Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/the-end-of-expression-a-conversation-with-rick-alverson-and-gregg-turkington/

I guess not liking Alverson's work enough to stick with it is intentional on his part. I couldn't get anyone to watch this movie with me in a theater - well, only my girlfriend at the time, and that was only because we were nearby already. It was the only place it was playing for hundreds of miles and we were 2 of the 4 people in the theater. I had already rented it on iTunes because it had a simultaneous digital and indie-theatrical release.

It's hard to imagine another topic besides clinical depression per se which would keep people from watching the movie. It's not about infidelity, like Closer (directed by Nichols) or violence like all of those movies about violence or suicide like all those movies about suicide (OK I don't watch movies about violence or suicide much).

What other movies do you love but you can't watch again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The couple stabbing scene makes it unlikely Ill ever watch Zodiac again OP.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I loved every second of Hunger, but I honestly don't think I'll be able to watch it again for a long time. The definition of heart-wrenching.

Tokyo Story is in the same boat.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Come and See is up there, though I definitely will watch that movie again and feel all nauseous and unnerved and that will probably be the last time.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
It's 'Capturing the Friedmans'.

• Locked thread