Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Most superhero games suck poo poo and it's depressing. Make a new Ultimate Alliance or Marvel Heroes or just have someone make a modern City of Heroes if they want a live service game so loving bad.

For a genre that's so naturally conducive to a video game environment, everyone sure seems to gently caress up these type of games more often than they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

They did a Ultimate Alliance 5 years ago

jesus christ 5 years ago?

Bought it on launch day and it sucked so bad. It looked nice and had a great roster of characters but the absolute worst part was that, unlike the other games, your bench characters had zero progression as you level up through the game. So with like 30 characters or whatever, if I wanted to experiment with different/fun lineups then I had to grind the living poo poo out of all of them in those stupid simulation missions.

They somehow found a way to make one of the best comic book games be incredibly lovely and boring. Half the fun of the old games was whipping out random characters occasionally and even if you haven't touched them all game, they'd be relatively close in level to your "mains".

I still have PTSD from that loving game

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's a shame Marvel Heroes got shut down because a child molester was really bad at his job.

RIP Groot Force

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

ICR did what?

All hail Sun God!