Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
The Pushing 30s newest LP: brought to you by Nissin Cup Noodles®. We know you love any kind of meat, and nothing goes great with Nissin Cup Noodles® like any kind of meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Qwarq posted:

You crazy motherfuckers. Did Tales of Vesperia teach you nothing?

Also I can't believe bandunk is loving alive. I didn't even recognize his voice at first.

One doesn't recognize bandunk's voice per se. One just recognizes bandunk's volume.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Your battle buddy seems almost as useless as the gun guy from Fable II.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I've started playing this myself and from what little experience I have let me just say that you are loving insane. But hey what else is new

it can't possibly be worse than X-2

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

melodicwaffle posted:

I really wish I'd gotten a spare code for the gaudy chocobo decal DLC so I could send that to you as well.

I'm looking forward to what you do to the car in the future. :allears:

Does it also change Cindy into Chocolina?

I kid, I kid. There's no way Square wouldn't charge for that separately.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

dimenticon posted:

Cindy ended up being likeable to me by the end of the game, in the sense that her accent actually grew on me and she was inoffensive and friendly.

Really though, not seeing any good reason she's dressed as she is and was given that refueling scene other than the obvious, which isn't a good reason imo.

Besides, it could be much worse.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Yea the sidequests have no context and are just pointless filler it looks like. Also the characters are one dimensional, nothing much has happened in the plot and the combat seems repetitive and dull. I don't really follow the FF series and maybe this plays better than it looks, but so far they're x number of hours in and this does not seem to be very good imo. How was it recieved?

The characters aren't even one-dimensional. They're basically the Ep I characters in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI&t=413s.

Their personalities are basically stupid, large muscles, weird accent, and able to use magic for plot reasons.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Smoky Bandana posted:

It was pretty good, Alex trying to explain End of Eva was one of the best things to come out of T40's.

Oh Lord which one is this.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

topiKal posted:

:cool::cool::cool: STILL HAVEN'T DIED YET :cool::cool::cool:

I eagerly await gently caress Bandunk 2.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Damnit Noct, that's not how you dab.

Also I'd forgotten how much I needed Bandunk singing in my life.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

The camera during that Quetzalcoatl fight sure was a thing of beauty.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

topiKal posted:

Also we're bad at games

Nothing is going to be worse than gently caress Bandunk though, so you're good.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Pennfalath posted:

Good news! More ffxv material for you guys to LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjkypaxnUw

To be honest, the game looks better this way.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Mo Prompto mo pictures.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

But... but...

:human being:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

I tried to read the wiki plot summary for this game and I'm still not sure who the antagonist is.

However, apparently there's a Prompto DLC.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Kuvo posted:

full disclosure: a wine cube was involved in these next few episodes so dont expect much

I expect lots of wine.

Edit: having now watched the episode, I can't say that it fell short of my expectations.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 25, 2017

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Zoe posted:

I'm finally getting around to watching the Shenmue 2 LP while I kill time, and I have to say between this and what I remember of the first Shenmue, there's so much more freedom and things to do in both of these old rear end games, no matter how bad they were in other ways. FFXV is a pretty big failure as an open world game, among other things.

Hey now, there's plenty of stuff to do in FFXV, it's just that none of it is interesting (aside from sick car jumps).

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

It was no accident, eggs on ramen are great.

That egg topping business is a great idea. You're even in San Francisco where that type of thing would probably catch on with the hipsters. :aaa:

Hell, the Senor Sisig food truck already has a "$1 add egg to any menu item" option.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

And I rather liked XIII-2. That's my choice for last good FF game.

Good god why. All I remember about it is that Chocolina was terrible and that there was a ridiculous card game with a clock.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Even with the explanations my understanding of the plot is basically demons bad emperor bad Noctis some sort of martyr damnit I want the stupid car back.

No loving idea what the homeless man is.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Rumsfeld: the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Vavrek posted:

This LP doesn't feel over to me, because I'm left with no sense of closure.

It's not over until a DVD gets chucked off a cliff.

• Locked thread