Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Please tell me the car has a customizable horn and you can make the General Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I assume it would be his nation's flag and the chocobo theme on the horn.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I kinda love the feel of this game, but that's because I grew up in that sort of area and it's hammering me hard in the nostalgia. We didn't look like a boy band, though, and I can't recall anyone dressed like Cindy. When you make Daisy Duke look conservatively dressed, I think I'd remember it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I think Prompto's a "vegan" who's always horking down a hot dog when he thinks nobody's looking.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lunethex posted:

I can't believe in the age of gaming selfies they did not think to have Pompoto and crew just take selfies with the burning husks of monsters they just slayed as proof of success.

This month's challenge: Mineside Mischief Makers. These goblins might be a tough battle, but the harder part is finding them at night! If you succeed take a photo of the victory (include the weapon in the shot to confirm you didn't use a Summon: Genie) and mail it to:

Monthly Challenge
Chocobo Power
Hammerhead Station, Lucis

Three correct entries will be chosen and featured in next month's issue of Chocobo Power.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If you had told Ignis you'll drive, you get manual control for a little bit until he says "hold off until you know the area better". If you tell him to drive you can't manual at all. In either case you get control back around chapter 3.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lock Prompto and Ordis in a (soundproofed) room and see who goes crazy first.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Pizza requires no ingredients. It's free 100 attack, infinite stamina and poison-proof.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cindy's living at a garage in the middle of nowhere. It's not her fault that she's only been able to afford one pair of clothes since she was 12.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Samuel L. Chan posted:

Is the vaguely scummy guy with a New York accent really jarring for anyone else? It's like a real person got sucked into FF15, where does he even come from in game?

The magical fantasy realm of New Joisey.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Every group of friends has a Prompto. In my clique it was Dave, a bit more hyper than the rest of us, constantly quoting Beavis and Butthead and super into things the rest of us weren't, but he was just as much a part of the team as the rest of us even if he'd rather watch wrestling than play D&D.

E: If you don't know who the Prompto is in your group, it's you.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 6, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rodyle posted:

the longer and more frequent the episodes are, the sooner we'll get to see you guys experience your character arcs where you grow to love Prompto

I think that's less character arc and more Stockholm Syndrome.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bocc Kob posted:

Were we ever given a reason for Milfheim invading Insomnia or is that yet to be revealed? Are the Milfs just a regular old Final Fantasy evil empire?

(only watched the videos so far and paused on some loredump screens)
It appears they were trying to get their hands on a ring and a crystal. The Crystal is the source of the kingdom's magical strength, and is channeled through the Ring of the Lucii. The Empire now holds the crystal in Insomnia, but Lunafreya smuggled the ring out of the city, and has power of her own because she's the Oracle (basically a Summoner, assuming the six gods mentioned are summons) and uses her position to get her kingdom some autonomy despite it being in the grip of the Empire. She's a fugitive now of course.

As for why the Emperor wants those things, it looks like the nights (which is when daemons attack) are getting longer due to some somethingorother-pox. There's a legend that the gods can hold that back, so maybe he wants the ring to somehow awaken them (good intentions, brutal methods) or, more likely because this isn't a Tactics game so people aren't allowed nuance, he wants its power to kill the gods because he's batshit evil.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thesaya posted:

I guess that might be true. I grew up taking the ferry to Denmark for holidays or getting on one to get to islands just of the coast, so I never thought about them not being common

I know Seattle has them, it's got some islands and peninsulas and such that make them useful. I assume the Great Lakes area and a couple of spots in California have them, but other than that most of America's geography doesn't have places people need to cross in a car without it being convenient to drive around it or build a bridge.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

oath2order posted:

When was it mentioned that the nights were longer? I'm in the middle of chapter 3 and I don't think I've heard a single reference to this.

Second video, the portrait loredumps at the beginning. Looks like I just assumed that the nights getting longer (mentioned in the last part of the fourth painting) was because of the Starscourge (mentioned in the first part of the second painting) but that is not (yet) claimed in-game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Garula! Those guys were one of the early bosses of FF5. Translate pretty well to high-res 3D.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBOorGPE-Q
Oregon beaches are fun. My family used to go every Thanksgiving and listen to the storms shake the building. The kind of rain that's practically a sandblaster.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gruckles posted:

My favorite part is watching people have their kites and umbrellas snatched away and torn apart by God.

Umbrellas? Those heathens deserve what they get.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Probably late info, but there was a baby chocobo behind the photo-op stand.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

melodicwaffle posted:

Here's my state fair story: I went to the Vermont state fair when I was 3 years old, I was at the petting zoo and wanted to pet this duck 'cause it's fluffy, you know, and I was leaning over and it loving pecked me literally about a centimeter above my right eye as hard as it could. It probably would have blinded me had it been any closer. gently caress ducks. Ducks are loving evil pieces of poo poo.

