Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

Oh man. So I've finally been playing the other episodes of the Telltale Batman game, and jeez. I was already dreading Joker showing up because I'm so goddamn sick of him and the overblown importance he's always given in modern Batman stories, but I didn't expect him to show up jumping over a shark while yelling "THIS PLOT IS GOING DOWN THE TUBES".

The gently caress???

God I hate what the Joker has become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I never found Arkham game Joker to be bad. He wasn't running around raping and stabbing random people or doing a bad Deadpool impression.

I loved when the TT Batman game was released all the people going "what the gently caress is this???" because they expected another Arkham game where Batman punches a bunch of people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm curious about what kind of game it will be, like is it going to be based on the canceled first person Avengers game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hawkeye goes on a road trip with Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Iron Fist.

Game of the Year forever right there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's too bad Secret Wars 2015 hasn't been adapted as a game; it's basically a perfect setup for one. There's a million versions of each character, tons of locations, and has complete and utter freedom built into it.

I feel like if Marvel Heroes had been released later, It would take place on Battle World.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

There's nothing stopping them from adding Battleworld in a later expansion.

I keep hoping, I loved the new patches gameplay upgrades, but I'm so incredibly bored with the levels. There needs to be something new on the level of Asgard. I'm sick of running IC or MM constantly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish the old X-men arcade game and fighting games were available somewhere. I really want to spam OPTIC BLAST again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pubic works project posted:

I bought it on the old Xbox 360 arcade.

I had MvsC2 through that, but I never saw those. poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Schneider Heim posted:

It's a mobile game but not Marvel, so I guess it goes in this thread. Is DC Legends any good?

PVP is even more bullshit than in the old Avengers Alliance. You'll be given a whole bunch of people to choose from, but maybe one or two are beatable, most will have significantly more powerful teams than you will. Other than that it's got a good selection of characters to work towards, and yea, its basically just Galaxy of Heroes in terms of game play.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's supposed to be first of a shared MVGU, so i'm excited for this to feature other heroes in supporting roles.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yup, it's nice for console gamers, and world of tanks has done really well on console, but I will be giving it a pass as, why? I have hardly played in months, which I regret but I'm not going to put time into starting over again.

pubic works project posted:

Well if that's the case that's not fair! I wanna play in the MVGU!!!!

Iron Man game where you have access to different suits that suit different kinds of gameplay, and of course all available through micropayments.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

That T-rex is so offended.

He's totally going "hey, what the gently caress dude?"

Injustice 2 looks really amazing, but i swore to myself I'll never buy a fighting game on release at full price, I'll always wait for the ultimate edition that has all the DLC, but drat it is hard to resist from what they've shown.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
In the Catwoman trailer, Harley says "Me, you, Kate and Babs" and I can only assume she means Kate Kane meaning Batwoman is going to be a character in Injustice 2?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

She's listed as a premium skin for Batman on the roster leak, which has thus far been spot on.

They're really trying hard to make me want to buy this game on release. Like is Power Girl an alt skin for Supergirl?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That reminds me, is that old X-men fighting game available anywhere?

Also, Miss Marvel? Uh there ain't no ring on there buddy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men: Children of the Atom? It's never been rereleased since the PS1/Saturn releases, probably due to licensing. (I just checked and it's not on the PSN store, either.) I'm sure if you look around, the arcade ROM is readily available and playable on MAME.

Yea that one, and that sucks. Loved that game, but never found a PS1 copy of it, and I'm sure now it goes for stupid amounts of money.

Skwirl posted:

It's Ms. Marvel and it's always been Ms. Marvel for very specific reasons.

Yea, Ms is used for an unmarried woman, it was also the name of the first truly feminist magazine. The list had her written Miss Marvel, which is so wrong for her character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nipponophile posted:

No, "Miss" is used for an unmarried woman (as opposed to "Mrs."). "Ms." is deliberately ambiguous and may be applied to women regardless of marital status, which is why it was adopted by feminists. They felt that women deserved an identity that was not defined by their attachment to a man.

I'll have to go back to my 10th grade English teacher and tell her that she gave us all bad information.

She told us that Mrs was for married women, Miss was for women you were showing respect to, and Ms was for unmarried women. I've been using it incorrectly for decades.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, really digging deep in the roster of characters.

Though that's the only real problem I see.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

Like I said, every character that's been announced bar X, Sigma, Ultron, and Carol are returning characters from Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Yea, it's not really an surprising roster.

