Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
When the Enterprise Crew travels back in time to San Francisco, how did they know what clothes to wear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

double dumbass on you buddy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Savage For The Winjun posted:

double dumbass on you buddy
Huh?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Black Baby Goku posted:

When the Enterprise Crew travels back in time to San Francisco, how did they know what clothes to wear?

Actually, San Francisco was ahead of its time in fashion thanks to the drugs, until it became a libertarian technology poo poo hole.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

They checked Wikipedia.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Star Trek 2 is a great movie

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Black Baby Goku posted:

Star Trek 2 is a great movie

Agreed, but I prefer 5

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Undiscovered Country gets my vote.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
The answer is always Galaxy Quest.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Clothes probably come from the same guy that designed their iconic uniforms - the space Hugo Boss.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

idk ever consider they googled it? idoit??

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

Youre confusing dumb movie startrek 2: boring rear end poo poo with 20 good minutes at the end with startrek whatever #: the whale movie which is good and fun because its the least startrek of all the startrek movies.

But to thoroughly answer your question i have no clue my man

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

banned from Starbucks posted:

Youre confusing dumb movie startrek 2: boring rear end poo poo with 20 good minutes at the end with startrek whatever #: the whale movie which is good and fun because its the least startrek of all the startrek movies.

Uh no, they go to San Francisco in Star Trek 2, I just watched the movie last week.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh ok wow talk about running out of ideas then. Jesus get your poo poo together startrek

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm not sure if this is a confirmed answer to your question op but in star trek: first contact picard tells the computer to replicate "mid-21st century clothing" for the away team as hes walking to the transporter room so i guess the ship computer just knows what people wore at any given time

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

i'm not sure if this is a confirmed answer to your question op but in star trek: first contact picard tells the computer to replicate "mid-21st century clothing" for the away team as hes walking to the transporter room so i guess the ship computer just knows what people wore at any given time

That kind of tech didn't exist when Kirk was captain 200 years before enterprise

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm sure that kind of tech wasnt around but i'm saying the ship computer probably has a huge database on all sorts of fashions across time. just my thought

Soral
May 30, 2009

i actually dont know anything about star trek other than a few of the movies

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

They were wearing their own clothes. By huge coincidence, retro-1980's was the big deal in fashion in 2286

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drink-Mix Man posted:

They were wearing their own clothes. By huge coincidence, retro-1980's was the big deal in fashion in 2286

Well that's not true. They never wore them on the ship or whatever.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Kirk was wearing a sensible 80s' womens pantsuit, so he kinda knew what to wear.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

banned from Starbucks posted:

lol they went back to 20th century earth in like three separate star trek episodes, star trek 4 is just as star trek as the rest of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen like 15 episodes of TNG and in those when they go to the holodeck to recreate old fashions it seems to just know what's up.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Scotty only has 9 fingers, he's missing one of his middle ones

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Scotty only has 9 fingers, he's missing one of his middle ones

Also, get this: he's not even Scottish.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
khan wouldn't give them the transparent aluminum to save the dope whales

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

yo mamma a Horus posted:

khan wouldn't give them the transparent aluminum to save the dope whales

Nobody is that evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
All things, including clothing, are provided by the Force

• Locked thread