Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motion to skip winter 2017 and immediately move to spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are announcements for announcements all the time and a lot of them are for merch. Just best to not get your hopes up until the actual announcement happens

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I boycott garbage that way all the time.

I don't care if it makes me a sperg, there are certain things I want and when creators taunt me it does not want to make me give them money :colbert:

Boycotting something due to merch the creators aren't involved with sounds like a flawless plan.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I care deeply about the results of the crunchyroll poll and the kids' choice awards, thank you very much

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'm gonna do this. I'll avoid the manga too.

This isn't getting into extreme fanservice ecchi stuff is it? I'd prefer heartbreak and the feels.

It's definitely not the former.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If you're thinking: Gee, I don't have anything to watch this season and I don't know what to do with my life!

Then I have the thread for you, friend.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That wasn't the intent of my post aaaaaaa

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Clarste posted:

Someow I doubt that translation monkeys would be considered "core staff" in a business like this though.

Yeah it's definitely something that's handled contractually instead of full time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm glad of getting another chance so soon, but also wary.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

You know in your heart, the real reason for this is probably because idols and idol merchandise is hotter than ever, so it just makes monetary sense.

Frontier sold very well, both its merch and its music, but after the two movies they were dead silent until Delta.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

maybe it won't even have idols

I miss when they'd vary the music with each iteration.

I'll accept the compromise of, idols that sing something besides pop.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean that was only because there was like a decade between each one and what was popular changed.

Yeah and it was good! Less than a decade tho since even the OVAs they'd put out had different kinds of music.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am 1000% down with a Mahoujin Guru Guru reboot.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't think I can lay down rigid terms for what moe anime is but heck, I know it when I sees it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tenchi Muyo somehow keeps existing. I don't even know who watches them.

Megazone (or at least the first two parts) rules but it's definitely far on my "needs a reboot" list. Especially if it lacks the 80s fashion!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm not sure a TV series would be able to replicate the transition from part 1 to 2 in the same cool way either. Since, for those who don't know, both parts had entirely different staff, to the point where even the character designs are p different.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Everyone should check out parts 1 and 2 of Megazone 23, basically. Can easily be done in a single day and they hold up well enough.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wielder posted:

Megazone 23 had a great concept and executed it decently enough, but mostly thrived on sheer style. Not to mention those cool transforming bikes. I believe there was also a very awkward sex scene for some reason and that probably helped popularize another infamous OVA trend.

I don't remember much about the second OVA other than it was pretty different, so I'll trust the people saying it was good in its own way, but the third one felt weird and almost completely unrelated to the initial premise. If they're going to make a remake, I hope they find a nice balance between paying direct homage and doing their own thing in an interesting way.

Yah the third one suffers from telling a much more generic story & having literally unfinished animation in some spots.

I'm hoping they can find an interesting new angle with a remake, that still keeps up the spirit of the original. The way part 1 ends is cool but I'd like to see them try a different type of unexpected ending in a remake.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

How do we get them a better animator

We don't

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm not sure if I could be a friend to a Kemono Friends with good animation...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beelerzebub posted:

So a thing about animal girls continues, but we still can't get a good adaptation of Berserk. Thanks, Obama.

I'm guessing you haven't actually watched Kemono Friends, otherwise you wouldn't be saying this.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I basically said that because it's hella silly to complain about a cheap CG anime getting a second season(?) when a good Berserk adaption would take significantly more time and resources!

Kemono Friends of all things being placed in that either/or hypothetical situation is an odd choice!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beelerzebub posted:

I have not. I assume it's good since you're saying this?

It's good but also the animation quality is kinda similar in scope to the new Berserk's, though since it's not a serious show it works better.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm gonna dig up episodes of the old Laughing Salesman anime to know if I should be excited

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Yuasa movies might not be available in English for awhile but with any luck the blu-ray of the Lupin movie by the Redline director will come with english subs when it lands, in May.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

It's good, even if it's more like a multi-part episode of a Lupin TV series.

Hell, that's what Jigen's Gravestone was and it ruled, so that's good news to me!

dogsicle posted:

the preorders said nothing about english subs though :(

:pray:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

but also who cares about MAL scores

A scoring system that lets people rate a show before it's over, is a bad one

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

One of the best anime of all time had truck death so heck, I'm pro-truck death

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Touch!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

esselfortium posted:

Scum's Wish is extremely good and I wish more people were talking about it. It's been my favorite of the season and might end up as my AOTY.

Noitamina stuff being locked behind freakin' Anime Strike is a deathblow to potential viewers unless it has reason to get a lot of hype before it airs.

• Locked thread