Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can't win playing Alex Smith's game Derek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gynecolojustice posted:

Chiefs were down both starting DEs, starting LG, #2 CB, lost another DE and Derrick Johnson in the first half....but sure, injuries lol

So they're also really banged up, that's a bad sign late in the season!

:v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/CzNYZi1WgAAMmgX.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/808067197041938432

Tough and gritty leaving your knees all lovely

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trast posted:

So which Cardinal ruined any hope for a Dolphins playoff with a low hit? Was it Campbell? Tannehill never missed a start and now if he tore his ACL he's going to be done for awhile. :smith:

Calais Campbell who apparently also did that to Cam Newton a few weeks back.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Want to see a close up of an ACL getting ruined?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Sproles hit everyone was kvetching about in the gdt earlier:

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/CzbC9hEVIAAn39n.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Talib is worse.

True

---------------

I don't recall Gronk making that great of a catch the week when Odell made that one.

I mean, if he did, it wasn't even on the highlight reel: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000432991/Week-12-Lions-vs-Patriots-highlights

Gronk's absolute absurdity tends to be more after the catch anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaVUCg2W_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoNTSmxP7E

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 12, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think Harry has to worry about getting shot by Talib unless Harry's sucking Talib's dick.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ODB is only good because he's thrown the ball too often. Now a great Wide receiver is Mike Evans, who...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jesus Christ the punt / kick return units today made me want to die.

Brady was amazing, outside of throwing too many passes to a covered Edelman as a safety blanket, but as the game went on he just eviscerated the Ravens secondary. I didn't think Blount would do poo poo tonight with that run D, but he had some great hard running .

Defense was pretty good all in all. Played bad on those two red zone drives, but they were put into an awful situation. Sacked the poo poo out of Flacco to end a few drives and got a safety.

Anyway, you're welcome Steelers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Yeah we are done for this season. The best part of the news is what it means for the off-season and next year.

Yeah it really is pretty huge. Torn ACL in December means he's not really doing anything football related until training camp. If he doesn't need surgery for this, then he can just rest up then be fine for OTA's.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hifi posted:

I cant figure out what this is supposed to mean

It's beatpaths. Basically someone built a system that goes well X beat Y who beat Z so X > Z.

It does a bunch to remove all the A > B > C > A loops and then spits that out at the end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I think it's entirely possible. The Pats have no pass rush, and vs the Raiders o-line, they aren't getting to Carr without blitzing, which leaves them shorthanded on dump-offs. Carr can sling it,, Flacco was destroying them on the deep sideline, and I was beside myself wanting just any Ravens TE to run up the seam bc it was wide open all night. Mack, Irvin and potentially Aldon Smith now can get to Brady like Ware and Miller did last year, and there will be no Gronk to bail Brady out. If I was a Pats fan, I'd least want to see the Raiders in the playoffs

The Raiders are possibly the best other team in the AFC when they're clicking, but their defense doesn't scare me that much. They don't have the secondary to do what Denver did last year, which was limit the Patriots' fast passing attack which will take away a lot of that pass rush. Hell, just look at what Alex Smith just did to them.

The Chiefs on the other hand, don't really have the offense to exploit the Patriots' defensive problems, but do have a fantastic defense. I'm more worried about the Chiefs defense then just about any other unit in the playoffs, but even they just lost their best coverage LB, which would be a problem against the midget attack and would probably lead to a dozen passes being thrown to James White in that game.

Honestly, no team looks amazing this year, so just gotta get HFA and hope for the best.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So who DO you want them to face?

Texans and then the Texans again please.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mulaney Power Move posted:

which team is shenmue

American soccer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Panthers are Custer's Revenge because they're about to gently caress some Redskins.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*shifts uncomfortably in chair*

It was that or: "The Bills are SWAT 3, because they're about to murder the Browns"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alright, I killed it, yay.

Here's Belichick on the read for the Chris Hogan 80 yard Touchdown from last night:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know what the ratio of fault is, but Palmer's regressed, the offensive line is injured and bad now and the receivers aren't the ridiculousness they used to be, and despite all that Bruce Arians still calls more 25+ yard digs and seams then I do in Madden.

All that despite having probably the best running back in football.

David Johnson: 248 carries, 1085 yards, 11 TD's, 4.4 YPC.
69 receptions, 104 targets, 745 yards, 4 TD's, 10.8 YPR

This is some LaDainian Tomlinson type stuff.

• Locked thread