Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
SQL for Smarties is good as an intermediate/advanced reference. i'd been doing sql poo poo for years and learned stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
so are you ceo yet

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

JawnV6 posted:

one time, as a result of delaying selecting an option for a work bonus, i ended up with $1400 in olive garden gift cards

fuckin' owned

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

qhat posted:

Managing people owns until you end up managing people who consistently fail to do what is asked of them

that's when you're supposed to PDP them and/or fire them

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
firing somebody is an absolutely wretched feeling 99% of the time, agreed.

sometimes ya gotta jettison the dead weight tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
tech screened a mid-20's guy today for a dev position... he was so far up his own rear end in a top hat it was like, and im not exaggerating here, interviewing donald loving trump

some choice quotes:

- "I joined a GameJam team because they needed a composer; I have zero music experience but it was actually really easy and the music turned out great! I wrote an article about it and it was really popular!"
- "I wrote a (e)book and it was really popular!"
- "I was into tech stack X when it was version 0.10."
- "I still commit code to my current project even though I'm product lead and like part owner of the "company" (aka a side-project of a massive bank). I even do pull requests and code reviews like the other devs!"

and he just fuckin' rambled on and on with no focus the entire fuckin time.

oh and he decided to use Ruby on Rails as the backend for their greenfield project 18 months ago? who the gently caress still uses rails for new things

ive met some devs with big egos but goddamn dude

• Locked thread