Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game is so weird. It feels like so many ideas got mashed together with no real thought for the overall cohesion of it. But the most bizarre part has to be how blatant and shameless the product placement gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Drink every time you want to punch Prompto.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was really hoping this episode was gonna have you bumbling into a high level demon at night and getting annihilated. Oh well, its gonna happen at some point.

booksnake posted:

That's literally what it is, though? Gladio said something... before they got to their first campsite, i think, that remarks that the all black jackets and stuff is the Kingsguard uniform.

I think Scaramouche is just trying to point out how ridiculous it is that the game thinks it can pass off black leather and jeans as the official military uniform.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

zxqv8 posted:

Does the party ever change, like ever, or is this just (insert boy band reference) for the next 110 episodes?

There is some character growth but not an amazing amount, and certainly nothing you wouldn't expect. This game is basically you listening in on a roadtrip between 4 idiot friends. Oh and there's your standard FF plot about magic and evil empires stapled on too. Kind of clashes with the whole roadtrip part honestly. Its not apparent yet, but eventually this game starts telling two stories that mesh together really poorly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Unless there's DLC that puts all the guys in speedos I don't think they will be on the level of Cindy.

Speaking of which, never change Noctis out of the winter jacket. It suits his personality so drat well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Genocyber posted:

It's hot in the desert.

So lose the jacket.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lt. Conquistador posted:

I mean, I believed that when it came to Kojima, but this is an entirely different case.

Why would you believe Kojima was capable of writing a decent female character

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The evil empire basically controls the entire world at this point but are incapable of dealing with 4 idiots that like to camp out in the open every other night. You'd think they would wake up to 30 dropships ready to drop an entire army on them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

anilEhilated posted:

I think that is what the Empire tried in the episode where they first encountered dropships. It did not work.
The empire does not seem to be particularly competent.

Pretty sure that was just the EPA showing up to defend that poor endangered rhino thing.

By the end of this game Noctis has probably driven dozens of species to extinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That was some awfully dramatic music for a dumb gimmick fight.

• Locked thread