Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I humbly submit to you, GBS, that, despite being an insufferably smug douchebag vegetarian who inconsiderately cancels shows on what seem to be the slightest of whims, Morrissey owns. His music is the perfect combination of heartfelt, clever, funny, and just plain catchy. There are few songsmiths living today who can compare to the Moz in his prime. He even has appeal beyond sad sack upper-class white people: Latin America, in particular, seems to absolutely adore him, for some reason. Now enjoy this song of his; I picked it out especially for you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFDzQD-LR80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

a lot of true things in this post, mmhmm, mmhhmm... hey take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fTbd8juzQ

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Morrissey sounds kind of like Kermit the Frog

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
my boner

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Cnut the Great posted:

I humbly submit to you, GBS, that, despite being an insufferably smug douchebag vegetarian who inconsiderately cancels shows on what seem to be the slightest of whims, Morrissey owns. His music is the perfect combination of heartfelt, clever, funny, and just plain catchy. There are few songsmiths living today who can compare to the Moz in his prime. He even has appeal beyond sad sack upper-class white people: Latin America, in particular, seems to absolutely adore him, for some reason. Now enjoy this song of his; I picked it out especially for you guys:

You know she is really not that fat in 2016. Times are changing man

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
Morrissey makes me feel better when I feel sad so I guess in a way he is in fact cool.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cnut the Great posted:

Monos Bullet posted:

Morrissey makes me feel better when I feel sad so I guess in a way he is in fact cool.

i found your favorite morrissey song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slA7-CMD2Bo

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Wow that's a Smiths song. Learn your Morrissey lore.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
His solo stuff mostly sucks. The Smiths is where it's at, son.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

My friend took a piss next to Morrissey in a bar

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

every kid i knew who acted like morrissey subsequently went on to finally gently caress someone and get a job and decry their former ineptitude

thanks a lot for your help stephen

ps johnny marr != stephen morrissey

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
he's got powder kegs between his legs

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
All I know is that Johnny Marr is fantastic and Morrissey's antics created this treasure of a gif.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

who

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
poo poo im basically unemployed so every day is like sunday.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
I also like Morrissey. I like to put on a good Morrissey track when I take my morning regiment of anti-depressants, and on the way back from therapy. Feels good man.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

luv 2 date boys posted:

poo poo im basically unemployed so every day is like sunday.

but sunday sucks though

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
OP I concur, but he's apparently allergic to the Detroit area, which, now that I've written the words, seems completely understandable and forgivable.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I got that one Smiths album you're supposed to have but I don't like it very much at all.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The Smiths own, and his first solo album does too.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sing me to sleep
sing me to sleep
and then leave me.alone
seriously op leave me alone

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

FuhrerHat posted:

every kid i knew who acted like morrissey subsequently went on to finally gently caress someone and get a job and decry their former ineptitude

thanks a lot for your help stephen

ps johnny marr != stephen morrissey

Johnny Marr and Morrissey can both be good, and are. But I will say that Morrissey has just as much good solo stuff as he does stuff with The Smiths, IMO. He is and always was a very talented songwriter and integral part of what made The Smiths so good.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
slayer and iron maiden both own!

Knight007au
May 8, 2007
SLAYER !!!!!

yeah they are prrty good..

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Morrissey is a oval office.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
More like Borrissey

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think like most artists he's probably a terrible person but he was involved in some pretty good tunes.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
As a verified old person, this was probably the last thread title I ever expected to see here.

And yeah nothing since the Smiths matters.

Waltzing Along posted:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bedevere posted:

the Smiths matter

:chloe:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The morrissey the less I like him

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

HoboZero posted:

The morrissey the less I like him

lol

also i gotta disagree with the general opinion that the smiths were very good and that his solo stuff is very bad, if anything half the smiths tracks were purposeless pop music

i am confessing here: i listen to morrissey's solo albums

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He banned meat from being sold during his set at Riot Fest in Chicago, and played Ganglord with graphic videos of police brutality to the mostly white audience. Dude is loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcYhY3LGnUo

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I PM'd lowtax to try and become his friend but he never replied.

Can Mr. Morrissey help??

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

extra stout posted:

lol

also i gotta disagree with the general opinion that the smiths were very good and that his solo stuff is very bad, if anything half the smiths tracks were purposeless pop music

i am confessing here: i listen to morrissey's solo albums
His solo albums are good, but don't you dare besmirch The Smiths again.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

It's too bad he didn't do much with Steven Street and Vini Reilly, Viva Hate was the best solo album imo. Alain Whyte was cool too and Morrissey albums haven't been as good since he left.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Monos Bullet posted:

It's too bad he didn't do much with Steven Street and Vini Reilly, Viva Hate was the best solo album imo. Alain Whyte was cool too and Morrissey albums haven't been as good since he left.
Viva Hate sounds just like a Smiths record.

Marr did good work with The The.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

queen is dead is the best imo

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

No one's arguing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Wasn't he once quoted as saying that if he died he would be hailed as the most important musician of the last 100 years or something.

Also The Smiths hate each other so much that they won't do any kind of reunion tour for even like millions of dollars.

Lol smug Brits

• Locked thread