Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He is. They should honestly just release him today because he serves no other purpose on the team.

At least he's trying. They should release the guys who don't have any interest in playing starting with Revis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Releasing Revis ruins their cap right? I think he's set the stage to uh 'gracefully' retire in the offseason to free the Jets from that.

They should probably just IR him though.

They are on the hook for 6M next year for him no matter what and there is ZERO chance he's going to walk away from that. When has Revis ever walked away from a red cent?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah there's no point in releasing him now unless they need the roster spot.

Of course there is a point. Send a message the disgraceful way in which he's playing is not going to be tolerated.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This press conference on the McKnight case is something else.
http://www.katc.com/story/33941581/jpso-to-hold-press-conference-update-on-joe-mcknight-case

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

swickles posted:

If thats the bar then the Jets wouldn't be able to field a team.

There is a difference between bad play and players mailing games in.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Good gently caress Spiller for taking reps from Bilal Powell. Also gently caress our coaching staff for taking reps from Bilal Powell.

Forte had a 40 yard catch and run and not one more catch for the rest of the game. That is worse than Spillers 2 carries.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

We hire the opposite of what we just fired and since Rex had "a presence", albeit a lovely one that continually got him crucified in the media, we went in the opposite direction.

I really don't care that Bowles let the media know before Fitz because whatever. It's not like they need to maintain the relationship; he's gone.

I don't care about how lovely Bowles is in press conferences at all or his bad optics. The product on the field and his decisions in game are what looks bad for him. NTM the awful staff he hired which is one of my bigger criticisms of his.

Diva Cupcake posted:

We'll gently caress up the Haley and Shula negotiations and hire Darrell Bevell instead.

NO MORE hotshot assistant who have no HC experience. They need someone with some level of gravitas. I wouldn't even fire Bowles unless they can get a coach with a proven track record.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 7, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The other thing that annoys me about Bowles is that I don't think he's any more involved in the offense than Rex was which is just not what good HC's do.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why would you think he'd be any better than Bowles?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Well he's an offensive coach so he'd at least suck in a different fashion. I think Haley could possibly be a pretty decent hire in the right situation. I kinda doubt the Jets are the right situation though.

Not indicative of his coaching but I noticed last week he's gone full mountain man with a huge beard.

If we're talking about a lateral move I would just as soon give Bowles another year. I think that is what they are going to do too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm actually kinda of fine with Bowles for now. But Haley or Coughlin would be decent options should Woody take his cue from the back pages again and fire him.

Haley came up with the Jets
and is a solid offensive guy. His father was a Jets guy. It's not the worst fit to allow him to develop a QB.

Why is that a good thing?

Also gently caress bringing in a 70 year old Giants retread. I think Bowles is a bad coach but I don't want either of those guys replacing him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who has the worst QB situation headed into the off season?

Texans, 49ers, Browns or Jets?

Texans, not close.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/806924678543638528

Fire

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Jets are shutting down C Nick Mangold.

He deserved better. Was a great player for a long time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

IDK. I like the 9AM games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Move to the west coast so you get 10am games always.

That seems like the best part of living out there...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Don't you live in jersey?

Yup.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah cali would be a serious downgrade

Southern Cal sucks. I'm there every year and I despise it. Northern Cal is a possibility but it's too expensive.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Different strokes different folks. I love the sun and sea, not so much blowout haircuts, fake tanner and murder.

I'm pretty good at avoiding all that stuff.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Andy Reid needs a Super Bowl ring.

The Jets were SO STUPID not to hire him in '13.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

The Around the NFL podcast today noted that Rex's Week 15 and 17 victories in his final season with the Jets knocked them out of position to draft Winston or Mariota.

Thanks for that reminder.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Nope. I actually don't like Miami at all. I live in Jupiter Florida

#FloridaMan

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Ah cool, love that area. But yeah New Jersey is a very polarizing state. Most of what the Jersey stereotype is can be seen at Jets games more-so than Giants games. Not quite sure why that is.

Because Giants fan are all old rich guys.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Both of these are fair points and not wrong, but the demographic of Jets fan just seems to be every Italian-American New Jersey or Long Island stereotype imaginable and not even this generation but the past few generations.

Jet fans are much more working class since they are really a Queens team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They are gonna trade the No 1 overall pick for him, aren't they...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

This might be something of a hot take, but I think Tyrod Taylor is a better quarterback than Colin Kaepernick.

If it's an upgrade it's too marginal to consider doing. Makes no sense. Same with Cutler.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flikken posted:

And with Romo's age and injury history who would seriously take him as anything other than a backup?

Woody Johnson.

fsif posted:

h/t: Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News

In the interest of continuity, the continuity we desperately need for a team we think is going in the wrong direction, we are going to fire the head coach and starting QB.

In fairness Rex Ryan is a horrible coach who can't judge a QB to save his life so if Jones is really the next great QB, Rex wouldn't know that.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 11, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

rjmccall posted:

You and me both, buddy.

I have been on trains for... let's see, 70 minutes now. I will be on or between trains for another thirty minutes or so. I used to walk to Candlestick in about an hour.

Wait, you're spending 3 hours on the train today to see Jets/Niners? Really? How much do you hate yourself?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

rjmccall posted:

It's my last game before I move, and hey, maybe I'll get to see two wins this year.

I hope you see a win too. heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

rjmccall posted:

Yeah, I mean, I don't actually root against my team for "strategy".

I really could give a poo poo about beating a 1-11 team in a meaningless game. I'll take the better draft pick.

• Locked thread