soft reboot of the Arkham games and you play as Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood, and Robin.

Batgirl's costume taking after the Batgirl of Burnside is cool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I guess based off the concept it is post-Arkham Knight?

They showed that it starts with Batman sending a message that he's dead. But different look and voice actor. Which is why it's probably a soft reboot where it takes place after that, but people are gonna be different.

And they showed off a boss fight against Mr. Freeze which was just a bunch of punching, and not the cool fight like in Arkham City. So that doesn't inspire much confidence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still floored that they decided their gameplay would show a lazy boss fight against Mr. Freeze, when he was probably the greatest boss fight in all the Arkham games. Not a great way to start off, fellas.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League by Rocksteady won't be out until 2022 lol

The presentation is not good

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Rocksteady guy said this is a continuation of the Arkham game universe, so that's the same Harley.

Which goes to show that yeah, they don't give much of a poo poo about Arkham Origins since Deadshot is black now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man I don't even remember him in City.

But the fact that after 5 years, Rocksteady doesn't have anything else on this game but a CGI trailer is laughable.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you were a walking, talking shark, would you need a gun?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nbd I'm just paralyzed, I can train and recover from it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't 'she trained good' the canonical explanation for why she is Batgirl again in the comics?

No, she got experimental surgery in South Africa.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I haven't touched the multiplayer because I've been enjoying the single player. So if the characters get their own little story missions, I'm good with that. Glad that Kate is the first one too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like it a lot. Even the endgame content, because it doesn't feel empty and still has voice acting and is telling a story.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is the first Hawkeye the good Hawkeye that people actually care about or is it Clint?

Yeah, Kate's up first.

Avengers has a really good story, so I think it's worth $30.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I've actually grown to hate cosmetic microtransactions more than ones for like faster XP gain in mostly single player games. I'm gonna spend how many hours playing as this character and if I ever want them to look different I gotta pay money?

You can unlock new costumes in game too, though you can't control what you get. The story gives a few different costumes for all the main characters. And then when playing the character, you get daily and weekly challenges to get points to unlock stuff through their battle pass.

But yeah, playing through the story you'll get a lot of abilities unlocked. You also get the same XP if you play on easy, so if you want to just roll through certain things you can do that and won't get punished.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I want a Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) dressed as Hawkeye (Alan Alda) costume.

The leaked skins showed that was actually one of the choices.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm just really hyped to see Kate in the game.

She's also voiced by Ashly Burch. Like everything they've marketed about Kate seems to have been directly aimed at appealing to me, and I am here for it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I'm laughing imagining Hawkeye vs the Maestro.

The bow and arrow guys always beat the big mega villains.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Guardians looks good. Glad it's a single player. Wish they had done something else other than just do the movie characters stunt doubles thing again, but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They did this kind of thing with X-Men Destiny and that sucked.

Just let me play with Marvel characters. Most people will just try and recreate them anyway.