Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Your team is 10-3 and on track for a bye you big baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Matt Barkley doesn't look half bad. He would look even better if his receivers could catch balls that hit them in the hands. I'm looking at you Bellamy. Barkley could absolutely be an above average backup.

Jordan Howard continues to own. Leonard Floyd continues to prove my draft opinions suck.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Febreeze posted:

Honestly you can probably point to a solid instance for every one of them.

Bears - ?

The Bears have actually done a pretty decent job of avoiding anything too malicious lately. The only thing that comes to mind is the hilarious Ray McDonald debacle. A team signing a good player on the cheap due to off the field scumbaggery isn't really note worthy in and of itself, as it happens quite often. The staunch defense of signing McDonald by the Bears chairman, George McCaskey, was weird as hell though. He went in hard on defending the decision based on personal conversations he had with McDonald, conversations he had with McDonalds parents, and the fact that McDonald paid for his own plane ticket to Chicago. Then whoops, McDonald is arrested less than two months later. The whole situation was so incredibly dumb and easily avoidable.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

MrLogan posted:

Please stop saying Odell is a top 5 receiver. He's barely top 5 in his own draft class. He is a top 3 bitchmade player, though.

While Odell is a gigantic baby, this is just idiotic.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

a new study bible! posted:

Megatron above Jordy.

Catch radius so large he's snagging balls from his couch.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

MrLogan posted:

In this thread, we learn who only looks at fantasy football stats and doesn't watch games.

Actually defend your dumb take. Tell us what 5 receivers you would select from the 2014 draft over Odell so we can laugh at you.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Chilichimp posted:

Mike Evans.

Fight me.

I won't fight you on that. Mike Evans is definitely the only WR in that draft class that you can argue over Odell. But the idea that there are 4 others is laughable on its face.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Those are both extraordinary catches, but they look possible. What I think is so striking about the Odell catch is it really looks like it should have been physically impossible for the ball to actually stay in his hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

TheChirurgeon posted:

Febreeze diggin deep for biblical burns here

The only reason I even get that joke is because someone (I think it was Mel) make the same style joke last year. Hard to believe I'm learning about biblical stories from TFF, but here we are.

• Locked thread