Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hahahahaha this is quintessential "I'm not mad it's actually funny to me. I'm laughing actually"

I'm a bit miffed because I have to deal with lovely cheeseheads in my personal life, but it's Monday now and I'm not going to let it ruin my day. My team is still winning their division and has a shot at the second seed in the playoffs. The season isn't over, and even if it was: life goes on. We have a fantastic MNF game ahead with two of the best teams in the AFC and I'll be at my favorite cigar lounge in San Jose watching it with my best friend. It's all good.:shrug:

I don't get why being able to recover from a football team losing a game in 24 hours is such a strange concept to you all. I thought Kawalimus was supposed to be the weirdo around here, not the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Packers suck imo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Lions have @Dallas, @NYG, and home against the Packers to close out their season. That's a really rough stretch and it wouldn't be surprising to see them lose all 3. Meanwhile the Packers get the Bears and the broke rear end Lions next. They could easily be tied at 9 wins each going into the Detroit game, and playing for control of the division with the loser not even getting a wild card spot because the NFC East is definitely getting one of those spots and the NFC south has a good shot to take the other.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would like to be in your weird parallel reality where Hillary Clinton is president elect and my dick is enormous

Request got garbled in transmission, now we have an enormous dick as president elect.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Packets suck imo

For real, the ones at my local deli never tear open, and when they do, the condiment just goes everywhere

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

cam newton is garbage

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hahahaha what the gently caress are you talking about? Even the article you posted says that the teams that won their 40-point blowouts were 10-5 in the following contests from 2009-2013, which is a 67% win percentage. Hell even in the listed games, right there in your post, the Seahawks won a 40-point blowout, then won another the following week

like you didn't even come up with something that supports your point

It says a 67% winning percentage, not a 100% except for the Seahawks. Seattle lost a game to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers at home. I fail to see why I should act like the sky is falling.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Giants, Packers (not in that order) would be my pick right now unless Rodgers is worse and Stafford is better, injury wise.

Only one of those teams is in the NFC North, soooo...

We're actually very happy, we gave up on the season weeks ago!

:crossarms:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

I thought you knew more about football than that. A few years ago this was common knowledge on the forum.

https://statsontapp.com/2014/09/25/the-week-following-a-40-point-blowout-game-in-the-nfl/amp/

Every team that has played this year has an embarrassing loss except for the Cowboys. Does that mean the entire NFL is garbage now and only Dallas is even average?

This is why Packers fans are the worst: you blew the Seahawks right out of your stadium and yet you're saltier about your win than we are about our loss. I'm so glad you're not even making the playoffs. 2016 was a good year after all.

I like how this article literally just ignores that the 49ers spanked the Jets 34-0 the week before the Bills game they listed by creating a 40 point win as a blowout to make it work.

Holy arbitrary data points.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The Packers don't have to rely on a bunch of flukey poo poo to nab a playoff spot. They could easily still make the playoffs. Obviously they could stumble, but it's not far fetched at all to see them take the NFCN. They've been playing as hot as anyone and are peaking at the right time.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i too am mad that chiche is not mad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

big money big clit posted:

Request got garbled in transmission, now we have an enormous dick as president elect.

Hillary... Enormous somehow became Hillary lost in a forest too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I like how this article literally just ignores that the 49ers spanked the Jets 34-0 the week before the Bills game they listed by creating a 40 point win as a blowout to make it work.

Holy arbitrary data points.

:ssh:, I'm trying to trick people into believing our season isn't lost yet.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Chichevache posted:

It says a 67% winning percentage, not a 100% except for the Seahawks. Seattle lost a game to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers at home. I fail to see why I should act like the sky is falling.

Only one of those teams is in the NFC North, soooo...

:crossarms:

Yes, the Packers were hot trash 6 weeks ago and are playing very well right now which, given this coaching staff, is pretty shocking. I'm just laughing that your "I'm not mad" argument included the Packers not making the playoffs as a reason you weren't mad. Though I'd prolly be p happy if the Seahawks missed!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Tonight isn't an especially important game but will give us some room for error so if we lose to Philly or Cincinnati(very possible), we'll still win the division. That is if we win in Pittsburgh, which I do not believe we will do. If we lose two of three to New England, Philadelphia, and Cincinnati then Pittsburgh wins the division even if they lose to us, as long as they beat Cincinnati and Cleveland.

If Pittsburgh beats us, then we have to win out(including tonight) and they have to lose to both Cincinnati and Cleveland.

Pittsburgh will almost certainly win the AFC North.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

cam newton is garbage

Not to be confused with the garbage he is wearing

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yes, the Packers were hot trash 6 weeks ago and are playing very well right now which, given this coaching staff, is pretty shocking. I'm just laughing that your "I'm not mad" argument included the Packers not making the playoffs as a reason you weren't mad. Though I'd prolly be p happy if the Seahawks missed!

Fair enough. We will see how Stafford and the Lions do with that injury.

I've been maintaining all season that their current trajectory is unsustainable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/808418713036853248

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Yer just gonna keep beating this drum, huh?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Firing the coach with a short week coming up? What an odd move, does kronke already have a coaching search target in mind?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Chichevache posted:

Fair enough. We will see how Stafford and the Lions do with that injury.

I've been maintaining all season that their current trajectory is unsustainable.

