Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

also the test was 4 programming questions with no way to test/run them and the "syntax highlighting" in the text window only highlighted whatever it felt like
writing c# freehand is a pain in the dick when i only ever write it using the One True IDE Visual Studio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

School of How posted:

if this actually happens, then wouldn't it also happen in other industries? have you ever heard of a doctor having another doctor tell him the answers during a phine interview? an accountant being told the answers by another accountant? a plumber with another plumber telling the answers to a plumber taking a phone interview?

i can confirm it happens with accountants
source: in-law is a CPA

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

a federal job i applied to asked for and called all my references before i did a phone interview. they were asked about specific technologies i knew but none of them were computer touchers that knew what i did/used. about 5 months later i got an e-mail saying they decided not to hire anyone.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

aaaaaag the waiting

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

my linkedin profile is a picture of a cat with my skills/interests as "cats, baking, .NET" and i still get recruiters messaging me, usually about F# stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

programming embedded showed me that you can simulate some kind of state machine by throwing an ugly switch statement inside a for-loop
at least i think thats what it was supposed to be

• Locked thread