Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Late to the discussion but if the bills are going to trash a league average QB on a cheap deal because he's not Philip Rivers they're loving stupid and deserve everything they'll get with Cardale Jones playing school

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh to have Jeff Fisher's total lack of self awareness.

https://twitter.com/thejackwang/status/805945464478543872

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

quote:

'This is not about race,' said a defiant Normand, who banged on his podium multiple times while delivering his remarks, during which he fired off racial and homophobic slurs when describing the way his staff had been attacked by members of the public.

Then, while taking questions, he began to reference black-on-black crime statistics, using these as an example of why public outcry about this white-on-black shooting is misguided.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It was pretty surreal to see, in 2016, Chan Gailey telling Ryan Fitzpatrick to hand the ball off to CJ Spiller.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just what we need, The Patriot Way in the White House:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I know it's easy to say now, but Todd Bowles always seemed to me like he was in way over his head as a head coach. He just doesn't really have much of presence.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Hell, there's Patriots fans who loathe the Bills more then anything.

Like unless some toothless allentown methhead in a Thurman Thomas jersey tried to powerbomb your child into the bed of a Chevy, how could you hate those guys?

Props for knowing an actual district of downtown Buffalo, drat.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

PLEASE

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills Twitter is now posting highlight clips of Cardale Jones in preseason and talking about how great his pocket presence was in a game where he threw an interception to a third-string DB on the Giants.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't really have much to say except I really hate Trump's America: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...itten-on-walls/

quote:

Nikita Whitlock called for an end to “oppression, violence, racism, hatred” the day after vandals scrawled racist messages on the walls of his Bergen County, N.J., apartment during a break-in.

Whitlock, a 25-year-old running back for the New York Giants, found “KKK,” “Go back to Africa,” “f—— n—–” and a swastika were left behind in his basement apartment while he, his wife and two young children were out Tuesday evening.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Bills are dumb, Chapter 258:

This has really been a fantastic season for scapegoating a good offense.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Andy Reid needs a Super Bowl ring.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The Jets were SO STUPID not to hire him in '13.

The Around the NFL podcast today noted that Rex's Week 15 and 17 victories in his final season with the Jets knocked them out of position to draft Winston or Mariota.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay, but for real, what the gently caress is with Belichick and his receivers?

https://twitter.com/en_cohen/status/807349177445453824

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/807303474060914688

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ian Rappoport posted:

If the Bills decide Taylor is not their quarterback of the future, expect them to be active in the veteran quarterback market with a possible eye on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick also could be on their radar.

This might be something of a hot take, but I think Tyrod Taylor is a better quarterback than Colin Kaepernick.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I almost sort of want the Bills to lose so they can just release me from emotional investment in this season, but now I have to seriously worry about them letting go of Tyrod.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

La Canfora so grain of salt it, but

quote:

The Bills are 6-6 but mired in internal turmoil and dissension again, and Rex Ryan's tenure at coach is believed to be nearing an end, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

It would take an overwhelming performance down the stretch for Ryan to be back in 2017, the sources said, and he could be out as soon as Monday, depending on the team's results against Pittsburgh.

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor is losing the support of the front office and could soon be benched as well.

lol jesus

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Benne posted:

What exactly would firing Rex and starting Cardale Jones accomplish at this point :confused:

The most popular player on a team is the third-string, inactive quarterback.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

h/t: Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News

quote:

A power struggle appears to be at the root of reports of the potential coaching change for the Buffalo Bills, The News has learned.

According to NFL sources, coach Rex Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley are at odds over the future of quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Ryan wants Taylor to remain the Bills' starter for the balance of this season and beyond, the sources said, while Whaley would like to see rookie Cardale Jones start the final three games after Sunday's clash with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

CBS Sports' Jason La Confora reported Sunday that the Bills could fire Ryan as early as Monday, depending on the outcome of the Pittsburgh game.

If so, according to league sources, offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn would take over for the balance of the season and possibly beyond. NFL sources say that, in the interest of continuity, team owners Terry and Kim Pegula want Lynn to guide the team while keeping Whaley and the player-personnel staff intact.

In the interest of continuity, the continuity we desperately need for a team we think is going in the wrong direction, we are going to fire the head coach and starting QB.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

got any sevens posted:

Bills should bring back Tuel time

No

Chris James 2 posted:

Bring back Kyle Orton

I'd allow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A funny thing I just remembered is that the Rams don't have their first- or third-round picks this year.

• Locked thread