Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

The Spiderman game is also probably getting hit due to Insomniac being evil which is sad since that is one of the companies that got me into video games with the Ratchet and Clank games.

My understanding of the situation is that the voice actor strike probably won't hurt the Spider-Man game because it is far off. Like the game doesn't actually even have a title right now. Insomniac has been really cagey about a release date and I'm seriously doubting that they're going to go from the almost nothing we have now to release in the same year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really don't like the Injustice design for Blue Beetle. He's way too bulky.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wanderer posted:

I'm going to be disappointed if the standard skin for Captain Cold doesn't come with a voice that's at least as much of an audible smirk as Wentworth Miller's. That dude delivers every line as Snart like he's explaining to a woman why he's tying her to train tracks.

They might do a TV costume and if so they'd probably get Wentworth Miller for it. They've been pretty steady about using the TV actors to do their characters when they appear in games.

In other news, during a livestream the other day a Marvel executive on the game side claimed that the PS4 Spider-Man game is going to come out this year. I'm still doubtful seeing as the only thing they've shown for it was a short E3 trailer from last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel Heroes is finally getting a console version with the announcement of Marvel Heroes Omega. No word yet on whether it will be straight port or a new game in the same style. They did confirm that it will be free to play. Also only mentioning PS4 right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Marvel Heroes Omega is currently in closed beta for the PS4 but obviously you can throw money at them by purchasing "Founders Packs" and get access. There are currently 6 packs; X-Men (Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Ice Man, Jean Grey and Psylocke,) Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow,) GOTG (which despite being called that is only Star Lord and Rocket,) Deadpool, War Machine and Spider-Man.

The packs range in price from $60 to $20 and they say if you buy all of them (which will set you back about $220) you'll get a (timed) exclusive Symbiote costume for Spider-Man and (timed) exclusive access to Iron Fist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A really weird thing about MvC is how they're using the design from the terrible Bionic Commando game that sold poorly and was a joke among fans for its ludicrous ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming anyone confused about it didn't actually watch the full trailer to the end since the Miles thing is like the very last bit they showed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ehhhhhhhhh

I don't know if they eventually fixed it but the remaster was straight busted at release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Telltale has also announced a season 2 of The Wolf Among Us. Which is pretty weird seeing as its been a while since the first game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supposedly Chris Evans and the Russo bros all played the Cap game and used it as a basis for his fighting style in Winter Soldier.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I played through that bit again on the remaster and it wasn't so bad a second time. It just feels horrible when you don't know what to do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They haven't announced when but Marvel Heroes is shutting down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On consoles the game has only been out like 5 months.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So more bad news about Marvel Heroes, the developer has fired everyone and now the game will shut down on Friday, instead of the end of December like they originally said.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wanderer posted:

I mean, they could still do it. The licensed PS3/360 game for the first MCU Captain America movie is basically Cap in Arkham minus gargoyles.

Supposedly both Chris Evans and the Russos were fans of that Cap game and based some of his fighting moves in Winter Soldier off of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

So I've never pre-ordered something on the Playstation before, what time can you typically start downloading the game? I'm on the west coast.

If you actually go through on the pre-order they will tell you when it will preload. Then when it does the download you will get a countdown on the dashboard telling you when it will it will become unlocked.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Listening to Giant Bomb talk about Spider-Man and they mention that if you run up to a person on the street and hit the attack button instead of punching the person or just hitting the air Spidey will do stuff like a thumb's up or finger guns.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Didn't Ultimate Alliance 1 have a BRB skin for Thor? Could've sworn it did...

Yeah, just about every character had a skin where it was technically a different character with similar powers. So Thor had Beta Ray Bill, Cap had US Agent, Iron Man had War Machine, etc. For Magneto it was Xorn.

Edit: Which was one of the reasons UA2 sucked, everyone just had one alternate costume and it was usually something really bland. While UA1 had everyone (with the exception of Silver Surfer) with 4 different costumes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In regards to suits, I like the look of the body of the MkII Armor but dislike the head as it doesn't really look like Spider-Man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really laughed at the scene where Peter is over at MJ's making dinner and she chides him for just leaving his clothes on her kitchen floor when changing into his costume.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I finished Spider-Man tonight and while I enjoyed it in general it does kind of overstay its welcome. I think the biggest issue I had with the story was switching the primary antagonist so late in the game. You spend so much time with Mister Negative and then he just kind of falls to the wayside.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Telltale Games has announced that they're shutting down and canceling everything pending, with the exception of a Minecraft: Story Mode TV show that they were making for Netflix. This includes the "Final Season" of The Walking Dead game which will now go unfinished.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

The best part is there are people who started at Telltale LAST WEEK.

The season pass for TWD is still up. So you can pay $20 for one episode of a game that will never get finished.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The actress who plays Clementine in TWD has said that as far as she knows Episode 2 of the Final Season will come out but that's it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also a rumor that Rocksteady's next game will be announced there and will be a Superman game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not exactly surprising but I'm pretty sure that in Into the Spider-Verse they included the PS4 costume in the scene where you see all the costumes Peter has made over the years.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Insomniac has said that one they definitely aren't doing is the Amazing movie suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they actually shown off more gameplay because the stuff they showed before looked very generic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC the character from Invisible War was the one who was directly supposed to be a clone of JC.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sony just announced a new Spider-Man game, "Spider-Man: Miles Morales" coming this year for the PS5.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like it is pretty much in the same style as the ps4 Spider-Man game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who likes Captain America I'm not too thrilled about how they apparently kill him off after the tutorial as part of the set up for the story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The devs have stated that this version is definitely supposed to be more Hawkguy than MCU Hawkeye specifically saying that they're drawing inspiration from the Fraction series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I was thinking more of it being totally absent from the Arkham Collection they put out with the other games.

Also when AK was coming out they called it the finale in the Arkham trilogy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Agents of Mayhem really seemed like a game where they spent a lot of time and money on pre-production but when it was time to actually make the game they ran out of cash and just had to throw something together. The game is just chockablock full of repeated content with very few unique missions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The game is very clearly supposed to be a co-op experience seeing as you're rolling as a three person team and player abilities should synergize but instead they just have nothing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also this weekend is an open beta for Avengers on PS4. I think next week is open for everybody else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Played through the opening and the first(?) story mission and there are definitely characters that seemed more fun to play than others. Of course the story then goes on to start out with the more boring playing characters. Hulk and Ms Marvel are pretty straightforward brawlers and don't get the gimmicks of other heroes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, for me at least, it didn't take that long for the combat in Avengers to start to feel repetitive. Doesn't help that the skill tree is mostly combos and it doesn't look like you'll be able to switch out the hero abilities any time soon.

Although I was always going to be a hard sell on the game as I'm not a big loot driven person and prefer more narrative based games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They re--released MUA1 and 2 on current gen consoles. IIRC they're not great ports but they do exist.