Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Anyway it's all about Gorillaz now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Morrissey is pretty much not good, and the Smiths were also mostly not good punctuated by brief moments of being a little tolerable.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20UYhP8vIQ

Warlock Pinchers

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Fun fact: No one can explain why Mexicans are obsessed with Morissey

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/10/08/why-do-mexican-americans-love-morrissey-so-much/

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Frankenstyle posted:

Morrissey is pretty much not good, and the Smiths were also mostly not good punctuated by brief moments of being a little tolerable.
Your taste is pretty much not good.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i will pay a hundred dollars to anyone in this thread that can prove they have thrown processed meats at morrisey in concert

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Leon Einstein posted:

Viva Hate sounds just like a Smiths record.

Marr did good work with The The.

Yeah, that's probably got something to do with Street. Plus Vini Reilly was a cool guitarist that wasn't exactly like Marr but still had a style that worked well with Morrissey.

I've never listed to The The, maybe I should change that. I've listened to Johnny Marr's two solo albums and his stuff with Electronic and Pet Shop Boys, Electronic was the only one I thought was more than just kind of good because of Bernard Sumner.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

hth posted:

i will pay a hundred dollars to anyone in this thread that can prove they have thrown processed meats at morrisey in concert

i was going to screenshot a ticket listing online to show that they would lose money on this bet, except i cant find any morrissey ticket costs because he canceled all of his december shows that were listed lmao

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

extra stout posted:

i was going to screenshot a ticket listing online to show that they would lose money on this bet, except i cant find any morrissey ticket costs because he canceled all of his december shows that were listed lmao

General admission to the Chicago show was like $65 I think.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Frankenstyle posted:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the smiths would have been a really good band if they let literally anyone else on the planet sing

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

not true. proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2cNGs5wnk

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
YEAH MAN who could say no to gems like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS6B0GdCa9w

Lemon
May 22, 2003

nah he's made some good tunes but he's a twat.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was looking for a post and then i found a post
and heaven knows i'm miserable now

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

extra stout posted:

i was going to screenshot a ticket listing

Would have been a wash in my case, assuming there are processed meats with adequate flight characteristics, and that it would be possible to get past the processed meat detectors at ROMT.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I love Moz. Seen that twat in concert several times, he even insulted Whitney Houston about a week after she died talkin about how she was going to cover one of his songs or something, and then he was just all, "... but I guess THAT won't be happening." and then he snickered.

That's our Mozzer!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Rasta_Al posted:

I love Moz. Seen that twat in concert several times, he even insulted Whitney Houston about a week after she died talkin about how she was going to cover one of his songs or something, and then he was just all, "... but I guess THAT won't be happening." and then he snickered.

That's our Mozzer!

lol what an insufferable rear end in a top hat

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Mozi posted:

i was looking for a post and then i found a post
and heaven knows i'm miserable now

Oh, you've been in the house too long

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

hth posted:

whiteknighting whitney houston

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

hth posted:

I've never heard a story about him that portrayed him in a positive light. Ever.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Einstein posted:

I've never heard a story about him that portrayed him in a positive light. Ever.

he makes a specific type of aggro guy very, very mad for no reason

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Leon Einstein posted:

*turns to the camera and grins*

HIV positive maybe!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

walgreenslatino posted:

whiteknighting whitney houston

no need to bring race into this

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I posted a thread in gibis ages ago about how loving great the smiths are, mainly to piss off the fuckwits here who predictably railed against them (so scared of DECENT music) but no I have to disagree OP morrisy sucks rear end johnny was the best.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Morrissay cancelled a Jimmy Kimmel appearance because the Duck Dynasty guys were going to be in the same episode, which led to a band replacing him that a guy I knew in college was in. Morrissay being an insufferable retard works out for people sometimes

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Smiths had way too much Morrissey and not near enough Marr.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ruddiger posted:

He banned meat from being sold during his set at Riot Fest in Chicago, and played Ganglord with graphic videos of police brutality to the mostly white audience. Dude is loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcYhY3LGnUo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMW_ROS94Kk

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

JnnyThndrs posted:

Smiths had way too much Morrissey and not near enough Marr.

This really becomes apparent when you hear the riffs by themselves, and they stand on their own. Especially via the Johnny Marr Jaguar (TM) the only sig model I've ever thought twice about. He actually put some effort into it, unlike the typical Fender cash grabs.

https://youtu.be/2wiKeV-A0-Y

Longer version out there as well.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
but do they sing the hit single "castle kids"??
:guitar:
castle kids...
castle kids yeah...

:guitar:

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
He was on Colbert report and you could tell Stephen was a huge fan but he came off as such a stupid piece of poo poo anyway. I think Colbert made some joke about marr being backstage and coming out and morrissey looked absolutely terrified for a few long seconds over it. He is pathetic and a oval office.

I like the smiths and some of his solo poo poo though.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Leon Einstein posted:

Your taste is pretty much not good.

That's what they said about Galileo, and it turned out that he was correct too.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Frankenstyle posted:

*listens to tool*

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Whorelord posted:

*listens to tool*

I'd chew my own ears off to avoid listening to Tool.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

luv 2 date boys posted:

poo poo im basically unemployed so every day is like sunday.

Do the shops shut at 4 each day for you?

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
The last two Marr solo albums are a lot better than the last 3 or so Moz albums. World Peace Is None of Your Business had the worst Morrissey lyrics I've ever heard. Who rhymes "ah, but lonely" with "beefaroni"?

Moz, you lovable twat.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Whorelord posted:

*listens to tool*

I was going to post something sarcastic about bitching about tool fans in TYOOL, but then I realized that this is a thread about Morrissey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Rasta_Al posted:

The last two Marr solo albums are a lot better than the last 3 or so Moz albums. World Peace Is None of Your Business had the worst Morrissey lyrics I've ever heard. Who rhymes "ah, but lonely" with "beefaroni"?

Moz, you lovable twat.

World Peace's extra tracks were great though. After deleting Kiss Me A Lot off my computer so I don't have to listen to it, World Peace+bonus songs makes for the best album since Vauxhall. I think Marr's albums would have benefited from some instrumentals.

• Locked thread