Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
All I know about this game is food and I saw a video on twitter where suddenly the player character was ejected from the car and went to space.

None of that prepared me for Prompto.

I'm pumpedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
THE REBIRTH

thank you all so much

bring back Marvelous

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I810BUX posted:

I MADE THAT GIF you gently caress

Look at the state of this guy

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

JT Jag posted:

I've started playing this myself and from what little experience I have let me just say that you are loving insane. But hey what else is new

it can't possibly be worse than X-2

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Uh, I have no experience with the game and wouldn't want to jinx it, but that combat looks like it has the potential to be fun if it lets you utilize all that mobility in a meaningful way. I mean, it seems you can do Batman takedowns from rafters...?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Except it's also a final fantasy game, so you can do batman takedowns from the rafters for like, 500 damage out of their 20000 health.

I wonder if any of them saw the "if you magically warp your rear end to a warping point, you get all your MP back" notice? Also, does it only work with the shortsword? It kinda looked like Topikal tried to warp at one point and the game refused.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zenostein posted:

Except it's also a final fantasy game, so you can do batman takedowns from the rafters for like, 500 damage out of their 20000 health.

I wonder if any of them saw the "if you magically warp your rear end to a warping point, you get all your MP back" notice? Also, does it only work with the shortsword? It kinda looked like Topikal tried to warp at one point and the game refused.

You can point-warp with anything but magic equipped.

He had magic equipped.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
FFXV is very cool and good but drat does it have a lot of issues. Gonna be a hell of a thing to watch a crew like this battle with.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I've heard FF15 described as the definitive boy band road trip reunion tour experience.

But I never thought that it would be the T40s reunion tour game :unsmith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You can point-warp with anything but magic equipped.

He had magic equipped.
It's also a little finnicky until you figure out that you need to hold triangle to point warp, not just press it. If you just press triangle, you'll just throw your weapon forward.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Also press and hold R1 to lock on. It took me way too long to realize this myself. Especially since I think most lockon systems are just tap once to do it, then again to break lockon or target something new.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FeyerbrandX posted:

Also press and hold R1 to lock on. It took me way too long to realize this myself. Especially since I think most lockon systems are just tap once to do it, then again to break lockon or target something new.
You can tap R3, the thumbstick, to maintain lockon, but in my admittedly limited experience I've found that it's best to be able to shift from one target to another because this game puts you in a ton of fights against multiple enemies.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Prompto, if you keep rolling around like that you are going to ruin the nice vest your mother gave you.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How accurate do you guys think this video is?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSI8quC-XRE

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

it can't possibly be worse than X-2

You take that back. FF X-2 is fun and good and Brainweasel's LP of it is amazing.

These hot boys better loving kiss.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

THE REBIRTH

thank you all so much

bring back Marvelous

That's for MGS4's sequel, MGS5.

"Why is Snake young again and Why is Octagon in a wheelchair?"

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Jenner posted:

These hot boys better loving kiss.
If this happens I will forgive everything else about the game immediately.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

That's for MGS4's sequel, MGS5.

"Why is Snake young again and Why is Octagon in a wheelchair a metalgear?"

I would like buy that LP

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Well, at least I have an idea of what I'm in for considering this game was the only thing I could be assed to think of asking for for Christmas. :v:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So when do they all make an album

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

topiKal posted:

Gladiolus Amicitia
Bodyguard for Noctis. Has a weirdly deep voice and tends to give advice. As of yet he has almost no actual personality.

You forgot that he loves ColemanTM products.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The boys are back in town, you say?

Godspeed you crazy bastards :patriot:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren:Update:frogsiren:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quay is an actual thing, it's basically a synonym for wharf.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I finished rewatching the FFX LP like two days ago and finding this thread has made me feel like Christmas is here early.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
One night my roommate and I had a drinking game playing this where we take a drink every time we hit X and jump like an idiot instead of talking/interacting with an intended prompt.

We didn't last very long.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Calihan posted:

One night my roommate and I had a drinking game playing this where we take a drink every time we hit X and jump like an idiot instead of talking/interacting with an intended prompt.

We didn't last very long.

ooh i like this

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
I hope you're prepared to hear the same incidental and post-battle quips from the bros a million times. The amount of dialogue they recorded for them reacting to stuff is crazy, and a lot of it is all fine and amusing, but you're also gonna hear about Noctis' hand slipping a bunch every session.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Protip: holding Square will force you into cautious walking mode, in which jumping is disabled and X will always interact.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
When your boy band is on the go, be sure to send them off with Coleman brand camping equipment. Coleman: We paid out the rear end for this brand deal.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Oh man, the reaction to the branding. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Also, that Stand By Me cover was actually done by Florence + The Machine. For whatever reason.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
When does Ignis learn not to overtoast the toast?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
In my version of the boy band, Gladiolus uses this kind of bass. Not because it is logical or fits character, but because it is the type of thing that Square Enix concept artists would probably demand.

Prompto is still on tambourine, though.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Lt. Conquistador posted:

When your boy band is on the go, be sure to send them off with Coleman brand camping equipment. Coleman: We paid out the rear end for this brand deal.

I posed this question to topikal after the recording: Which company approached the other for the endorsement deal?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Kuvo posted:

I posed this question to topikal after the recording: Which company approached the other for the endorsement deal?

The more desperate one.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kuvo posted:

Neither. They tried to stop it but it overpowered them.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Never not cook. I wanna see 100% completion of every recipe in this game.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I missed you guys doing LPs. I know it's not the full group, but this is still an awesome treat to cap off 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

"EAT YOUR loving TOAST!"

• Locked thread