Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I don’t think Square knows what a glaive is. They use the word a lot, but there are no glaives to be seen in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

:shrug:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wikipedia posted:

Other uses of the word
The word "glaive" has historically been given to several very different types of weapons.

The word "glaive" originated from French. Almost all etymologists derive it from either the Latin (gladius) or Celtic (*cladivos, cf. claymore) word for sword. Nevertheless, all the earliest attestations in both French and English refer to spears.[2] It is attested in this meaning in English roughly from the 14th century to the 16th.[3]
In the 15th century, it acquired the meaning described above.[4]
Around the same time it also began being used as a poetic word for sword (this is the main use of the word in Modern French).[5]
The term "glaive" is used in some modern fantasy fiction, films and video games to refer to various thrown weapons, similar to the chakram or hunga munga, which can mystically return to the thrower (as in popular myths surrounding the boomerang).[citation needed] These objects are fictional, and are not in any way related to the historical glaive.
Champagne saucers are often colloquially termed glaives. The name refers to the traditional wine glass being 'glaived', resulting in a shorter than normal glass.
In the game Vainglory, there's a character called Glaive. However, his weapon is nothing related to an actual glaive; he wields an axe instead.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
That 8 minute Barbarus fight is so excruciatingly boring that not even the commentary could save it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It wasn't until Kuvo pointed it out that I realized that music was supposed to be Battle on the Big Bridge. They somehow made a character like Gilgamesh boring and forgettable. Thanks for going through this so I don't have to.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The DLC's version of Battle on the Big Bridge seemed fine to me... although it kinda strikes me as being more of an OCRemix by someone who's a big fan of Keichi Okabe than a composition that fits in musically with the rest of FFXV.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Also the bridge wasn't nearly big enough.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Strange.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaive

I got this when I looked it up. I like old weapons so I get irrationally upset when people call things the wrong thing.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Ah, they are going for the stupid poetic poo poo. I should’ve guessed. loving hacks.

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
I've been a huge fan of you guys' since your FFX lets play and I've just finished your Symphonia play through. Can't wait to dive into this one. I'm so glad you, Topikal, and Bandunk are back together.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 71: Freedom

:majorminor:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So the thing that they made you jump through all those hoops for is literally the Batman Forever Batmobile, except it can fly for some reason?

Besides that, A++ ending, congrats on your escape from LP hell.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is a really disappointing, lovely airship. Fitting for this game.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I was hoping y’all would play the Ignis DLC, but gently caress it this ending works too.

Good job with the LP!

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
thanks yall

edit: forgetting to cross out some of the words should indicate how much i care about ffxv now

topiKal fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 23, 2018

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
yeah

but where's lightning?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

topiKal posted:

thanks yall

edit: forgetting to cross out some of the words should indicate how much i care about ffxv now

I guess you're still you, but the bad game part only lasts until your next LP.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's been amazing watching the group go from 'Well this is way better than 13 at least' to just utterly exhausted with this game's total incoherent dogshit.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KiZv2pOo5o

what a terrible game, thank you for playing it

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You aren't coming back for future DLC right? Gotta save your sanity.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Thanks for the kickin rad lp of this terrible awful no good lovely butt game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Gongrats on escaping the nightmare game.

Still would have liked to see you beat your heads against the Adamantoise. Literally the only thing I knew about the post game.

You flew over it in the airship but you hadn't had the conversation which triggered it to wake up.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Adamantoise is incredibly boring and tedious, it's not even changeling and lasts for about 5 times as long as it needs to.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Revisit the game once they finally stitch together what they pitched at 2013 E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEKNUCjcrMY

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

ChaseSP posted:

You aren't coming back for future DLC right? Gotta save your sanity.

Nah we decided we would be done after completing whatever DLC is already out whenever we finished it. Also I'm not paying any more money for this game, I already feel bad enough about buying that stupid season pass.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Demicol posted:

Adamantoise is incredibly boring and tedious, it's not even changeling and lasts for about 5 times as long as it needs to.

but also the entire game

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It's a shame we won't get to see the exciting reason that Mr cooking went blind, but not being made miserable by square is probably a better choice.

Still, it's incredible that they stuffed that into dlc, given how much they made of swords mcbuff being an rear end in a top hat about it.

From what I read on a wiki, it seems like that was also a bunch of important info about the ring that they helpfully omitted from the main plot.

What a lovely mess.

Oh, also not that it matters, but who were those two dudes yelling at you while trying to crush you with robots?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Bethamphetamine posted:

Revisit the game once they finally stitch together what they pitched at 2013 E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEKNUCjcrMY

I find it absolutely hilarious this is after they changed the name, but there's still a bunch of stuff that isn't even vaguely in the game. What the hell even was this?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

topiKal posted:

Nah we decided we would be done after completing whatever DLC is already out whenever we finished it. Also I'm not paying any more money for this game, I already feel bad enough about buying that stupid season pass.

The Ignis DLC came out back in December and was part of the season pass you bought.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

topiKal posted:

So why are you ignoring the Ignis DLC?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The plot synopsis sounds like it somehow makes the whole game even dumber. :psyduck:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Gruckles posted:

The Ignis DLC came out back in December and was part of the season pass you bought.

MonsterEnvy posted:

So why are you ignoring the Ignis DLC?

It wasn't showing up in the DLC list when we selected the other ones

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

topiKal posted:

It wasn't showing up in the DLC list when we selected the other ones

:allears:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You can feel it on the menu if you run your fingers along it.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
I even checked the Prompto vid to make sure I'm not going crazy. It's not there! Am I missing something

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

It didn't automatically download from the psn store/library.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah it must have just not downloaded. You own it, but it did not auto download.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
As much fun as it has been to watch your suffering, it's time to put this dog down. Everyone here knows Ignis' DLC will add nothing to the story and only prolong our misery.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kase moch posted:

As much fun as it has been to watch your suffering, it's time to put this dog down. Everyone here knows Ignis' DLC will add nothing to the story and only prolong our misery.

You can change the ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

You can change the ending

Kase moch posted:

Not mutually exclusive.

And the spoiler part doesn't even change the game if you were to do it, its just an infuriating thing that makes you wish the game would have that option really in the base game.

• Locked thread