Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Boiled Water posted:

if you've been piss tested then the company you work for is garbage, possibly because it's in a garbage country

:agreed:

lol that this is normal in the USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

how bad is it to have no degree? rn i'm putting $university $timespan $course on my resume despite dropping out, i wonder how hosed i'll be when it comes to applying for another job after 3+ years of paid computer touching

i mean i doubt most people give a poo poo but still

EU if it makes a diff, none of this background check poo poo here lol

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

leper khan posted:

US person with a degree

I don't think anyone cares beyond the HR filter stage, so maybe knowing people becomes more important? You'll definitely run into some companies that will bin your resume if you send it cold.

fair, tbh

my resume looks similar to someone who didn't put their GPA on; im just not explicitly claiming i graduated

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

the UK kinda sucks to live in tbh

i moved away and its p good, quality of life + figgies + infrastructure is much better elsewhere

brexit may well throw a spanner in the works for me tho

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

jealous :smith:

i'll be eligible for permanent residency / citizenship here 6mo after brexit kicks in, which will probably be fine but its still a bit worrying. also if you get citizenship you have to renounce your original citizenship unless you're married/civil partnership which makes it less appealing :/

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Classical Muzak posted:

You want to see some poo poo? I help maintain / write a ColdFusion MVC app.

In 2017.

Thank loving god the porting effort is going well.

didn't know there were other yosposters @ my company :waycool:

(fortunately i havent done any CF work for over 2.5 years, its good)

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

qhat posted:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E85302&minBedrooms=2&maxPrice=400000&sortType=1

FYI Woodford is one of the better places in London to live. Also ignore all the home wise poo poo, that's retirement properties and they list way underneath the market.

i had a mate from woodford/chingford and he called it hoodford and had stories of getting chased around estates

also i think he knew IDS but that's a different story

anyway don't live in London, it's poo poo

i earn like 1/3rd less in NL than my mate in London and I have a 2 bed flat to myself, he lives with 2-3 roomates

i have a 15 min commute by bike, same by metro if its raining; he has to get 2 buses and is always complaining about missing them

oh and don't get me started on poo poo pubs with poo poo beer for poo poo prices

gently caress london

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

its not just london, its the whole country

everyone drinks lovely carling/carlsberg/etc as opposed to local bitters, which aren't.. that great but are passable (and other styles but mostly bitters)

tbh kronenburg/stella/peroni are the upmarket slightly-not-piss ones

and if you're paying £4 for a pint in London you're doing alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

gf did the study abroad thing in london and her favorite pub in someplace called king's cross had a £5 pint and pie deal. issat near enough to London to count?

kings cross is very central, this counts. thats quite a good deal tbh

• Locked thread