You think ducks are bad? Ducks will fight back if you crowd them, but geese are aggressively territorial bastards. My hometown had an artificial pond that was owned by the geese, we couldn't shift them for preservation reasons, they crapped everywhere (I think ducks crap in the water while geese crap out of it), and would attack anyone who stood still for more than five seconds.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

And does the US not have caravans?

If you mean big live-in vans that are a step below a mobile home and used for camping, we call them RVs. If you mean a group of vehicles traveling together, we tend to call it a convoy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

When I hear RV or Winnebago, I think something with can drive itself.

That's what I thought a UK caravan was, so my mistake.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Women do all the work here."

Except for the shopkeepers, restaurant staff, and anyone else you actually interact with.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

MR. J posted:

The only wedding where the dress looked blue and bloomy.

It's black and gold!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Astrofig posted:

For all that you told Prompto to take more shots of Noctis, most of his pictures seem to be of Gladiolus. Wonder if there's anything to be read into that.

All you hoo-mons look alike to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

pyf chocobo remixes itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXP-IJpJybI

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Aranea Highwind? Is that still Cid's last name in this game?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

darealkooky posted:

This is what happens when japanese people make a game in japanese where one of the selling points is super realistic/detailed lip movement to match the lines and really specific cutscene timing that fits a language with very different word lengths from english, then they pay 10 dollars for americans to try and force in their gaijin-babble like a square peg into this round hole instead of bothering to change the game at all.

FFX had the exact same problem, which lead to all kinds of hosed dialogue like tidus saying half of a line really slow and then talkingreallyfastlikethis in the second half to try and even sorta match the jp timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Flamingobo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

What an rear end in a top hat.

Look, "get the prince out of town before we're hit by an invasion I can't stop" is a good plan but id doesn't work if when the attack hits the prince is on a boat headed straight for a friendly but Imperial-controlled city. Better if they're at a remote mechanic run by an old and trusted friend.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bocc Kob posted:

I don't drink, why does it have a nozzle? :psyduck:

Is that a gallon of wine in a box?

Yes.
https://youtu.be/wLkYe98FD9I?t=40s

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

White Coke posted:

Is that like Timecube?

Imagine 99 bottles of beer on the edge of a cliff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

There's one other tie in(at least) but that one appears in-game so I'm not going to spoil the absolute joy everyone is sure to feel.

A cool, refreshing, Choca-Cola?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

goatface posted:

Was it the film of the game? Because that sounds hilariously bad.

You know way back at the beginning of the game, where you're going to catch a boat and then that night you get some flashes of random images and wake up to find the kingdom has fallen? That was the movie.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I wonder if I binge-watched this LP from the beginning I'd understand what was going on.

I didn't even remember Ramuh being in this game.

After the Titan scene they escaped with the Imperials, then [???] and one scene cut later they were stuck without their car by the chocobo racetrack. They had to go around and get Ramuh's favor in order to trip a flag that told them where the car was.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Should've killed Noctis and had Lunafreya gain his powers due to <insert mystic technobabble here, you're writing the fantasy world so don't give me any "that wouldn't work">. Then she gets some protagonist makeover a la FF9 Garnet's hair thing and takes over to finish the job. Transition from the first half of the game's just getting bounced around to an actual plot goal, you get a character death that affects relationships we've *seen*, I think it'd hang together tighter all around.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

EagerSleeper posted:

I think this game is like a centrifuge for FF fans in that it separates those who enjoyed previous games in the series because they were good, and those who mostly lap it up just because of the name Final Fantasy. I appreciate that this game did real time combat and has an open world, since I think menu-based combat was getting stale, but god this game is a mess. I'm hoping that if there's ever another Final Fantasy game that maybe it might go into the hands of designers who know what they are doing.

I am embarrassed because I was just following the LP (don't have a PS4) and this game sold me in the beginning so I was talking excitedly about it. Then the bottom fell out, but some of my friends have picked it up. I'm not sure whether to give them a heads up that it gets worse, or just let them get angry at me later in the hopes that without my negative opinions they'll still enjoy it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

goatface posted:

Noctis teleports because he's the royal blood and loving nepotism man. So why can the royal elite guard do it? Alternatively, why can't everyone else?

Their bond with him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Honestly, showing royalty as spoiled pathetic manchildren who don''t care about anything expect themselves is the only part of this game they got right.

"The Aristocrats!"

Roll credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Congrats, you all now have cancer because you hosed around in evaporation ponds Ignis lit up a Malboro.

• Locked thread