Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the purpose of your job is to get a better job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Jonny 290 posted:

Here's a good gently caress-you trivia bit for network janitor interviewers

Q: What public address prefix requires FCC licensing in order to use?

A: 44.0.0.0/8 is reserved for licensed amateur radio operators

are those addresses even globally routable? I remember hearing about how they're just used for routing on ham packet networks but they can't really even be used on the outside world

if so they should sell that IP block and use it to launch a hamsat into geosync

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

qntm posted:

what is an FAE

filling in as a Failure Analysis Engineer for a couple of months was probably the most fun I've ever had in my career

"figure out how customers broke their unit and figure out who is responsible for fixing the design"
"okay now go to the factory and figure out new ways that customers can break stuff"

• Locked thread