Me too and I hope you're right! :smith:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

weird Asian candy posted:

Yer just gonna keep beating this drum, huh?

Neither of these posts are wrong

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh nice

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/808424735604441089

quote:

The Pro Bowl Skills Showdown, pitting AFC and NFC All-Stars against each other in unique competitions, will air during Pro Bowl Week on Thursday, January 26 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN, the NFL announced today.

The Skills Showdown is a part of the re-imagined Pro Bowl Week, culminating in the 2017 Pro Bowl, which features a return to the traditional AFC vs. NFC format following three years using a revised, "unconferenced" structure.

The 2017 Pro Bowl Legends Captains, JEROME BETTIS and RAY LEWIS of the AFC and TONY GONZALEZ and CHARLES WOODSON of the NFC, will lead their respective squads.

Each team in the Skills Showdown will feature a mix of quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linemen, linebackers, and defensive backs.

Taking place at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports in Orlando, the Skills Showdown will be produced by A. Smith & Co. Productions, producers of such shows as American Ninja Warrior and Hell’s Kitchen.

Competitions include:

Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball: Pro Bowlers will compete in a game of dodgeball.

Power Relay Challenge: Four team members will compete in a timed relay race.
Precision Passing: Two players on each team will battle it out, trying to hit moving targets of varying size and distance.

Best Hands: Quarterback and wide receiver duos from each team will show off their skills, connecting on as many pass attempts as possible before time runs out.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol pretty sure Tony G. and Chuck Woodson should represent the afc

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

YES.

Now play the actual Pro-Bowl game with mascots instead of players and it will be perfect.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Mascots vs. Mascots or Mascots vs. Kids?

I'm fine with either, btw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Now just don't play the pro bowl game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

Best Hands: Quarterback and wide receiver duos from each team will show off their skills, connecting on as many pass attempts as possible before time runs out.

I know they mean each pro bowl team, but I had a terrible image of Alex Smith throwing WR screens and two yard outs as fast as possible to Albert Wilson.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kawalimus posted:

Tonight isn't an especially important game but will give us some room for error so if we lose to Philly or Cincinnati(very possible), we'll still win the division. That is if we win in Pittsburgh, which I do not believe we will do. If we lose two of three to New England, Philadelphia, and Cincinnati then Pittsburgh wins the division even if they lose to us, as long as they beat Cincinnati and Cleveland.

If Pittsburgh beats us, then we have to win out(including tonight) and they have to lose to both Cincinnati and Cleveland.

Pittsburgh will almost certainly win the AFC North.

I don't really have a lot of confidence in the Patriots beating the Ravens this time around. You can look at the records and the Vegas odds and DVOA or whatever, but I have a bad feeling about it, which I haven't had about any game this year other than the "Our backup quarterback has no thumb" game. It feels like they are due to lose a close game to a team they always hate playing.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok everyone calm the gently caress down and remember how long a season is.

Jesus. Packers lost 4 in a row and the Midwest went into a meltdown.

They will probably beat out the Redskins for the 6th seed.

:suicide:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jags have officially went a full year without a win at home http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/12/11/13915432/jaguars-go-one-full-calendar-year-without-a-win-at-home :toot:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Every week, posters try to project LWB's insufferable nature onto other Seahawks fans because he never even responds to any of your attempts at burning him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 12, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Hahahahaha fantastic news.

I like that the NFL has gotten so lovely that just giving back what everyone complained about losing feels like a huge victory

seiferguy posted:

Every week, posters try to project LWB's insufferable nature onto other Seahawks fans because he never even responds to any of your attempts at burning him.

It's astounding how badly LWB and AAC soiled TFF on Seahawks posters considering that every other one is cool and good. Even Chiche.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 12, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sean10mm posted:

I don't really have a lot of confidence in the Patriots beating the Ravens this time around. You can look at the records and the Vegas odds and DVOA or whatever, but I have a bad feeling about it, which I haven't had about any game this year other than the "Our backup quarterback has no thumb" game. It feels like they are due to lose a close game to a team they always hate playing.

I actually think we have a real good shot at winning. The Patriots are still the favorite in my mind, but especially without Gronkowski and Amendola I think the Ravens could wind up taking this one if we have a halfway decent performance on offense, which is always up in the air.

It's just not that important of a game in the grand scheme of things.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Yeah the Ravens are well coached and not dumb. I don't have a good feeling though about why they've been so hit or miss this year so maybe they show up, maybe they don't.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The Seahawks own and are gonna be the #2 seed. People call us front runners because their teams don't win poo poo and they mad.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

evilweasel posted:

Yeah the Ravens are well coached and not dumb. I don't have a good feeling though about why they've been so hit or miss this year so maybe they show up, maybe they don't.

I don't think their offense will show up, it hasn't most of the year. But their defense, especially pass d, is so good it's been enough to win games. However, I think New England's offense will be able to scratch out enough points to win this one, particularly at home.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rasham Salaam's brother believes he had CTE:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/11/rashaan-salaam-cte-brain-suicide-colorado-heisman/95312570/

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The Seahawks own and are gonna be the #2 seed. People call us front runners because their teams don't win poo poo and they mad.

The loss of ET3 is analogous to the Pats losing Gronk, and no one fears them at all right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Will Smith's killer: Not guilty of criminal damage, guilty of manslaughter, guilty of attempted manslaughter.

• Locked thread