Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Also just wanted to say I'm excited to see the amount of alcohol intake during the last half of this game. Should be one for the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FractalSandwich posted:

Is using imperial units for distance a localisation change, or a flavour decision?

Localisation, they're metric in Japan (but not Europe or Australia because, uh, gently caress you).

Unlike area search quests, I find that hunts tend to be pretty close to the marker, I'm not sure what the coloured radius is actually for.

Awesone
Aug 3, 2011
Did you guys know that the former director Nomura after watching the "Les Miserables" movie wanted to make a musical out of this game?
Square Enix couldn't shoot him down fast enough.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Awesone posted:

Did you guys know that the former director Nomura after watching the "Les Miserables" movie wanted to make a musical out of this game?

Explains the boy band, at least.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Awesone posted:

I've heard that he came up with that fairly late into development, too. Nomura is a lovely director.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

e: wrong thread

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 24, 2016

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Localisation, they're metric in Japan (but not Europe or Australia because, uh, gently caress you).

Unlike area search quests, I find that hunts tend to be pretty close to the marker, I'm not sure what the coloured radius is actually for.

I like to think the in-game justification is the same for the money.

"Who the hell is Miles?"

Hailfargle
Feb 13, 2012

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
Re frozen pizza preferences for the boys: Noctis likes Digiorno, Ignis likes California Pizza Kitchen, Gladiolus likes Red Baron, Prompto only eats pizza rolls that have been on the floor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hailfargle posted:

Re frozen pizza preferences for the boys: Noctis likes Digiorno, Ignis likes California Pizza Kitchen, Gladiolus likes Red Baron, Prompto only eats pizza rolls that have been on the floor.

Prompto seems exactly like the guy who would suggest he eat something gross, have the entire group tell him not to, then eat it while going "haha I can't believe you guys are making me do this we're such a crazy group"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I kinda love the feel of this game, but that's because I grew up in that sort of area and it's hammering me hard in the nostalgia. We didn't look like a boy band, though, and I can't recall anyone dressed like Cindy. When you make Daisy Duke look conservatively dressed, I think I'd remember it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Hailfargle posted:

I actually feel that Ignis would be the Freschetta's guy. Gladio could be Red Baron.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Noctis seems like he'd eat whatever everyone else agreed to eat because he's a chill friend-leader. Ignis is the biggest food snob of the group, but he'd never order anything that Noctis hates, because he's Noctis' butler. Gladiolus likes stuff with tons of protein and the occasional tasty junk food on his cheat day, because he crossfits. Prompto likes total trash garbage food.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
But does Prompto hate himself after he eats something disgusting?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

White Coke posted:

"Yeah"

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

White Coke posted:

No more than usual

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

That's a shame. I was hoping Final Fantasy 16 would be set in Fantasy Tang China and they'd measure everything in li.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think Prompto's a "vegan" who's always horking down a hot dog when he thinks nobody's looking.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bruceski posted:

I think Prompto's a "vegan" who's always horking down a hot dog when he thinks nobody's looking.

I refuse to believe Prompto is capable of keeping hotdogs out of his mouth long enough to pretend he's vegan

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Prompto's the sort of guy who unironically suggests just swinging by to grab stuff at the 7-11 when everyone's asking what they should do for food

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Danaru posted:

I refuse to believe Prompto is capable of keeping hotdogs out of his mouth long enough to pretend he's vegan

Is Prompto the new Zell?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is Prompto the new Zell?

He isn't running like he just poo poo his pants yet.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Prompto seems like the kind of guy who could eat nothing but baconators for every meal and still somehow never gain any fat or muscle

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Danaru posted:

Prompto seems like the kind of guy who could eat nothing but baconators for every meal and still somehow never gain any fat or muscle

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

Prompto's a kinda guy that does poo poo that makes you think 'That boy ain't right.' Eating oranges without peeling them, trying to take pictures on the roof of a car, trying to shoot a bear with a bottle rocket that he's holding in his gun. Just the dumbest poo poo.

Anyway, not that sidequests aren't interesting, but I do wanna hype up the game a little bit. Spoilers if you haven't seen the trailer for the game back in March.

