Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MUA 1 was definitely the best just from a completeness standpoint. It had the most heroes with the most costumes with the biggest difference between abilities so it wasn't just the same attacks with different names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

it's kind of amazing that two sequels and over a decade and developers don't seem to remember/have grasped that fans like alternate costumes. Like, that first game had poo poo like Beta Ray Bill as an alt for Thor and now (if you pay extra money) you can unlock... Ultimate Thor. yaaaay.

MUA 1 is far from a perfect game and I'm pretty sure if I went back and tried to play it now it'd probably suck and I'd jump off of it, but yeah, it's a way more complete game than either of the sequels. (plus it has a better story imo with Doom trying to steal power from Odin instead of Thanos trying to get Infinity Stones again, loving yawn)

MUA 1 had the best alternate costumes because (just about) every character had 4 costumes. 3 alternate time period costume and then 1 that's actually a different character like Xorn or Ben Reilly or US Agent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So some people datamined the Avengers beta and think they've found a list of unannounced characters. Specifically this list is characters that all have info for a challenge card which is the game's version of a battle pass.

Ant Man
The Wasp
Vision
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Falcon
Mar-Vell
Mockingbird
Quake
Winter Soldier
Scarlet Witch
Captain Marvel
Kate Bishop
She-Hulk
War Machine

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League by Rocksteady won't be out until 2022 lol

The presentation is not good

Christ, are they trying to make it a solid 10 years between releases? Because you know they aren't going to meet that date either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its been a while but didn't Web of Shadows have really bad voice acting?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Weird bit of news is that in the remastered version of Spider-Man that they're putting out for PS5 they've completely changed Peter's face. You can see the new face in the latest trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5tTKSbePI
Here's their reasoning:
https://twitter.com/bryanintihar/status/1311380880389099521

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This seems like something that should have come up 3-4 years ago when they were originally making it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Squaresoft. And Yes and people were furious about it

They were furious about it but at this point I don't know if anyone still cares about The Avengers (game.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

First Hawkeye is coming by the end of the year, second Hawkeye most likely gets cancelled in a "we need to take a year to fix the game sorry" Anthem move.

They just announced that Kate is coming Dec 8th with her campaign focused around time travel and trying to save Clint and Clint is coming "early next year" with his campaign taking place in a future where the Maestro is in charge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One Kate costume they showed missing from the image on the previous page is her in the evil circus outfit from Fraction's run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiAotnCIBY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They probably already had the work mostly done for the Hawkeye and Hawkeye mini campaigns but with the tepid sales I would hazard a guess that subsequent heroes might not get their own stories.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel's Avengers is currently $29.99 on Steam.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC it was some character designs for Miles Morales costumes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a canceled Daredevil game that IIRC was from around the Affleck movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guardians action game where you play as Star Lord, not movie likenesses but movie aesthetics just announced. Out this year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The S-E stream had a longer gameplay segment on the Guardians game. Basically while you're running around as Star Lord in combat you can call on the other Guardians to do attacks on enemies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

S-E has put out a timeline for Avengers and are promising Spider-Man before the end of the year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero info other than announcement but Insomniac is making a Wolverine game for PS5.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Officially confirmed that Spider-Man 2 is PS5 only.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know if this was mentioned but Tony Todd is voicing Venom in Spider-Man 2. So still unclear who is actually in the suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I got my PS5 a couple of months ago relatively hassle free but that was through the system Sony has set up where you sign up on their website saying you want to buy a PS5 (also agree to receiving promotional emails.) They eventually send you a link with a specific date and time that you can click on it which will put you in a private queue. The downside to this method is that you have no clue when they will actually send the invites out because they don't exactly do them on a regular basis. The upside is that when you get the invite it is pretty much guaranteed that you'll get one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Avengers is coming to Gamepass (Console and PC) Thursday which is finally what is going to get me to check it out. At least for the story content which I've heard is good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Playing Avengers and I find it really bizarre how Iron Man's costume selection is missing so many of his variants. Like there's no just plain Mark I suit, which is weird because they have ones that are kind of like the Mark I but not exactly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Soonmot posted:

New trailer for GotG. I forgot this was out this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iJUuDNaCAs

Interesting to see them have some comic accurate costumes (although I doubt will get original look Gamora, which is probably for the best.)

Thing I heard is even if this does well to not expect any kind of sequel as this was part of a deal with Marvel that's done with this game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Veotax posted:

In-game trailer for Rockstead's Suicide Squad game. Well, in-engine at least since it's all cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vFB65-U_c

Well I laughed at the Penguin bit at the end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is definitely kind of awkward to have two different four player Batman/DC co-op games out so close together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For anyone, like me, who was waiting on a price drop Guardians is currently on sale $29 physical $39 digital.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whomp whomp, turns out that the Spider-Man add on for Avengers contains no new story missions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Not even anything introductory? Just...bam and that's it?

I could definitely see CD not doing any new characters after this.

Apparently all you get are audio logs and illustrated cut scenes. The devs say that they decided to focus more on the raid that's coming out the same day since more people will actually be able to see it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can never get in to free to play games because I can't be assed to ever learn their obtuse currency systems.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of, Fortnite is getting a Spider-Man skin as well as a webshooter item that lets any character webswing.
https://twitter.com/YassinLNey/status/1467651159624142854

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've always thought the Nemesis system was neat in theory but in practice it never quite felt right. Also doesn't help that outside of that the actual gameplay of those games was just kind of unimaginative.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do wonder if they were originally planning it as a live service game only to see the attitude turn on those pretty hard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah the fact that they did one game the entire last generation doesn't exactly bode well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_4Vf0UKcXw
A video about the rough development of X-Men Destiny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although from what I remember unless you really want that X-Men story you're probably better off playing Ultimate Alliance 1 which is superior in every way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Because there were so many different characters with different abilities in MUA1 there were definitely some that kind of fell through the testing cracks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Part of the announcement is that Gotham Knights is no longer coming to old consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Having to write around the idea that each story beat could have any combination of four characters makes me think that it is going to be super generic.