Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should be noted Injustice 2's release date is a bit up in the air because it's being hit by the voice actor strike, for WB Games being evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

The Spiderman game is also probably getting hit due to Insomniac being evil which is sad since that is one of the companies that got me into video games with the Ratchet and Clank games.

If they're using union actors.

Only 1/4 of productions do. Injustice has just specifically been mentioned as affected.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McCloud posted:

Do you have any more infor on this? On the working conditions of WB games that is. I don't mind injustice being delayed as long as the voice actors get decent working conditions.

There's no specific info on individual publishers. Evil was just a joke, WB is probably not any worse than most. It's just that conditions for voice actors kind of suck overall.

The main issues in the strike are residual pay, and safety. Voice actors don't currently get any kind of performance bonuses, and often don't even get told what the game they're working on is. And there are issues with vocal damage from some kinds of recording sessions, mostly the scream/grunt/etc. fill-in sounds.

Some games with strike targeted publishers are in the clear though. I guess maybe because the developers of these games give the actors better conditions? Like the Lego and Batman games are fine, but some other WB stuff isn't. EA's on the strike list, but Andromeda is okay.

But also like I mentioned this union only represents about 1/4 of the industry. Some games are just continuing with non-union actors.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nilbop posted:

Telltale almost always use their own in-house team or whatever, don't they?

That seems likely, yeah. The exceptions to the strike probably do in-house VA work with better conditions.

If you look up the list you'll see a lot of studios use 3rd party VA facilities based on the names.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And they can just use non-union actors anyway. There's tons of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Injustice 2 is "confirmed" for May.

http://twitter.com/noobde/status/817487071438848000

But still only has about 8 announced characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Injustice's Facebook account announced something for the 17th.

Info dump probably, with a release date so soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The injustice thing was a trailer, presumably for the story. I'm at work so I didn't watch it.

Trailer reveals Darkseid and Brainiac are in. Darkseid's the preorder bonus though so he's probably not part of the story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, I just saw there's a character reveal countdown on the official website. Just under 21 days, so like 10am eastern on the 7th.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The website has 20 mystery boxes for characters. If it's not a placeholder, that means 15 more since the reveals from this trailer aren't included yet.

And there will be at least 9 DLC characters based on the premium editions. Preorder page mentions skins for Flash, Green Lantern and Supergirl that turn them into Reverse Flash, John Stewart and Power Girl with new voices and dialogue. So that's another way to bring in even more characters.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 17, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

redbackground posted:

It's just so weird to watch a sword slice a person a million times and there be no actual damage. It might as well just be a stick.

They're on Superman pills.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently it's a new partnership, the Avengers is just the first being announced.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dick Grayson died before the first game.

Nightwing was Damien.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Original universe Nightwing is still alive in the game actually. It's Injustice Dick that's dead.

So they could have both in the game still. Seems like a waste of a slot though, he could just be an alternate skin for Damian now that they're doing more elaborate changes for some.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 27, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They haven't revealed enough to say.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Canary announced for Injustice.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/02/02/injustice-2-black-canary-gameplay-reveal-trailer-ign-first

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This is the first announcement that really fucks with the Injustice comic thing, isn't it?

The Black Canary from the A universe is still around.

The comic only deals with the Injustice universe characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There may also be an Arrow skin for her. Katie Cassidy posted about doing some game work ages ago and nothing has come out with her in it since.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe she brings alternate Oliver and the baby to visit his aunts and uncles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Mmmm, depends. She had several years of peace away from Crazy-rear end Superman, maybe she just decided to pitch in for this new situation.

I don't recall the splits in the first game, but I think that it was basically the Universe A people who did all the work. So after everyone goes home, Injustice Batman's a little shorthanded.

If Brainiac/Supergirl/Atrocitus/whover all show up he might get desperate for manpower.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another trailer out today confirms Cheetah, and Catwoman who I think was in an earlier trailer briefly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DExgqV3tj0

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You must have clicked the comic book forum by accident.

The only comic book hero who doesn't have the same body as everyone else is Squirrel Girl, because she's chubby.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

Scarecrow apparently leaked for Injustice 2? Do they have enough Batman characters?

Also Green Lantern and Cyborg, but that's not all that surprising.

A bunch of still unannounced characters have been hinted in previous trailers. Scarecrow was one of them.

Captain Cold is another I remember. And Dr. Fate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not bad. It only takes like 15 minutes to do everything for the day, so I still play it.

Did you play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes? It's the same kind of game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

it's fine, they're all on super pills.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sony doesn't actually have any video game rights to Spider-Man from their movie contract.

This is a separate deal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's an FAQ on their forums actually.

It's a port, but missing some of the content (nothing major, the stuff they took out isn't played very much.)

Coming to Xbox later.

No connection to PC servers or accounts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

In the Catwoman trailer, Harley says "Me, you, Kate and Babs" and I can only assume she means Kate Kane meaning Batwoman is going to be a character in Injustice 2?

She's listed as a premium skin for Batman on the roster leak, which has thus far been spot on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes.

In Canada, the $100 digital only version comes with Powergirl, 3 DLC fighters (unnamed) and a shader. The $130 version comes with that, plus 6 extra DLC fighters, one more shader, and Reverse Flash and John Stewart premium skins.

They'll be available a la carte later I'm sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There were 2 leaks, from what I can tell.

One was most of the main roster and has been 100% correct so far. The only remaining name on it is the Joker.

The other was just premium skins, like the CW characters voiced by their actors and some other stuff. Batwoman was on the second list. This one could still be fake, since nothing on it has been confirmed yet.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 18, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Freeze is not officially confirmed, but his skin is briefly visible in a menu in a released video.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but that's all Dr. Manhattan's fault.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If there were going to be any X-Men I think we'd have seen one by now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

This design is utterly awful

Yeah, it's great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhonne posted:

The whole story of the first game was about Injustice Batman pulling over all the heroes from the good universe to fix things So it's totally possible, but from what little I've seen of this one so far, they seem to be keeping mostly to their own universe.

The only alternate universe stuff in this one is Dr. Fate bringing Canary back. Nobody with that kind of power would want Joker back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Green Arrow (from the Injustice Universe) was also killed by Superman (in the Injustice Year One comic.) and was referenced in the game as being dead.

He's in this game and back from the dead. And in fact in this video he even straight up says this in his opening to Captain Cold.

https://youtu.be/ZwjfOp-YMzE

That's a different Green Arrow. He's the one from the universe Black Canary was sent to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/c8lxjTJ.gifv

Everything about Flash in this one is awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've also basically confirmed Black Manta and Raiden with the most obvious silhouettes ever.

I don't have speakers on this computer, does it actually say the DLC will be out right away?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're already talking about a second set of DLC. As long as it doesn't bomb it's likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Capcom started strong, then lost a bunch of people in 2005 and started to backslide, which wasn't helped by the general malaise of the rest of the Japanese games industry. Capcom's still got some talent, and their games usually end up doing well, but their reputation's in the toilet.

Netherrealm started weak, coasting off controversy, and kind of made two good games (MK2, arguably Shaolin Monks) over the course of 19 years before they finally figured something out with MK9. If you're being very generous, you can even spot them MKvDC, which has tremendous balance problems but a decent story mode, and is the first version of the new systems that were refined in MK9 and Injustice.

Technically Netherrealm's first game was the 2011 Mortal Kombat. Netherrealm is Midway combined with a WB team, so it's hard to say how much influence that had on the final product.