A spoiler lurks within

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Prompto's a kinda guy that does poo poo that makes you think 'That boy ain't right.' Eating oranges without peeling them, trying to take pictures on the roof of a car, trying to shoot a bear with a bottle rocket that he's holding in his gun. Just the dumbest poo poo.

Anyway, not that sidequests aren't interesting, but I do wanna hype up the game a little bit. Spoilers if you haven't seen the trailer for the game back in March.

A spoiler lurks within

That is a spoiler I hope Kuvo & topikal never see. This LP is non-stop laughs and that would be just amazing.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I thought that it was kind of funny when you guys figured out the clothing change stuff, the original "the crow" all-black outfits were described as fatigues. As in, that was a military uniform some organization decided best represented their country and soldiers. I'm surprised the King isn't the lead singer of Linkin Park at this rate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is not a joke, by the way. This is young Prompto, before he started doing cocaine

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Scaramouche posted:

I thought that it was kind of funny when you guys figured out the clothing change stuff, the original "the crow" all-black outfits were described as fatigues. As in, that was a military uniform some organization decided best represented their country and soldiers. I'm surprised the King isn't the lead singer of Linkin Park at this rate.

That's literally what it is, though? Gladio said something... before they got to their first campsite, i think, that remarks that the all black jackets and stuff is the Kingsguard uniform.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Prompto's a kinda guy that does poo poo that makes you think 'That boy ain't right.' Eating oranges without peeling them, trying to take pictures on the roof of a car, trying to shoot a bear with a bottle rocket that he's holding in his mouth. Just the dumbest poo poo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was really hoping this episode was gonna have you bumbling into a high level demon at night and getting annihilated. Oh well, its gonna happen at some point.

booksnake posted:

That's literally what it is, though? Gladio said something... before they got to their first campsite, i think, that remarks that the all black jackets and stuff is the Kingsguard uniform.

I think Scaramouche is just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the game thinks it can pass off black leather and jeans as the official military uniform.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I was really hoping this episode was gonna have you bumbling into a high level demon at night and getting annihilated. Oh well, its gonna happen at some point.

Yeah, after that happened to me I got a lot more cautious about when I did things. (No, Gladio, it ISN'T a bit early to turn in. Not when lv30 Iron Giants are out there waiting to paste our lv5 asses in one swing)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Internet Kraken posted:

I think Scaramouche is just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the game thinks it can pass off black leather and jeans as the official military uniform.

Yeah this, and that it was barely uniform between characters. The muscle guy had just a vest and the twitchy guy had weird pants with no ankle. And that somehow this was a uniform passed down from on high, and what you can extrapolate about the organization that requires such a uniform. Which ends in the King being the lead singer from Linkin Park, or possibly Korn.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When do your Aerosmith rivals show up?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

The only thing that saved them from this happening is that I'm pretty sure that when a hunt is active, all other monsters in the designated area clear out.

They definitely coulda ran into something bad during their run back to town though.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Can't wait you guys to get the reward for when you finish the map subquest, and put the map pieces you get to find another map.

Then find its a matryoshka doll.

Of course the final quest is to find all halves of it spread over the whole county.

e: Also, enjoy trying to remember which of the 12 menus a certain feature is on! You can summon the car (or more usefully teleport to the car), but its in the map menu (R3). Then there's the options menu, which only have some options on the options button. There's the R2 menu to use items. Then there's the main menu, which is meaningless beyond equipping poo poo and the Sphere Grid.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 25, 2016

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
FFXV could be made ten times more enjoyable just by changing interface poo poo.

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
It could use some work but I think FFXV's menu interfaces are fine, though it definitely could do a better job of telling you in what menu you can find certain things. Coming off of Xenoblade Chronicle X's awful, awful, awful menus (pretty good game otherwise) I'm not complaining much.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fedule posted:

FFXV could be made ten times more enjoyable just by changing interface poo poo.

There would still be way to little optical customization. So it would be raised to 0.5 out of 100. :colbert:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Lunethex posted:

When do your Aerosmith rivals show up?

I want a rival boy band and a pose off so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
The menus in this game need some of that nice FFXII magic.

• Locked thread