Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like the combat in this game but so much poo poo is often going on at once that the whole "strategy" thing can be kind of hard to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DO IT TO IT posted:

When was this back story ever told to the player? Was it in those paintings? I didn't actually read them in the video so I'm curious.

In the tie-in film and anime series.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean brotherhood is more just to sort of give context to the crew but the game basically presumes you watched Kingsglaive.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You guys would have gotten to drive a little sooner if you'd just kept going, Ignis makes Noctis drive if he wants them to go out at night :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 16, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm really disappointed you didn't bumble into the mine, there's a bunch of goblins in there for you to kill forever and be confused as to why the quest isn't ending because you're trashed

e: the slow and meandering nonsense levels in the game are high enough to really enable Ryanmaning

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd point to the end of Wada's time as president as significant as well.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Noctis will regret his words and deeds

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Regarding the No Experience accessory: it is intended for no level runs yes, but the key thing about it is that it doesn't actually give you No Experience, it just stops you from leveling when you rest. So what you do with it is pop it on before you go to sleep at a campground or RV, then take it off in the morning, so that you just accumulate tons and tons of experience until you cash it in at a x2 or x3 hotel (which are expensive as poo poo even with your discount card) and powerlevel like all loving hell.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also no the Imperial soldiers aren't people, they're robots.

e: oh nvm you got to that part

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 5, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Prompto is the thing that makes the game work because he's, at least to me, what makes it clear that SOMEONE is in on the joke of how insane and dumb this game is

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the longer and more frequent the episodes are, the sooner we'll get to see you guys experience your character arcs where you grow to love Prompto

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Re: frog exp

Quests give lots of EXP, hunts give lots of cash

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There was a lot more to Deadeye originally, because he was the main boss of the Demo they put out two years ago, but they stripped a lot of it out for the main game when he was retooled as a mere early game sidequest.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

whowhatwhere posted:

Were there a bunch of gimmicks in it that they retooled for other fights?

Not that I saw but then I stopped playing after they announced they were redoing half the game in patches.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Big Love/Broken Walk Cycle Saga is maybe my favorite part of any T40's LP (aside from the slurs but that's what the internet was at the time including me so) but aside of that yeah Fable 2 was pretty terrible (though I put that on the game, not you guys). Even LBP2 at least had the weird user created level episodes.

I'm sorry I made fun of Lunch Break so much.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 14, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lunethex posted:

NEVER CHANGE NOCTIS' OUTFIT NOW

don't speak too soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Skeleton King posted:

15 is a good example of a studio taking too long to make a game that really only needed half that time. FF13 versus, or whatever 15 started off as, was announced almost 7 years ago. And what is there to show for it? An overworld that is almost completely barren except for annoying fetch quests?

7 nothing it was announced 11 years ago at E3 06.

Of course the actually released game was likely only in development since... probably 2013ish. Multiple reboots culminating in Tabata being given the (tattered scraps of the) project clearly occurred.

E: also Benson being surprised that Kuvo beat a game from March

• Locked thread