Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
One night my roommate and I had a drinking game playing this where we take a drink every time we hit X and jump like an idiot instead of talking/interacting with an intended prompt.

We didn't last very long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Kuvo posted:

I posed this question to topikal after the recording: Which company approached the other for the endorsement deal?

Take a drink every time you see an example of product placement. Finish your drink if you groan, cringe or otherwise voice disgust at said placement. Proceed to die when you get to that side-quest.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Fedule posted:

Yeah it's a bit blink-and-you'll-miss-it but Ignis says something like "It looks like our money's no good out here", and Prompto at one point says "What's a... gil?".

I find it funny none of the cast have ever heard of a credit card. More so when you consider American Express is one of the product placements.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

And I expect the biggest one to remain unspoiled, so the crew gets to experience it blind when it shows up in a big way.

That side-quest. I haven't cringed so hard in a good while.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Oh, I know, but I'm just trying to visualize the entirety of that exchange.

I hope you are visualizing it with Noctis trying to pay someone with a banknote with his own face on it.

Bonus points if the image on the currency is mirroring his own usual deadpan expression.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 14, 2016

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
drat it. The comment about Prompto and bottle rockets loving killed me.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

The magic system looks kind of irritating.

The best part is the game provides a solution to it's pointless friendly-fire enabled magic system...via an item that comes from paid DLC.

Stay classy, Square-Enix. :shepicide:

Calihan fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 4, 2017

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Lunethex posted:

famous last words

To be fair, Kuvo is likely doing anything possible to stall the inevitable Persona 5 LP.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I wonder how many episodes it takes before one of them manages to make a proper spell.

You can use the stuff that drops from monsters to make far more potent spells for instance.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

So... is this game better or worse than Mass Effect Andromeda?

Prompto hasn't tried to shoot something holding the gun backwards (yet) so FF15 has to be at least a few points over ME:A.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 6, 2017

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
So close for the correct choices on the Prompto pep talk.

Part of me though is sad you didn't dunk on him at the first given chance.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Ah you guys finally got up to THAT side-quest.

Enjoy the cringe only shameless product promotion can deliver.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I am guessing the Type-D remodelling is something added in the DLC because I sure as hell don't remember that on my playthrough.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Sixty episodes later and someone finally work out they can add monster parts to magic to make it not terrible. Then they go ahead and make some tier 1 Thunder with ginger and call it a day.

I love this LP.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

This started out kind of promising with the crown prince having to fight scorpions for gas money.

I kept seeing in reviews that the whole road-trip aspect was a big deal, with lots of fancy hotels and run-down motels to stay at and lots of places to explore and 'beautiful' food and stuff (lol), but it's like...4 little towns and a bunch of samey sidequests. It isn't like 'the main plot sucks but the fun road-trip stuff rules'. There's no road trip stuff, either.

Those are pretty much my feelings as well. I can see what there were going for with the whole "Road trip with just your close bros so each of them can get more focus and character development" only they forgot to do any of that really. About the only sliver of development comes from random side quests they try to drag you off on which you can easily go through the whole game without the RNG triggering. Short of Ignis and his ski goggles, the characters pretty much end right where they started. There was so much dead air during the car rides and other events. Why they were not used for pretty much anything boggles the mind.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 19, 2018

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

topiKal posted:

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 62: Shenmue Ep 20

~43:00 def one of the funniest moments from any game we've played

Congrats on making it to the finish line. I honestly thought you guys may have bailed out half way though it all. And I don't think many would have blamed you.

Thanks for making a convoluted mess entertaining to watch.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 22, 2018

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

topiKal posted:

Thanks for watching, love yall. Can't believe this took almost a year and a half.

There will be a few more eps at least. As promised we are going to play through the currently available DLC. Once we finish that we're probably done, I can't see myself coming back to this turd every time a DLC releases.

Anyway, we'll try to get another recording session in soonish.

Oh hell, I don't think there is enough liquor in the world to prepare you for the raw cringe of Episode Prompto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm here for it because I still don't know what the gently caress happened and apparently the DLC fills in some of the plot gaps? I guess?

It fills in the painfully artificial gaps the developers themselves created by the characters walking off the screen, having some ridiculous event happen to them then refuse to speak of it again in the main game (Ignis' sight, Gladiolus' scars, Prompto being the world's worst clone trooper).

Just don't expect those answers to make a whole lot of sense or rise above the level of writing that we have seen so far. If anything, I would say two out of three of the episodes are even worse.

• Locked thread