Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

oh also the chaos; games aren't related to the steins; games in any way, they don't take place in the same world.

nah chaos head takes place in the same world as steins gate, although it doesn't amount to much more than a few throwaway references to the Committee of 300 in each game (which are axed in the anime)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

seems like it could be too many, but heck, what do i know

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

No one's probably actually gonna boycott something because of a bait and switch announcement and they generate far more buzz that way

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

aoty joker game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Parallax posted:

i'm doing anime awards, some sample categories are "best shin-chan movie i watched this year" and "best 52 episode anime from the 80s that i watched 3 episodes of and then forgot about"

what are the nominees

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Click the number of posts

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

flip flappers and hand shakers, the two shows announced alongside each other, one went on to become legend and the other is going to become a show even less people will watch

cant believe hand shakers is going to become legend

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lol fuukas this season? I'm glad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no, because languages are different and often express concepts and ideas in different ways

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

I feel like her response would've made sense if the reason for leaving her behind was out of something that diminished her identity as a brave soldier of the Empire

quote:

the situation was whether she had the physical energy to carry on without compromising the unit

its not an expression you'd use in english really but it makes sense as you describe it?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

how is it that hand shakers and flip flappers were announced on the same day, both with silly names by studios nobody's heard of, and have already ended up being polar opposites of each other

yeah, handshakers turned out good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think i already did that troll

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

anime belongs to fujoshi now, and hell, im glad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hmmm

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the new show has been especially dire but berserks art is such that even the most well intentioned of adaptations isn't gonna match up

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

No

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

steins;gate zero is nearly as good as steins;gate

but yeah the secret to the ; series is that the writers aren't really that similar across the series. there's one guy that's in all of them but he doesn't seem to be the lead guy in any of them, and the other writers are a revolving door.

Agreed but the way they phrased it made me think they were referring to the non stein games

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i still havent finished the first seiren arc but it cant be worse then rihoko's in amagami

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

woah gently caress a dungeon meshi anime im on board

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Srice posted:

I don't think I can lay down rigid terms for what moe anime is but heck, I know it when I sees it.

Ah, Jacobellis v. Moehio

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Interviews with Monster Girls isn't moe. The main character is a middle-aged man.

I fail to see the contradiction

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the real issue with ngnl is that it isn't nearly as smart as it thinks it is

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That's why I said the real issue is that it's not as smart as it thinks it is. The shiratori game is decent but the first game is basically Calvinball and the last one is won through an uninteresting rear end pull. It's not a good battle of wits type show

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I wouldn't find it relatable if all the female characters weren't in love with the MC

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

kater posted:

???

There was a sister in SNAFU?

Also best character was baggage free freshman, Icky should just ditched the sad squad and go hang out with her.

wow negative komachi points right here

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Although you're right about iroha being the best so hmm

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dogsicle posted:

give up on there being good berserk anime adaptations already jesus christ

you're not gonna get something that nearly matches the quality of the art on a tv budget/production schedule/whatever you want to call it anyway

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

:whitewater:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, judging by the key visual and summary, it looks like the folks behind sin: Nanatsu no Taizai decided that the best way to improve on 'bland high school student is surrounded by cute superpowered girls with big boobs' as a concept was to make the bland high school student a cute girl with big boobs as well.

I, for one, respect them for that.

it looks bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

not one, not two, but three Eureka Seven movies got announced

https://twitter.com/EUREKA_HI_EVO/status/842572582972874752

...:toot:?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

on further research, apparently it's a recap, but is gonna start as a prequel showing the first summer of love that was only ever mentioned, then recapping the series proper. also new ending i guess. Weird

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-17/eureka-seven-gets-film-trilogy-set-a-decade-earlier-with-new-hardfloor-song/.113546

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

So apparently Yuujo Senki, Kemono Friends, and ACCA all have had major upwards drifts in their MAL score from when they first aired. Kemono Friends went from 4 to 6, ACCA from 6.9 to 7.4, and Yuujo Senki went from allegedly 7.3 to breaking 8.

An interesting season in terms of upward reassessment.

kemono friends still too low

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

but also who cares about MAL scores

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

So did she ever get hit by a truck or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

March lion