Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

This was a nice surprise for sure! My condolences though, the combat in this game just looks absolutely awful... Did it feel awful as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

It just got the poo poo kicked out of it in a war, they are super broke right now.

From what I can tell these were the steps.

Noctis Kingdom loses war badly, but manages to secure peace treaty. Part of treaties terms are that Noctis has to marry into one of the Empire's vassal states. While the final meeting about the treaty is about to happen Noct is sent to Tenebreae the vassal state to get ready for his wedding there. Noct's car breaks down on the way.

Also fun fact. Regis is latin for "of the King" so King Regis is "King of the King."

When was this back story ever told to the player? Was it in those paintings? I didn't actually read them in the video so I'm curious.

Something I wanted to mention about the paintings (and combat tutorial as well), did anyone else feel like they were added way late in development? Maybe after they realized 'oh poo poo, we forgot to set up the story and setting'.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah I had no idea a tie-in book or movie existed. I hate when they lean on this supplemental material poo poo, just give me context for the setting in the game. 13 was bad about it too with all those boring codex pages.

e: ^Agreed. The combat could have been taught with pop ups while fighting scorpions.

DO IT TO IT fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 13, 2016

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Man, it's kinda crazy to think about the fact that a game in development for a decade was rushed out the door or ran out of time. It's not surprising, though.

• Locked thread