Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

A one score game against an injured Raiders team at home with is a bad sign going forward sorry Chiefs fans

If you're looking for bad signs in close Chiefs games this one is pretty far down the list in my opinion.

Losing DJ really sucks, it didn't hit me until now but he might be really important against the whole exotic smashmouth thing, especially since KC doesn't even like defending the run with him in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Lol at using exotic smashmouth unironically

I was going to capitalize all of it too but I figured my joke would get through, but honestly a running game of any sort scares me right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

I mean, that's not even a very high pass! Of course, I am a bit skeptical, because wouldn't the receiver know and be up in arms about the deflection? Would that be a replay if it were caught by the refs?

Cooper doesn't really ever complain about anything I don't think, and I assume the ground rules of the stadium would cover something like that happening (I figure the wires would be considered part of the field of play maybe?). So it's feasible based on those two things in my opinion.

This would be the first time I've heard of something like that happening, I poked around the internet a little last night and the only other thing I found involving a ball hitting spidercam wires was on a monster punt in college and that was just the returner claiming it happened after he let it bounce and roll for another 20 yards.

There was the time a vengeful camera almost killed an Iowa player at the Insight bowl and some other reports of balls hitting the camera when it was in the wrong place, but those were the camera itself which would be a lot more obvious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just to be clear by the way I'm not saying it didn't happen, just saying it'll be the first time I remember it happening. It would explain how Cooper reacted, he was having a pretty bad game by his standards but not an 'I've completely forgotten how to track the ball' game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sour Diesel posted:

whoa calm the gently caress down never accuse someone of being a bengals fan what the gently caress is wrong with you

I was like, that is the one thing he could say that would piss BrownThunder off the most.

Eifert Posting posted:

Leon Hall did this and still played well for a couple of years after.

Derrick Johnson is also 34 years old is part of the problem here. I'd imagine he'll try, and he wasn't playing like he was 34 years old...but man I wouldn't bet on it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Juggernaut posted:

"It was a dirty play by a sorry player," Talib said of the Titans' receiver, via Mike Klis of 9News. "He didn't do nothing coming into this game. He didn't catch no passes.

"He come into this game and chop guys in the back. He got the same agent as me (Todd France) so when I see his rear end in Atlanta I'm going to beat his rear end."

Well, I guess Talib would know about dirty hits by dirty players.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm stunned PFZ somehow thinks this year has done anything but prove how absolutely wrong he is lol

I thought it was impossible for you to be any dumber than you were posting about basketball but nope here we are again with the dumbest mother fucker in the forums continuing to pretend he has the faintest clue as to what he's talking about

This is the way the insane quarterback hating poster works. Back in his slightly less irritating iteration Parmesan Basil blamed Alex Smith--and Alex Smith alone--for the Chiefs playoff loss to the Colts. In that game Jamaal Charles went down very early in the first quarter, his back up who isn't even that good (although we didn't realize it yet) went down later in the game. Despite that the Chiefs built a 28 point lead on a 30/46, 378 yard day by Smith, with 4 TDs and no INTs. Throwing to a not quite dead Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Junior Hemingway, Dexter McCluster and AJ Jenkins. Those 0 interceptions must have blown the lead in Parm's mind.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is they will flat out refuse to give the slightest credit to a player they dislike for whatever reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, I didn't realize my dumb local news still has a "Hit of the Day" on Sundays.

Today it was Sproles getting blown up on the punt. Good job Fox 4.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Chiefs - ?

The worst thing I remember hearing about Clark Hunt is screwing over team employees--not the players, like people who work in the office--for no real reason during the lockout. I'm probably forgetting something worse than that though.

Also for the Cardinals Bill Bidwill is the original Mike Brown as far as being cheap as hell goes along with relocation over stadium issues and lying to the city he was leaving (he promised St Louis he'd vote for them to get an expansion team, then voted for Jacksonville instead). Their recent success has mostly come when he stopped being as involved with the team.

e: Office, not offense

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 12, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't remember anything about screwing over employees during the lock out, but he certainly had his hand in the mess about Scott Pioli firing people because they were old.

As I remember they basically laid people off and publicly blamed the players for doing it (while locking the players out, to be clear), which I'd imagine is probably what most teams did. It made minor news at the time. Yeah the Pioli purge might be worse on reflection since there wasn't even a bad excuse for doing that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shinjobi posted:

The dude has streaks of brilliance, followed by streaks of vanishing acts. He's consistently useful in that he draws coverage away from peeps like Beasley, Williams and Butler, but Dez hasn't been a solid bet to throw to since 2014. And even then, 2014 was his best year if I remember correctly (I am probably wrong).

2012 or 2014 were his best years so far, but 2012 to 2014 in general were three very good years that made Dez's reputation. 2015 yeah, you should probably throw that out because of lingering injuries plus some atrocious quarterbacking that wasn't helping anything. Even this year though he's been dinged up and while having a pretty good year by rate stats he's not as good as he was in that three year stretch earlier. Some of that might be getting on the same page with Dak, especially since he was injured early on. But after the Giants game it's hard to say that's all of it, although he was far from the only Cowboy who had a bad night.

He's 28, he's not a running back, it's possible and maybe even likely assuming health that he'll go back to being pretty great for a good stretch. Until he does that though I'm going to disagree with Chiche about how great he is at this particular moment.

Disclaimer if needed: if he was a free agent I'd want him on my team for sure and he's going to be a big part of Dallas's plans for the future barring something catastrophic.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Romo wants to be a Bronco.

#1. I can't blame him all that much, that's a decent situation.

#2. Please, please not this poo poo again. At the very least if it happens have the decency to suck while you're there Tony.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

JEFF FISHER OUT :siren:

Wait don't they play on Thursday?

That can't be right, you fire the coach after the short week, not on it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/808395924061843456

There's this. I guess they care about him not getting the loss record?

loving Rams can't even fire Jeff Fisher the right way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

so does jared goff have any talent at all and is just being held down or is he just a whiff?

Jeff Fisher is pretty damned close to the bottom of the list of people I'd want molding a quarterback. Goff gets a pass on this year.

I mean the Rams have managed to make Gurley look pretty bad, they're just a total mess on offense. Dead last in both scoring and yardage this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Good YAC, not a good catch.

This is my favorite YAC ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzjoMr1iNI

That's alright, it's not Dante Hall's one offensive highlight though.

• Locked thread