Deadpool is basically replaced by Captain Marvel. And yea outside of Megaman and the SF characters, I have zero connection to any of the Capcom characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someday I need to actually finish Arkham City, but I find myself Batmaned out lately.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp interest in Injustice 2 just dropped massively. gently caress the Joker, gently caress that stupid rapist clown.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

Are you thinking of a different Joker

I hate how important he is now to DC, and its branding. Especially after its Canon that he sexually assault Barbara after he shot her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could have sworn that they made it canon that he did, but some quick googling says that while it could be implied he did, there's nothing that made it official. He has apparently raped other women though, just not Barbara.

I just really hate what the Joker has become; he's basically the killer in lovely modern horror movie these days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty happy the new Marvel Lego game is Super Hereos not Avengers. I liked Lego Avengers, but having a completely unique plot and the dialog isn't just taken from the movies is just so much better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

redbackground posted:

I've been spending my lunch watching Injustice 2 Power Girl fight intros, and the actress they picked is perfect.

You need to link these

And man, that roster is lame. There have been so many cool, interesting characters that have been brought to the forefront recently in Marvel, that having such a repeated roster is just lame.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Injustice Harley is the best Harley.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only ever finished Asylum, City just had way too much poo poo to do that I got caught up in and couldn't bother to actually play the story.

loving Riddler Trophies

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Calaveron posted:

You don't HAVE to collect all the poo poo

You'd think that wouldn't you? But I hate having a map covered in poo poo I didn't do!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like that Miles is in it.

It looks good, like visually. Hopefully we'll see more game play later, thought i'm expecting just Arkham style combat with prompts to interact with the world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobok posted:

One thing I really liked about Arkham Knight was how they beefed up the environmental attacks, though you had to be within melee range of the objects to activate them. From the gameplay footage we got of Spider-Man in that construction level we saw that you can trigger them from afar with webs.

Yea, that's exactly what I imagine it would have. I think the E3 footage showed Spidy sitting far away from goons and a prompt shows up to pull something down on them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Red Bee?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

They haven't announced when but Marvel Heroes is shutting down.

It's kind of sad that the last character they released was Black Bolt. I knew something was up when there was zero stuff involving Ragnarok in the game. Pretty sure Homecoming was the last MCU movie they had a tie in with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

END ME SCOOB posted:

Apparently a lot of that stuff is completed, according to some, and just isn't going to be released. The shutdown is 12/31 though.

They said they're going to make everything free before the end in the official announcement. Though I like how people are screaming that they deserve to be refunded in their founders packs and things bought years ago.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

On consoles the game has only been out like 5 months.

It's fine for people on console the demand their money back, but it was people who started on PC screaming I saw. The last thing I paid for was Angela.

I mean online only or even games that requires a server to play are always in danger of this, which is the lovely thing about everything being integrated online. I know that happened with Darkspore, and of course any MMO

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 19, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought the Ms Marvel founder pack, and played a bit when it started and didn't find it that good. Then after a while they updated it and it got a lot better. Once goons stopped playing on the old voice chat server, it wasn't vent, it was something else, I stopped. I have 871 hours into it.

Lego Marvel Heroes 2 comes out this week, I hope its as good as the first one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm glad they're going back to the old style, Avengers was a step down from the first Lego Marvel game in a lot of ways.

The DLC stuff was the best because most of it was original, but yea I'm defiantly getting this if its got Team Squirrel Girl totally not Doreen Green and her school friends.

I bet Cat Thor is in it to.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

So more bad news about Marvel Heroes, the developer has fired everyone and now the game will shut down on Friday, instead of the end of December like they originally said.

Well, poo poo I was looking forward to a few days of playing it with everything free.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I am so glad i'm waiting for the GOTY edition. I'd hate to spend the money to get all the DLC, and I totally would.

While I saw MvsC Infinite for $20 new at Xmas and didn't even think about picking it up. What a lazy cash in, they just took 3 removed the mutants and slapped a few characters in without bothering to change anything else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess this is closer to my dream open world sandbox superhero game. Like GTA but you're Iron Man or something. You can just scoot around looking for trouble, random stuff will pop up you can do, plus missions that you can do whenever you want.

Yes I know there are Iron Man mods for GTAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nilbop posted:

Actually the Lego Marvel Super Heroes games are literally that, just with Lego dudes instead of regular dudes.

Yea, that's what I want, just not in lego.

Aphrodite posted:

This is what the trailer for Anthem looked like but I’m sure it’ll be disappointing.

Anthem looked like Destiny with power armor and its going to ruin Bioware.

EDIT: Ruin it even more.