Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I wish there was an Ultimate Alliance 3...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

twistedmentat posted:

I wish the old X-men arcade game and fighting games were available somewhere. I really want to spam OPTIC BLAST again.

I bought it on the old Xbox 360 arcade.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Swamp Thing is the newest revealed playable character for Injustice 2.

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/13/vid...tm_content=Link

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ooooooo Doctor Fate!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Excuse me sir, but Nabu holds a doctorate in magical rear end-whuppins thankyouverymuch!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yup! Totally gonna be using Dr. Fate all the time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

They might do a TV costume and if so they'd probably get Wentworth Miller for it. They've been pretty steady about using the TV actors to do their characters when they appear in games.

In other news, during a livestream the other day a Marvel executive on the game side claimed that the PS4 Spider-Man game is going to come out this year. I'm still doubtful seeing as the only thing they've shown for it was a short E3 trailer from last year.

I really wish it'd come out for the XBone as well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm sure that the Sony-published game will come out for the rival system.

I mean I totally get it. Sony owns both Playstation and Spidey. It's just wishful thinking since I wanted to play it. But oh well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It's supposed to be first of a shared MVGU, so i'm excited for this to feature other heroes in supporting roles.

Well if that's the case that's not fair! I wanna play in the MVGU!!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Haha! I love it!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

The DLC is probably not going to be available at launch (except for Darkseid who is preorder bonus DLC).

If it were any other company doing this I'd be rolling my eyes at it, but Netherrealm does such a good job with their DLC characters and supports their games so long-term I can't really hate on it. We're getting at least 9 total (10 with Darkseid, then maybe more), all of them with a buttload of gear and alternate moves and stuff like everyone else, probably some of them with Premier Costumes (like the Supergirl -> Powergirl or Flash -> Reverse Flash ones).

I fully bought into the bullshit and preordered the Ultimate Edition (which isnt that bad with the best buy GCU discount. or the amazon discount) so i'm probably biased though

Yeah I bought the Ultimate Edition too. The Amazon Prime discount is great. $85 isn't bad at all for what you get.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

JordanKai posted:

Marvel put out a press release saying some of their comics in August will feature Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite-themed variant covers. People on the internet are speculating that each cover will feature one character from the roster, making for a total of 20 characters on the Marvel side.

Here's the full list of featured comics, with my guesses as to what characters they'll pertain to in bold:

Nova not returning from MvC3 would make me a little sad, but I'm very excited for Venom's long-awaited comeback to the vs. games. :tem:

Yeah I will be very sad if Nova isn't in Infinite. I loved using him in 3.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Has anyone played Injustice 2 yet? My copy just came in the mail. So stoked to go home and fire it up!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah GL sucks in this game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Uhhh, Green Lantern's really strong in this game.

He may be strong, but I really don't like his moveset. I'm finding it hard to get combos going.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Die for Darkseid

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What would happen if you put kryptonite on supermans toilet roll? Would he die of arse kryptonite problems?

That depends if the kryptonite gets stuck in his buttcrack/rear end in a top hat.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

good day for a bris posted:

Justice league heroes for ps2. It was alright but had the misfortune of being released around Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It was made by Snowblind, the team that made the non MMO Everquest games for Sony.

The biggest sin they committed was limiting you to 2 characters/players and not letting you choose which ones most of the time. Outside of that it was just D.C. Themed Baldur's Gate (Dark Alliance, not the mainline games, though that would have been amazing).

It was a great concept, just really poorly executed. It was like they rushed the game to cash in on that Ultimate Alliance money.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sesq posted:

So is this Nova gonna be the Glenn Close one or the John C Reilly one? Because I'll take either.

Edit: I will also accept Scott Adsit from Deadpool.

I would assume it's either Richard Rider or Sam whatever-his-last-name-is. It was Rider in MvC3

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Soonmot posted:

You know who I really want in Injustice?

King Shark.

Think about it. Think how awesome that would be. They really need to bring out more c and d listers

That would be loving awesome. I'd rather more guys like him than Raiden, Sub-Zero, and Spawn.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

hup posted:

Guys help I really like playing as Red Hood in Injustice :(

DT has another convert.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dammit. I may just have to start playing Injustice 2 again.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Nilbop posted:

He's still got the dumb no-underpants-on-the-oustide look; no purchase.

He does? That's a picture from Injustice 2.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Origins and Knight are half assed games with terrible stories. Arkham City's fine, despite some story problems.

I get the feeling Arkham Superman is going to focus way too much on Luthor.

I'm fine with that. <3 Luthor

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Comfortador posted:

Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming Spider-Man game? (September I think) They said the swinging is physics based but that doesn't necessarily mean the game will be Spider-Man 2 reincarnated. If that game lives up to my dreams I'd buy a PS4 just to play it.

Yeah I've been toying around with getting a PS4 and this game is helping steer me towards getting one.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah I miss Ultimate Alliance. I was holding out hope the 3rd one would have been a cosmic one.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

How about for Superman you have to run through a timed obstacle course... maybe like flying through rings?

But also, it should be hard for you to see that way you're not too overpowered. Maybe a fog over the city?

gently caress you for making me remember that god awful N64 game.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Some people at Marvel have said that if Spider-Man does well, they're not opposed to maybe the idea of a loosely connected game universe. Probably not like on the scale of the MCU, but Avengers Tower and the Sanctum Sanctorum being in Spidey are good seeds.

If we don't get a new Ultimate Alliance game I'm going to be so lovely. Also, if Sony gets this potential game universe and not X-Box, I'll be even more lovely.

So I'm probably going to be REALLY lovely soon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

Spider-Man games normally have landmarks like that, don't they? I remember the Ultimate game had the Baxter Building, the Sanctum Sanctorum, and a Latverian embassy. I don't remember if Avengers Tower was in it, but I don't think so.

The Ultimate Alliance games? Yeah Avengers Tower was in it...or at least it might have been called Stark Tower.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

*sigh* I guess I have to go buy a PS4 now. God damnit...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh man I loved Maximum Carnage. Only beat it a couple of times though. I will admit that it was hard.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Calaveron posted:

I remember every time I rented it it came in a neat red cartridge but when I got it for Christmas it was a lame regular gray cartridge

I own it and have the red cartridge.

Also had Death of Superman and I liked that game as repetitive as it was.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 24, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Someone get me a ps4 tia.

Same fam

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I wish they would put out an Ultimate Alliance 3. Like loving go big or go home. Go cosmic with that poo poo...Guardians, Nova, bring back Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill skin for Thor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Scrap Dragon posted:

Speaking of Ultimate Alliance, I was replaying the first game a couple of months ago and I got to the mission where you team up with Corsair and man that really dates this game. I can’t remember the last time the Starjammers were in anything, I think they just straight up got replaced by the Guardians

They were in X-Men Blue when the OG team went into space.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

They’re also in that big teaser image for the new Guardians of the Galaxy, but yeah; they got replaced as Marvel’s resident dysfunctional space family.

Did they ever explain how Corsair came back to life after being killed by Vulcan?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I feel like I can no longer post in BSS because my favorite Spidey suit in the game is

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1041095892823097344

It's just so like the regular spidey suit, but so shiny and angular. It hits all the good spots in my lizard brain.

Which one is this? The one from the last Amazing Spidey industries when he works with Mockingbird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Yep. Thinking on it more it fits the game pretty well since he also had a bunch of gadgets in that run.

That is awesome! We need to close on this house so I can buy a drat PS4.