Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

It probably has to do with Sony owning the movie rights to Spider-Man in perpetuity as long as they keep making films.

And Sony being a lovely company that spearheaded the entire concept of anti-consumer exclusivity, which paid off for them repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You could make a fun comic where ambushing Superman is built up like a heist. It wouldn't work, but it would be fun to see all the planning.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You mean I shouldn't have preordered Saints Row 3 with slightly worse lighting?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Finally playing Arkham Knight and the batmobile is not fun at all. That fight againt the excavator almost broke me. Everything else is:discourse:

If it was only used for chases and some puzzle solving it would be fine, enjoyable even, but all that tank bs is miserable.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Riddler races were also horrible, but I liked when there was a car and you could chase the car and the guys driving the car would get scared.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, it's not the Arkham continuity, so did she even need to be Oracle?

I feel like it not being the arkham continuity was a last minute decision from some suit. This is very obviously happening in the aftermath of Arkham Knight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Green Jelly (Jello) did the soundtrack during their "Little Pigs" heyday.

I still don't know exactly how that collaboration happened, but I'm thankful for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbUj5TIU4WA

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hate this new face, it's like Mark Zuckerberg was Tom Holland's dad. The original look had a Peter Parker vibe, this one really doesn't. Among other things he's distractingly pale.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

In what loving universe does Peter Parker have a tan? If he's not in his apartment or a science lab he's wearing a full face mask.

I don't want him to look like he's been to the beach for 2 weeks you nutjob I just think he looks paler than any version of Peter Parker I've ever seen.

E: Wait was the MTV Spider-man show full of super pale people or am I thinking of a different CG show?

Waffleman_ posted:

Turn on your monitor

Someday I'm gonna be able to post an opinion about media on this forum without someone being a bitch about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

They were super pale.

Kathy Griffin played a villain and it followed the continuity of the Maguire films but they didn't have any likeness rights, so everyone looked weird.

I was so annoyed that that show had Peter and Harry live in a gigantic cool penthouse that would probably cost legit 200k a year after the movie did such a great job with their crappy apartment.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Harry's dad (a multi millionaire if not billionaire) just died and Harry inherited the entire estate.

Yeah but also Peter and Harry's friendship collapsed. It hadn't collapsed all the way yet, but they definitely didn't live together anymore by the time 2 came around.

Waffleman_ posted:

It was an MTV show in the 2000s, it had to take place in an unrealistically luxurious apartment

The whole thing had a weird frat boy vibe. Not one of the better superhero cartoons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was hoping they'd do that. It's a surprisingly easy trick with modern hardware.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Watanabe wasn't really much of a supporting character in the comics before showing up as Wraith, she was introduced in ASM 600 and became Wraith in ASM 639, which was only 2 years later. Her main relationship with Spider-man was being Carlie Cooper's co-worker.

It's pretty obvious the game awkwardly crams her into the Jean Dewolff slot, which I guess makes sense since she pretended to be her ghost one time (???).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Helps to make the universe less white, too.

We've had non-white Jean DeWolffs before.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Adidas over Nike any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZJK5g_OsU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Move over Spider-man, the real comic book superstars are back.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1325842000826994690

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Well, it's not meant to be mostly single player.

But if you look at the Steam numbers it definitely is.

The way the game is designed certainly makes it feel like the grindy multiplayer bullshit was tacked on.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

They just announced that Kate is coming Dec 8th with her campaign focused around time travel and trying to save Clint and Clint is coming "early next year" with his campaign taking place in a future where the Maestro is in charge.

I'm laughing imagining Hawkeye vs the Maestro.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The bow and arrow guys always beat the big mega villains.

Maestro killed Superman. Hawkeye would be hosed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

70 dollar DLC Miles Morales.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I love co-op gameplay, there was a pretty dark period in gaming in the 2000s where basically no game was co-op, even series that had traditionally always been.

Gotham Knights looks like garbage though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah it's not good when it's a transparent attempt to extend a single player game's lifespan with multiplayer "online challenges".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1363679490912776192

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

okay but how much of that is symbiote padding

Eddie works out, I'd like to think the only enhancement the suit's providing is making the booty shiny.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Actual footage of Eddie's workout routine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

A Flash game, but it's a puzzle where you "freeze time" and set things up like Quicksilver did in those X-Men movies to beat the baddies

Fake edit: Flash the character, not the terrible, dead tech

I think you could do a AAA version of what this surprisingly fun GBA game did with Flash where his powers are a combination of rushdown enemy seeking attacks, weird silver age super moves and the obligatory bullet time, all kept in check by a speed force meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHeXTFKw9RY

Add an open world and the ability to go into superspeed mode to get around the map and you've got a game.

E: This guy's playing in the most boring way possible lol.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 23, 2021

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The saga continues

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I can't quite remember but either Birds of Prey or Little Women was the last movie I saw in a theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Telltale's downfall had a lot more to do with a horrible work environment than lack of money.