Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got my job via cronyism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lancemantis posted:

maybe we should start having candidates start wearing some pretty pink panties during their on-sites

i mean if they really want the job at Such A Prestigious Company they should be willing to submit to whatever hazing we choose, for whatever underlying motivations we might have for them

its harder to program with a boner. pretty good idea, like goku wearing weighted clothing? next tier should be programming while under the desk of a pantyhose-laden babe. senior positions bark out their codes while strapped to a st andrews cross in a spiked chastity cage and getting flogged/electrocuted by a cadre of latex clad hr millenial vixens. needless to say if you can master Pwning by Logic under those circumstances, the holiday rush will be a breeze. some strats i learned while getting my mba at pepperdine. hth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

poty posted:

have a second phone under the desk and wear a bluetooth earpiece under long hair. checkmate

*adjusting my loise brooks bob wig, straightening tie, spritzing binacca* Game time.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

right? i have a couple nucs hooked up around my house as "media centers", but i just leave my main pc turned on with the folders that have the medias in them shared so you can open them from the nucs. anything more than that is loving overkill for home use.

Fail. Insanely fail. What the gently caress?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i been at my work for 9 years rip

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

This

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

i legit put time into looking at becoming a sex worker

niteflirt.com, clips4sale.com my friend. easy cash.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

you should know that HFT will get you the most money though so go use some f#/ocaml

u ever think about what incredible horse poo poo hft is? jiggling some bits around to summon money from the ether? remember the "flash crash" when some bad software did some cascade reaction and they rolled back the market? i remember. lol. Cool.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
not really app. for this thread (the job hunting thread) but i just want to put out there, into the world, that the buyers and sellers of paper products need to be launched into orbit and reduced to the universe's base elements by the incredible weapons of the Culture - bringing to bear the awesome power of Gridfire to break their very atoms down into the pre-cosmic sub-dust from whence they came in the time before the cosmos knew mass.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

nah I want real cock in vag action here

not sure dude no xp in that field. good luck tho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol no one is desperate enough to gently caress your thirsty rear end

Wrong.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

please rank these p-languages on the following scale: "Crucial", "Clutch", "It Is What It Is", "Problematic", or "Vader At Mustafar"

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

yeah come in a sock lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

and after a while you always lose the mating one

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

minivanmegafun posted:

if some at my office ever again asks me to sign up for this I'm gonna cut someone

gently caress running forever, running sucks. why isn't there a J.P. Morgan bike a century fatass challenge

running is good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Better hearing it rather than smelling it. Too many people exercise in their work attire.

What?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MrMoo posted:

With a gym in the building I've seen this in CA a lot:

I live in Los Angeles for my whole life and I never done seen this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've never been inside a gym tho lol haha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

nobody wears a suit in California

i like to call slacks and a pastel button down the California Business Suit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

carry on then posted:

and this is where it gets iffy because i just don't know when i need to make the transition. people say im skinny but all i see when i look in the mirror is miles and miles of fat

Post a pic. I will decide.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

lol if every job youve ever had wasnt obtained via gross nepotism/cronyism

this.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at least it is inside of its pizza parlors hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe