Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mfr234/status/808058998935130112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sigh dammit. Hopefully Moore can play anything close to what tannehill was playing at

spoiler alert: he can't

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Has anyone reputable confirmed Tannehills demise?

Schefter said the team fears a torn ACL.

MRI tomorrow to confirm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami's multimedia people are incredible

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

So which Cardinal ruined any hope for a Dolphins playoff with a low hit? Was it Campbell? Tannehill never missed a start and now if he tore his ACL he's going to be done for awhile. :smith:

Campbell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

In fairness, I will be satisfied if we can stagger over the line and just be in the playoffs.

We might beat the Jets if they have truly given up on the season, but we won't beat the Bills or Pats with Moore.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/808079264054644737

:smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It just really hit me that 2017 is basically done now too because of how late in the year this injury happened.

We'll have to either sign a FA or draft somebody to start next year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Want to see a close up of an ACL getting ruined?

No penalty on this BTW

can't say enough about how awful the officiating crew was today

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Now, witness the power of this fully operational battle station.

I am ready for some Moore playoffs, eh, right guys? guys?

Hope you're happy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PFZ tell me what you would do to address QB next year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol I just figured it out

PFZ is Omar Kelly

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/808086847368921088

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

I would have listened to me years ago and traded Tannehill for picks and would be starting Dak Prescott this season.

Cool, does the best OL and RB in the NFL come with him?

It's hilarious to me that you want the guy who is propped up by the best supporting cast in football while you are also hypercritical of Tannehill because he cannot overcome four years of the worst offensive line in the league.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife was giving me a hard time at dinner and I said, "Be nice. I lost my starting quarterback today."

She replied, "Ryan Tannehill is a top ten injured quarterback."

:smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/808069933548662785

:gay:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Matt Moore is a better QB than Ryan Tannehill

he'll get his chance to prove you right

you aren't

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I wouldn't be upset if I was a fins fan anyway, even with your big money WR injured the corps is good enough to pick up the slack

I get this joke

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

I feel like maybe he was coming on finally,

Stopped reading here glad we came to an agreement

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It all depends on how bad the injury is. ACL injuries can vary widely in terms of recovery time.

Gase will stick with Tannehill if the recovery time makes it possible. Bottom line is they went 7-1, Tannehill had a 101.9 QB rating during this stretch and was playing better than he's ever played in his career. Gase won't walk away from that.

And hey, all it took was no longer playing behind Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner and no longer playing for a coach who actively tries to replace you and won't even let you check out of a play :thumbsup:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

This is the way the insane quarterback hating poster works. Back in his slightly less irritating iteration Parmesan Basil blamed Alex Smith--and Alex Smith alone--for the Chiefs playoff loss to the Colts. In that game Jamaal Charles went down very early in the first quarter, his back up who isn't even that good (although we didn't realize it yet) went down later in the game. Despite that the Chiefs built a 28 point lead on a 30/46, 378 yard day by Smith, with 4 TDs and no INTs. Throwing to a not quite dead Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery, Junior Hemingway, Dexter McCluster and AJ Jenkins. Those 0 interceptions must have blown the lead in Parm's mind.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is they will flat out refuse to give the slightest credit to a player they dislike for whatever reason.

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around it beyond sheer stubbornness. Everyone thinks Ajayi is the reason Miami is winning games. In reality the Dolphins' offense has been carried by Tannehill since the week 8 bye.

https://twitter.com/omarsmistakes/status/808157360195829764

Don't get me wrong, Ajayi is really good (a ton of those yards are after contact), but Tannehill and the passing game have been more directly responsible for wins, especially since Pouncey went out.

Moore will need to play better than he's ever played in his career or Miami won't win another game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

X post

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/808365904048357376

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

I am happy that Tannehill isn't hurt as badly as was feared. It is still going to get ugly for the Dolphins unless the offensive line can get back to run blocking.

Yeah we are done for this season. The best part of the news is what it means for the off-season and next year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What? I'm not sure Matt Moore is even a downgrade.

He is a significant downgrade unless his, "gently caress it, going deep" attitude works well with Stills and Parker.

Miami hasn't been able to run the ball effectively enough to carry the offense in like six weeks now, so things rest entirely on Moore's shoulders. His career level of play is nowhere close to Tannehill's 8 game stretch this year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

The only upside to this situation is the feeling that Gase is flexible and smart enough to play to Moore's strengths. I don't know if there's enough time to make it work, but if this happened under Philbin I think it would be even worse.

Literally every single thing would be worse under Philbin.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There'd be less cursing.

There'd be less trash on the practice field.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the Miami Dolphins are not a video game at all, but a football team located in the southern portion of the state of Florida

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/808848132876488705

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Has BA always been this whiny bitch of an rear end hat coach or are is this new?

Not sure

He's never lost this much before though

• Locked thread