Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

i was in the most random "I wanna re-watch some old T40s stuff" mood yesterday.

Then I find this today.

The world is good.

I don't plan to play this game, at least not any time soon so watching you guys again and seeing all this new stuff is just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So the big guy with the big dumb guy voice is probably my least favorite character so far. I mean, Snow was no less gigantic but he sounded like a normal person so I don't know what they were thinking here.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The magic system looks kind of irritating. Maybe it makes more sense if I was playing it.

Still, this was one of my favorite episodes yet.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

It was good hearing bandunk's bird noises again.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is it just me or does the lady's departing dialogue sound like several different one-liners all slapped together? I dunno how to describe it, it just doesn't "flow" like someone talking, at least to me.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Going by her name, Boob Dragoon is the best character in this game. Boobs are awesome, Dragoons are awesome, it works.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I wonder if I binge-watched this LP from the beginning I'd understand what was going on.

I didn't even remember Ramuh being in this game.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

when was the last good final fantasy game

cuz i'm not sure there's been one in a while

mmos don't count how does this series keep going

Because the games sell. That's how it keeps going.

And I rather liked XIII-2. That's my choice for last good FF game.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Good god why. All I remember about it is that Chocolina was terrible and that there was a ridiculous card game with a clock.

After XIII's hallways, I enjoyed how open it was.
I liked the monster party member idea. What FF fan hasn't wanted a Tonberry in their party? And you can put a funny hat on it.
I love multiple endings and wish more games had them.
The game just felt like Square saying "okay, XIII didn't work, let's try EVERYTHING!!" Dialogue choices? Quiz games? Clock puzzles? QTEs? All this and more in FFXIII-2.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So the Empire has been making demons and the Empire's capital is overrun by demons? Is that right?

Fantasy villains do seem to love messing with evil otherworldly powers that ought never to be messed with, and then they're always surprised when things go sour.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Man, when you guys started talking about the Decline of Western Civilization, I got hit with some nostalgia. You had an episode about that back int the Final Fantasy X-2 LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The return of Bird(d?)unk.

• Locked thread